Profile for Phil S.B > Reviews

Phil S.B (London, UK)

Jim Knighthorse Series: First Three Books
Jim Knighthorse Series: First Three Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Looking forward to book # 4, 27 May 2013
Light enjoyable crime thriller series, was great to get the trilogy and to be able to read them without the wait. The lead character Knighthorse is arrogant , but funny. Would definitely recommend. Looking forward to book no. 4

HOSTILE WITNESS (Thriller/legal thriller): A Josie Bates Thriller (The Witness Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great legal thriller, 28 Mar. 2013
I got this as a free kindle book and thoroughly enjoyed it. The storyline is interesting and well written. I will be looking to read others from the series.

King of Swords: (Assassin Series #1)
King of Swords: (Assassin Series #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - fast paced and clever, 28 Mar. 2013
I bought this book after reading "Night of the Assassins" both are gripping and well-written. I couldn't put the book down and finished it in no-time. Definitely would recommend it, especially if you enjoy reading action with masterful assassination plots.

Soul Identity
Soul Identity

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable quick read, 28 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Soul Identity (Kindle Edition)
I found this book to be interesting and enjoyable. It is a light-read and one for travelling. It does not have a difficult plot to follow but it is an interesting one. Definitely worth a read.

Natural Causes: Inspector McLean 1 (Inspector Mclean Mystery)
Natural Causes: Inspector McLean 1 (Inspector Mclean Mystery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read - read past the opening chapter, 28 Mar. 2013
This book starts with a very gruesome, dark opening. However, if you manage to read through this it becomes an excellent read. The setting and characters are fascinating. It has a supernatural element to it, but this does not overwhelm the plot. I will definitely be reading the next book.

A Cold Day for Murder (A Kate Shugak Investigation Book 1)
A Cold Day for Murder (A Kate Shugak Investigation Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but slow starter, 28 Mar. 2013
This was an enjoyable read, however I found it to be a slow starter. You will enjoy this if you like reading detailed background, character settings and learning about different lifestyles.

STM Bags Scout for iPad - Black
STM Bags Scout for iPad - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and Compact, 26 Aug. 2011
I was looking for a travel bag when I came across this. It made sense to buy a bag this size, so that I could fit my kindle and when required my netbook. There were a few full reviews on you tube, which I found informative.

The product arrived promptly and is as described. I have taken the pad off as I find this too bulky. I like the quick adjustable buckle and it is an ideal size, above all it does not look like a laptop bag. I am very happy with it, I managed to fit my 10" netbook, kindle, medium sized phone, wallet, notebook and it did not look bulky.

The only negative thing is that it is described as being suitable for an 11" netbook, however mine is 10" and it is a tight squeeze, the inner top flap does not velcro shut, so I need to tuck it in partially. But this has not bothered me as I would prefer to have this size and make do.

Finally, there is an open sleeve on the rear where you can place a small book, paper or perhaps temporarily your passports at the airport.

Canon No 41 Colour Ink Cartridge (CL-41, CL41)
Canon No 41 Colour Ink Cartridge (CL-41, CL41)

1.0 out of 5 stars Still waiting for the items - 12 days and counting!, 24 Aug. 2011
I ordered 2 ink cartridges 12 days a go. I was hoping to receive it within the 3-5 days listed as I required it urgently. It has been 12 days since the order and I have been told that I need to wait a minimum of 15 before they review my options. I would not recommend ordering from here unless you are able to wait.

The Pocket Idiot's Guide to Grammar and Punctuation (Pocket Idiot's Guides)
The Pocket Idiot's Guide to Grammar and Punctuation (Pocket Idiot's Guides)
by Jay Stevenson

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and easy to read, 11 April 2010
I was looking for a book to brush up and improve my grammar, this book was very easy reading. I found it extremely clever in the way it summarised the verbal tenses. It can be used as a referencce book or a general read if like me, you need to start from the beginning. The best thing is it is definitely 'pocket size' so fits in yr pocket when you are commuting.
The chapters are well organised, so if you speed read, you can read the summary and the essential points at the end. The writing style is very nicely done, and is to follow, the writer uses humour to make a really boring subject easier to follow.

Pros: Pocket size, easy to read, good starting point to improve grammar and punctuation

Cons: Not comprehensive, like an A-Z grammar book.

I would definitely recommend it for those that are looking to refresh or learn grammar.

English Grammar In Use with Answers and CD ROM: A Self-study Reference and Practice Book for Intermediate Students of English
by Raymond Murphy

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best book to learn grammar from., 11 April 2010
I bought this book with the hope to improve my grammar after reading the reviews here. Perhaps others may have found this book extremely useful, however I personally have not found it beneficial. The other day I wanted to find out about the first conditonal and found that it only has 2 lines on it, which does not make it any clearer.
It definitely has a lot of work sheets to practice the tenses, but not enough explanation for my liking. Perhaps I have misunderstood the the aim of the book, but I was looking to purchase a book to improve my grammar knowledge and not just do gap-fill exercises.

I just wanted to let others out there know in case they experience the same problems.