Profile for Alejandro Hernandez Puertas > Reviews

Content by Alejandro Hern...

Alejandro Hernandez Puertas "dequesi" (Frankfurt, Germany)

Christmas
Christmas
Offered by encorerecords
Price: 13.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Christmas EP ever, 16 Dec 2009
This review is from: Christmas (Audio CD)
The tradition being that Christmas songs must be either depressingly melancholy or merry to the point of dumbness, the Pet Shop Boys manage to mingle partying with a touch of irony that gives the final collection of songs a rare spiciness for extra flavour, while keeping the songs accesible to all audiences, from the mainstream to the club-goers. Genius.

Honegger: Jeanne d'Arc au Bucher [IMPORT]
Honegger: Jeanne d'Arc au Bucher [IMPORT]
Price: 5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound quality, 6 Jan 2004
I was lucky enough to have a small part in a recent performance of this Joan of Arc in June 2003. Unfortunately, no recording was made. So I bought this recording online as a companion to my own personal memory of the show and was terribly disappointed by the poor quality of the recording. Though I do like classical music, I'm not particularly into it, so I guess I tried to get it cheap and got it bad. The performance itself is not bad (though I preferred the rather modern arrangements of other versions), but the sound quality is terribly poor and keeps no trace of the subtleties of the work. My recommendation is to try a different edition - that's what I'll be doing myself next!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2012 9:44 PM GMT