Profile for Ms. L. A. Nelson > Reviews

Content by Ms. L. A. Nelson

Ms. L. A. Nelson (London)

Vintage Couture Tailoring
Vintage Couture Tailoring
by Thomas Von Nordheim

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, 5 Sept. 2012
This book is a must have for anyone who is interesting in couture tailoring. I eagerly awaited the publication of this book after Mr von Nordheim was recommended to me as a tutor: I was not disappointed. The book guides you step by step through the processes involved in creating a jacket. The text is clearly written and enhanced by the numerous pictures. Mr von Nordheim puts the subject into context historically and also explains the techniques, tools and materials used in couture tailoring clearly and concisely. Each chapter of the book deals with a specific aspect of the process, rather than detailing the creation of a jacket following the sequence of work. I found this structure particularly useful when using the book as a reference e.g. when making buttonholes or pockets. The techniques in the book are not difficult, however they demand time, practice and attention to detail to execute properly. This book has become a favorite of mine in the short time I've owned it. My sewing, especially hand sewing skills have improved exponentially since owning this book.

Peripheral Nervous System Examination [DVD]
Peripheral Nervous System Examination [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent teaching resource, 17 Mar. 2008
I purchased the whole set of Andreas Syrimis's DVD's to use as teaching and revision aids for both under and post graduate orthodox and complementary medicine students. Mr Syrimis has made the subject of physical examination accessible. He has removed the mystery from it. I particularly liked the systematic approach to testing all structures related to the PNS e.g. muscles, reflexes and sensory modalities. The subject is clearly and logically presented. The format facilitates numerous ways of teaching from initial subject introduction to revision. Thank you Mr Syrimis and I wish the DVD's had been published when I was a student. I have no reservations in recommending them to tutors and students alike.

Cardiovascular Examination [DVD]
Cardiovascular Examination [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent teaching resource, 17 Mar. 2008
I purchased the whole set of Andreas Syrimis's DVD's to use as teaching and revision aids for both under and post graduate orthodox and complementary medicine students. Mr Syrimis has made the subject of physical examination accessible. He has removed the mystery from it. Useful recordings e.g heart sounds. The subject is clearly and logically presented. The format facilitates numerous ways of teaching from initial subject introduction to revision. Thank you Mr Syrimis and I wish the DVD's had been published when I was a student. I have no reservations in recommending them to tutors and students alike.

Abdominal Examination [DVD]
Abdominal Examination [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent teaching resource, 17 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Abdominal Examination [DVD] (DVD)
I purchased the whole set of Andreas Syrimis's DVD's to use as teaching and revision aids for both under and post graduate orthodox and complementary medicine students. Mr Syrimis has made the subject of physical examination accessible. He has removed the mystery from it. This DVD include elements of genitourinary system examination so often missed in traditional teaching resourses. Please can we have a dedicated DVD on this area? The subject is clearly and logically presented. The format facilitates numerous ways of teaching from initial subject introduction to revision. Thank you Mr Syrimis and I wish the DVD's had been published when I was a student. I have no reservations in recommending them to tutors and students alike.

Cranial Nerves Examination [DVD]
Cranial Nerves Examination [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent teaching resource, 17 Mar. 2008
I purchased the whole set of Andreas Syrimis's DVD's to use as teaching and revision aids for both under and post graduate orthodox and complementary medicine students. Mr Syrimis has made the subject of physical examination accessible. He has removed the mystery from it. The subject is clearly and logically presented. This DVD illustrates the anatomy of each cranial nerve from origin to effector structure. The format facilitates numerous ways of teaching from initial subject introduction to revision. Thank you Mr Syrimis and I wish the DVD's had been published when I was a student. I have no reservations in recommending them to tutors and students alike.

Musculoskeletal Examination: Clinical Exams DVD Series [DVD]
Musculoskeletal Examination: Clinical Exams DVD Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ A. Syrimis

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent teaching resource, 17 Mar. 2008
I purchased the whole set of Andreas Syrimis's DVD's to use as teaching and revision aids for both under and post graduate orthodox and complementary medicine students. Mr Syrimis has made the subject of physical examination accessible. He has removed the mystery from it. My students found the musculoskeletal DVD especially helpful. This is an area of physical examination that students traditionally have difficulty with. The subject is clearly and logically presented. The format facilitates numerous ways of teaching from initial subject introduction to revision. Thank you Mr Syrimis and I wish the DVD's had been published when I was a student. I have no reservations in recommending them to tutors and students alike.