Profile for buff orpington > Reviews

Content by buff orpington

buff orpington

Canon PIXMA MX895 All-In-One Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax)
Canon PIXMA MX895 All-In-One Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax)

3.0 out of 5 stars Linux users, 25 Aug. 2012
After agonising for weeks about which all-round printer to buy I thought this looked a good bet and was impressed by its reviews and discount on Amazon.
However, my computer's operating system is Linux and I didn't realise how little backup there would be for a relatively new product. My daughter and I unpacked the printer and worked carefully through the written instructions with no problems until required to put in the CDs which were only for Windows/Mac users.Nearly three weeks later the problem is still not resolved as the Linux driver is still encountering problems, and features like scanning are still totally inaccessible to us as they were not set up because we had no usable CD. I will now have to wait for my son to pay us a visit and spend hours fixing everything (I hope!).
If I had known about these drawbacks I could have purchased an older Canon like the Pixma 6250 recommended by Which? which may have had better backup, so be warned!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2012 5:01 PM GMT