Profile for Lorraine Butterfield > Reviews

Content by Lorraine Butte...

Lorraine Butterfield

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Stranger In My Life
The Stranger In My Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping!, 18 Feb. 2015
Wasn't sure I wanted to read this book when it was first published but a friend recommended it recently so I took the plunge and so glad I did. An excellent book that has the reader hooked almost from the start right to the very end.

Baby's Got Blue Eyes: Introducing DI Ted Darling
Baby's Got Blue Eyes: Introducing DI Ted Darling

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 16 Feb. 2015
This is probably the most gripping book I've read. Not being a crime thriller fan I only bought this book because I know the author and have read her 'Sell The Pig' trilogy which I thoroughly enjoyed. How glad I am that I did!

By the time I'd got past the first few chapters, I felt as if I knew the characters personally - thanks to the writer's keen eye for detail. The DI was a Darling by name and darling by nature.

The last paragraph came as a real surprise - but a nice one. I'm looking forward to the next book by L M Krier and am sure I won't be disappointed.

The Italian Cooking Encyclopedia
The Italian Cooking Encyclopedia
by Linda Fraser

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 24 Jan. 2015
Great book at a great price. A must for all lovers of Italian food.

100 Recipes - Italian - Love Food (100 Everyday Recipes)
100 Recipes - Italian - Love Food (100 Everyday Recipes)
by Parragon Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Book!, 20 Jan. 2015
Excellent selection of Italian dishes for every season!!

Breath in the Dark
Breath in the Dark

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing read!, 7 Oct. 2014
Three stars because I was waiting for something to happen, unfortunately by the time I'd finished reading the book nothing much had happened and the ending is sudden with no hint as to what happened to Jane. Not one to recommend I'm afraid.

The Domestic Violence Diary: My Escape
The Domestic Violence Diary: My Escape

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but to the point!, 6 Oct. 2014
A very good read. Well written and to the point without too much unnecessary detailing of the actual physical abuse and that is not a flippant comment, just an observation that books don't always need the 'blow by blow' accounts to sell them.

The Room (Kindle Tablet Edition)
The Room (Kindle Tablet Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 26 Feb. 2014
Never played these sort of games before but it was so addictive and well worth 69p!! Will be trying Room II next!

Notte Illuminata [+digital booklet]
Notte Illuminata [+digital booklet]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 17 Feb. 2014
This is the first time I've bought and MP3 of Andrea Bocelli but as with any recordings of his I was not disappointed.

Il Mare Calmo Della
Il Mare Calmo Della

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Il Mare Calmo Della (Audio CD)
Anything by Andrea Bocelli gets full marks from me and this CD is no exception - got just about everything he's ever relesased and even though I already have all the songs on different DVD's/CD's/Videos I had to buy this.

Netflix
Netflix

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Netflix (App)
Downloaded but won't work, in fact it won't do anything - apart from freeze and I keep having to turn the Kindle off to get rid of it on the screen. Not too bothered though as it was free :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3