Profile for Bill > Reviews

Content by Bill

Bill

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful product, 27 Sept. 2013
Once again we find ourselves buying a Roberts product and not being let down. The build quality is superb, the quality of the radio is just magnificent, very easy to set up - it's almost worth unplugging the unit, and re connecting just to watch how smoothly the clock is set up. We have upgraded from the FM version which we have had for about 10 years and as usual, Roberts have done themselves proud. If you want a good alarm clock with a good radio, just but this one. Sorry about the superlatives, but it is good.

Belkin Dual Band WLAN Range Extender 2x300 MBit/s
Belkin Dual Band WLAN Range Extender 2x300 MBit/s

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple Range extender, 20 May 2012
OK, So I have a bit of a history trying to extend the range of my wireless network (based on a netgear router). I've tried netgear and belkin extenders with not much joy and an incredible amount of frustration.

In one final effort yesterday, I found this product and thought I might as well give it a try.

All I can say is

Wow!

Wow!

This thing grabbed my network, told me what was there, said this is what you need to do - it was SO EASY!!!. It's brilliant, works really well. cannot recommend it highly enough. If you want to extend your network, buy this one!!!

Not a Belkin or netgear employee!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2012 12:23 PM BST

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Extended Edition) [Blu-ray] [2011] [2001]
Dvd ~ Elijah Wood
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Lord of the Rings - blue ray extended edition, 30 Sept. 2011
Admittedly, we did have breaks, but we started at 1 pm, and gave up at 1 am, with (frustratingly) the last part of the last film still to go. The quality of the blue ray is just excellent, and the additional material seriously adds to the story. This is a brilliant piece of work which I can't recommend highly enough.

To Miss with Love
To Miss with Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Please Miss, work for us, 2 May 2011
This review is from: To Miss with Love (Kindle Edition)
Ms Birbalsingh really should be the minister for education. This book clearly demonstrates why a professional who is driven by a love for teaching should be in charge of education policy. Rather than some random politico working to a dogma.

The difficulties of teaching at secondary level not only in inner cities but across the country are clearly displayed in a superb writing style that both makes you feel for the kids and angry at the system which contributes to the difficulties of instilling discipline and creating an atmosphere conducive to learning.

Interspersed with humorous and touching episodes that demonstrate her care for the children she teaches this is a very readable book, which I highly recommend.

It's Your Time You're Wasting: A Teacher's Tales of Classroom Hell (Frank Chalk Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Chalk and time wasting., 15 April 2011
Can't really say this was an enjoyable book to read because of its content, but it is a compelling read that I found difficult to put down (turn off? - Kindle). He has a very entertaining writing style, and his book is humorous in many ways.

I would highly recommend this book as a very good read.