Profile for Beebee > Reviews

Content by Beebee

Beebee "Codename Blue" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Munchkin Bottle and Nipple Brush
Munchkin Bottle and Nipple Brush
Offered by Emjays Webstore LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for cleaning rust off of old horseshoes, 2 Sep 2014
The bristles on this brush are way too abrasive and there just aren't enough of them to thoroughly clean the bottle (lots of residue is left behind). The teat cleaner uses the same tough bristles and has a pointed top so I almost damaged my bottles. I will be going straight back to my Tommee Tippee brand brushes.

Expecting a Baby? (One Born Every Minute)
Expecting a Baby? (One Born Every Minute)
by Dr. Penelope Law

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent and detailed guide to pregnancy, 4 April 2014
As I am expecting my first baby and don't have a wide knowledge base amongst friends and family, I knew that I'd need a book to build my confidence in what's up ahead. This book is excellent for those who want to feel prepared for not only the basics, but don't want to be sitting confused whilst a medical team throws technical terms around you. Also, the section on 'what comes next' is very informative and has given me a real confidence boost. This book may not be as useful for those who want things very basic, as it often goes into detail on many subjects.

TouchSmart Screen Warm Gloves / Dot Gloves For Touch Screen for Apple iPhone 4 & 4S , iPad, iPod Touch, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC And Other Smartphones, PDA's & Sat navs (Pink) One Size
Offered by siamexpress

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable value, 7 Jan 2013
These gloves work fine on touch screens, but are not particularly robust. They started to bobble significantly after just a couple of wears, so aren't great if you're looking for touch screen gloves you can use every day. However, if you're only planning on using them for occasional journeys, they're good value for money.

Philips HP6572 Satin Perfect Trim Shape and Style Epilator with Luxury Bag and Three Attachment Heads (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Way too gentle..., 7 Jan 2013
I've been using an epilator on my legs for about 10 years, and I'm used to getting the job done quickly. This item claims to be efficient due to its wide head and specialist tweezer material, but it takes more than twice as long than my older, low-tech epilator and leaves behind quite a bit of hair. The only head worth using is the basic one, as the others don't feel any different and remove even less hair. The best feature on this epilator is the light, which is helpful(albeit disheartening, as you can see how little it's actually removing). The shaver head is reasonable, but I can't see myself using it regularly as it can't be taken in the shower. Also, the bag is definitely not "luxury", just a basic material bag with a zipper like you'd get in a Pound Shop to store your clothes pegs in.

I'd like to come up with an intelligent word to describe this item, but having used other, better ones all I can really think of is "wimpy". More effort seems to have gone into designing a pain-free device than one that actually gets the job done. I don't think I'd recommend it to people who are used to metal tweezers which work fast, more to people who are new to epilation who are prepared to put up with taking extra time to avoid a bit of pain.

The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy
by J. K. Rowling

3.0 out of 5 stars An unsettled speed makes for a difficult read, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Casual Vacancy (Hardcover)
When it was first noted that JK Rowling would be publishing a novel aimed at an adult audience, I was quite upbeat about it; there was clearly an edgy side to the later HP books that I was excited to see develop.

The Casual Vacancy certainly targets the adult audience with hard-hitting subjects such as poverty and drug abuse, and strong characters with multi-layered personalities. There are a lot of characters, all going about different strands of the story which can sometimes result in a little bit of confusion (especially as some use nick-names as well as full names).

Unfortunately, the slow start and 'up-and-down' developments results in it being difficult to feel any empathy towards the characters until the last quarter-or-so of the storyline. Some characters have threads that are important to their development, but often feel dragged out which can take momentum away from the storyline in general. There are also moments where the subject - the local council - becomes just plain boring.

Sadly, there seems to be an unnecessary amount of swearing (even when you take the characters' personalities into account), which does make you think that there's a little bit of overkill in Rowling's attempt to prove herself as an adult author. I'm not being a prude, it's just that sometimes it altered my perceptions of characters in an unhelpful manner.

My rating is 3 stars, as it is a clever and thought-provoking story but not really executed in the best possible way.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time - literally, 13 Dec 2012
This clock poses very poor value for money. Within 5 minutes of removing it from its packaging, a hole had developed through the centre of Danny's face where I'd put my fist through it. Only a Piers Morgan one would last less time than that!

GENUINE APPLE HANDSFREE WITH MIC & REMOTE FOR IPHONE 4 3GS 3G
GENUINE APPLE HANDSFREE WITH MIC & REMOTE FOR IPHONE 4 3GS 3G

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very robust, 25 Jun 2012
These headphones lasted less than three months before developing splits round the base of the buds, and the mic was not a very high sound quality from day one. I am not convinced that they are a genuine Apple product as stated and would advise against buying this item.

IPHONE 4 / IPHONE 4S GAMEBOY STYLE SILICONE CASE / COVER / SHELL / SKIN - WHITE
IPHONE 4 / IPHONE 4S GAMEBOY STYLE SILICONE CASE / COVER / SHELL / SKIN - WHITE
Offered by MI-EShop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 25 Jun 2012
I bought this case expecting it to only last a little while whilst I picked a decent hard one, but I'm still using it 5 months on and there's no damage to the detailing or strength. Some people on here have mentioned getting a 'Luck Case' - after I placed the order I emailed the seller specifically asking for the Game Boy one pictured, which is what I got and I'm very happy with. I would recommend this to anyone who wants medium levels of superficial scratch protection for their phone (handbags, junk drawers etc) and likes a quirky product. I would advise against this product if you're planning on being a bit more heavy-handed with your phone.

Note that this does not come with the sticky clear screen protectors; you will need to get these elsewhere.

BG Mp3 Player 4GB Sports Mp3 Player Headset Stereo Enigma Walkman Style Running Headphone Ub518

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic, but reasonable value for money, 25 Jun 2012
These headphones are not particularly comfortable if you have small ears, nor do they have great sound quality. However, for their price they're good value for money as they have a long battery life and don't look too stupid when you're wearing them. They don't have great noise cancellation, but they're loud enough to drown out any standard gym sounds around you (including other music). They're pretty robust, and much more versatile than an mp3 player with wires. They're good for weight training and low-intensity cardio (including running), but I wouldn't recommend them to people who expect them to stay in their ears whilst they do high-movement aerobics etc. I also wouldn't recommend them to people who plan on wearing them for more than 90ish minutes as they can get sweaty. Other than that, definitely worth a try.

Perfect Match
Perfect Match

2.0 out of 5 stars Good start that goes downhill, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Perfect Match (Kindle Edition)
The general gist of the story is a woman's son is sexually abused and she gets revenge on the suspect before his trial begins. At the beginning of the story you feel some levels of sympathy for the woman, but as the story drags on and more samey/predictable plot threads develop you end up losing any interest in what happens to her. I decided to stick with it, but then felt like I'd been robbed of my time when I reached the disappointing and lazy outcome. If you like crime stories that are quite easy to follow and include mild gore, you might enjoy this; if you like to use your own intuitiveness and imagination go elsewhere.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3