Profile for Nicola > Reviews

My Little Pony Mini's 3 Pack: Rarity, Photo Finish & Hoity Toity
My Little Pony Mini's 3 Pack: Rarity, Photo Finish & Hoity Toity
Offered by The Budget Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini ponies, 11 Jun 2013
Love this 3 set. The ponies are small! Same size as the blind bag ponies, and Rarity is exactly the same as the Rarity in the purple bind bags. The paint job is very good though and they look really great!
Not sure if they're worth the money being sold for on here though, I found them for slightly cheaper elsewhere.

Mattel Y0434 Monster high - Dance class lagoona blue doll
Mattel Y0434 Monster high - Dance class lagoona blue doll
Offered by Collectors Kingdom

4.0 out of 5 stars Lagoona Blue, 11 Jun 2013
Beautiful doll! Excellent addition to my collection, she is very very pretty and her hair is beautiful, I would definitely recommend her.

I only give 4 stars because my particular doll came with a slight factory fault (purple line above eyelashes which shouldn't be there) which is an annoyance to a collector but not that noticeable. Her bag also doesn't stay on her shoulder very well and my biggest annoyance is that she doesn't come with a stand, so i'll have to shell out for a separate stand for her. But I can't moan much about that considering she's one of the cheapest MH dolls on the market.

Now I just need to get the rest of the Dance Class collection :)

Hell Bunny Dress TIGERLILLI DRESS cream 3XL
Hell Bunny Dress TIGERLILLI DRESS cream 3XL
Offered by MIK funshopping

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 23 May 2013
Beautiful dress, don't have a petticoat yet to wear it with but it looks fantastic without one.
Fantastic quality, and the straps are adjustable :)
I am usually a 16/18 dress size and a 2xl/xx-large fit perfectly

W7 Glitter Nail Polish Varnish - Silver Dazzle 15ml
W7 Glitter Nail Polish Varnish - Silver Dazzle 15ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Silver Dazzle, 22 May 2013
This nail polish is gorgeous! It goes on well and is very very sparkly in sunlight. It doesn't look too bad indoors either.
The only problem was, after putting on two coats and a top coat it lasted only until the evening before it chipped. It just seemed to peel right off!
I will try this with a base coat, but overall I am disappointed with the staying power.

A Feast for Crows (Reissue) (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)
A Feast for Crows (Reissue) (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)
by George R. R. Martin

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as they make out., 16 May 2013
A Storm of Swords was a hard act to follow, and a Feast for Crows didn't quite manage it, but it did put up a hell of a fight.
The lack of Tyrion and Daenerys was very annoying, but Cersei getting her own POV chapters was a nice surprise. I didn't think I could possibly hate her any more than I did, but reading things from her point of view soon changed that!
All in all it was still a great book, the writing was amazing and George R.R. Martin succeeds in pulling you further into his amazing fantasy world.

W7 Nail Polish - Textured Suede Effect - 139 Night Suede (15ml)
W7 Nail Polish - Textured Suede Effect - 139 Night Suede (15ml)
Offered by Headprom

4.0 out of 5 stars Suede effect, 15 April 2013
This polish goes on very even and dries incredibly fast.
It is very matte, no shine at all.
I thought it would be more glittery, looking at the bottle, but the glitter doesn't show up well, and it's a VERY dark grey, almost black.
Good for a gothy look but not much else I dare say.
Good quality polish but the colour isn't very special.
Chipped after 3 days (with a top coat)

Iron Fist Women's Slow Dance Platform Open Toe
Iron Fist Women's Slow Dance Platform Open Toe
Offered by die Kunststätte Fashion

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful shoes!, 30 Mar 2013
Amazing shoes, very comfortable and easy to walk in, even though they don't look it! they're absolutely beautiful, and come with new heel points for when your new ones wear down.
I must say though, I am usually a size six in heels, but had to had a seven in these (the sevens do fit perfectly though)

Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops
Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops
by Jen Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird indeed!, 28 Mar 2013
Read it as soon as it arrived in the post, absolutely hilarious! I think I was laughing for a good ten minutes at the quotes about the famous five books! The ripping yarns section was by far the funniest, but I was giggling the whole way through!
The only criticism I had was that sometimes it wasn't clearly marked when a quote ended, a bit confusing at times.

101 Facts You Should Know About Food
101 Facts You Should Know About Food
by John Farndon

4.0 out of 5 stars 101 facts, 26 Mar 2013
A little outdated now (published 2007) But very informative and easy to read. A great place to start if you're interested in learning more about what you eat. Some of the facts have a big shock factor!

2013 A Song of Ice and Fire Calendar
2013 A Song of Ice and Fire Calendar
by George R.R Martin
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Calendar, 7 Mar 2013
This ASOIAF calendar is simply stunning. It's amazing quality and the pictures are breathtaking (if not a little disturbing) I think I'm going to have nightmares about October but it's still a brilliant picture. Every month is relevant to the books and really adds to the magic of the scenes depicted.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7