Profile for CARPE DIEM > Reviews

Content by CARPE DIEM

CARPE DIEM (London)

Page: 1 | 2
niceEshop(TM) Personal Body Fat Tester Kit Includes Fat Caliper and Measure Chart-White
Offered by Cosy-Zone

2.0 out of 5 stars rubbish Essentially useless. The calipers work ok, 8 Jun. 2015
rubbish

Essentially useless. The calipers work ok, they are cheap so id dint expect much, but the chart is completely pointless and simply tells you if you are very lean / lean/ average etc....

I could work this out just by looking in the mirror!

II think I'll just note down the measurement and use this to keep track over time of any changes.

The Warriors [1979] [DVD]
The Warriors [1979] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Beck
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Waaariors, come out to plaaaaay!, 27 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Warriors [1979] [DVD] (DVD)
Weird awesome classic!

The older this film gets the better it will become! Its so old school its nearly unbelievable that it isnt actually a parody.

Can you dig it?!?!

Designhutte Watch Winder Space
Designhutte Watch Winder Space

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 27 Jan. 2015
Looks pretty plastic and naff for the money!

Works ok, so can't complain.

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell
I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell
by Tucker Max

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, had funnier nights myself., 27 Jan. 2015
Some parts are genuinely hilarious but there is a lot boring nonsensical filler in between.

The 'I AM TUCKER MAX' arrogance wears very thin after a while and you gradually lose interest in the character.

Its worth a read, the book is so short and easy to read its not exactly a heavy investment of time or brain power.

I think any lad thats been on a boys holiday and a few wild uni nights could write a book as equally 'crazy'.

Harrington Jacket Retro/Mod/Scooter (S, Burgandy)
Harrington Jacket Retro/Mod/Scooter (S, Burgandy)
Offered by skytex

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but brilliant!, 27 Jan. 2015
Love this jacket!

Was hesistant to buy as the price was so low but its actually fairly decent quality and exactly what I wanted.

Ok, its not top quality Gucci. There were a lot of loose threads that needed to be picked off the hems and the metal zip is a bit flimsy and difficult o do up inf not directly in line.

BUT... its a great design and feels decent quality material. It looks great.

Size wise, it comes up a good fit around the chest. I am a 38 chest and bought a small which fits perfectly on the body but is slightly snug on the length of the sleeves.

Would recommend, in fact I'm buying a couple more colours for myself!

Viking Women's Prelude 7 Speed Traditional Bike
Viking Women's Prelude 7 Speed Traditional Bike
Price: £199.94 - £202.49

3.0 out of 5 stars its a nice bike but poor quality and very heavy, 7 Jan. 2015
In short, its a nice bike but poor quality and very heavy!

Basket never fitted properly and had to be bodged to stay in place.

Considering its a 'ladies' bike it is not a very ladylike weight!

Bought for girlfriend, she loved the looks and was pleased with how it rode but soon got tired of lugging it up the few steps outside our house and any slight incline out on the road.

New Samsung Galaxy S3 / Galaxy SIII GT-i9300 Multi-Pack of 10 Transparent Screen Protector Screen Guards from G-HUB

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap decent product, 5 Jun. 2014
Can't complain for the price!

Easy to apply. Hold on well.

Screen cleaners included

Would buy again, except I have 10 so probably never will need any more!

The plastic doesnt seem to scratch or go opaque even after a year of use.

Anker 2200mAh Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy S3 S III, I9300, I9305 LTE, Galaxy S3 Neo, fits EB-L1G6LLU, with NFC/Google Wallet Compatibility [18-Month Warranty]
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Good decent battery, 5 Jun. 2014
Had this battery exactly a year now.

Started off very good. It definitely had noticeably longer life than the original S3 battery however nothing incredible.
Worked very well for nearly 11 months. Only recently has it started to tail off a bit... so not really 500 cycles as the description says, I probably got a good 360 cycles before it started to diminish.

No problems with charging speed, overheating, NFC interferance or any other issues. Works very well in general.

Would recommend. This acid test...? Yes I am buying another one myself!

Blackrock Men's Hi-Vis Waistcoat - Yellow, Medium
Blackrock Men's Hi-Vis Waistcoat - Yellow, Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a hi-Viz, 20 May 2014
Size came up about right. I bought this I hate the big baggy XL hi vis you get normally and needed a snug fit for use on my motorbike. Ordered a medium and it only just fits over my jacket.

Sizes come up about right. They are not hugely oversized like most hi-viz

iTALKonline Black Retro Silent Office / Home Light-Weight USB Powered Metal Desktop Fan Cooler - Laptop, NetBook, Computer, MacBook
Offered by iTALKonline-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Not silent but good enough, 20 May 2014
Its not silent, but it is very quiet. I have it on my desk and it doesn't annoy me or my colleagues.

Maybe my expectations were a bit too high, its only a small fan so don't expect a gale of wind to be blasted at you. Its more of a 'strong waft'! But still enough to cool you down when it gets abit stuffy in the office or after the gym. I'm not sure how useful it would be in a really hot environment.

+ Looks pretty smart
+ long enough cable to snake around my desk
+ feels well built and robust

Page: 1 | 2