Profile for Karen > Reviews

Karen "Karen" (Durham)

Handel - Your tuneful voice
Handel - Your tuneful voice

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music, lovely to listen to, 13 Feb 2014
This CD is a pure delight. The orchestra and soloists are brilliant - especially Iestyn davies who has a lovely, pure voice. It's not music that I am at all familiar with - but listening to it I felt I had known it all my life.

Highly recommended for those who like Handel or Baroque music in general - and an absolute must for fans of Iestyn Davies!

Seriously Funny
Seriously Funny
by Adrian Plass Jeff Lucas

5.0 out of 5 stars A thought provoking but funny read, 4 May 2010
This review is from: Seriously Funny (Paperback)
I have read many books by Jeff Lucas and Adrian Plass and have enjoyed them all - so was very pleased to see a book by both of them - and it did not disappoint!

I was laughing out loud in some places and yet moved to tears by other stories. It's another honest, refreshing look at the Christian faith by 2 people who are happy to admit their failures, doubts and mistakes! I really struggle with some Christian books where the author conveys a kind of perfect existence...

I couldn't put it down once I'd started reading it and would thoroughly recommend it.

I think I've said the same thing as the other reviews - but that's because everything that's been said sums the book up so well!