Profile for A. Cresswell > Reviews

Content by A. Cresswell
Top Reviewer Ranking: 631

A. Cresswell "Bubblefish777" (london, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Faithfull BATH Plasterers Bath 4ft x 2ft x 1ft
Faithfull BATH Plasterers Bath 4ft x 2ft x 1ft
Price: 34.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job !, 15 May 2014
This is a great idea for me. It's basically a dog dipping station. In the winter I got really fed up of my 2 Cocker Spaniels finding every muddy pool and stream and other bits of woodland to wallow in and bring home. Dragging each dog upstairs for a bath got old really quickly. So I bought this bath filled it full of water and dipped the dogs in it then towelled them dry. Result ! The dogs actually seemed to prefer it to the bath as they didn't slip and could look out. So if you filled this thing it would come to about shoulder height of a Cocker Spaniel. Half full and it's belly height and great for the dogs. Now the summer is coming along I'm looking to leave this out in the garden full and let the pair of them dip in and out to stay cool during really hot days. the Bath is very light and durable, stable, and seems really hard wearing. What's not to like ??? Buy One.

PetGear by Happy Pet Cage Mat, 24" x 36"
PetGear by Happy Pet Cage Mat, 24" x 36"
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good match for Cage (See review) Not so good on it's own., 13 May 2014
Ideal for a Dog Cage (See my review: Easipet Puppy Cage for Dog, 91 x 60 x 66 cm, Black) Soft and comfortable and able to absorb liquids with easy. Recommended.

Clip on Bowl Medium. Used for Bird Cages, but also can be used for dogs. Holds 600 ml/ 12 cm
Offered by The Path of Life
Price: 5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds about 1/2 Litre ... Good match for Cage. (See Review), 13 May 2014
Ideal for a Dog Cage (See my review: Easipet Puppy Cage for Dog, 91 x 60 x 66 cm, Black) Attaches securely to the cage and ensures the dog has something to drink while you are out. I also got a fleecy blanket that fits nicely in the cage as well so all combined does the job and keeps the water dish off the floor of the cage so the dog can lie down. Not infallible though and on occasion the bowl was obviously knocked off.

Easipet Puppy Cage for Dog, 91 x 60 x 66 cm, Black
Easipet Puppy Cage for Dog, 91 x 60 x 66 cm, Black
Offered by Far East Direct Ltd
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cocker Spaniel Size ... Good initial puppy trainer., 13 May 2014
Perfect size for a Cocker Spaniel. We used this for about 4 months as our new addition to the family was completely neurotic and when we went out anywhere she would chew walls and stairs and carpets despite having a multitude of chew toys. Nothing like the other cocker. However by sticking the cage under a table and her inside the cage she must have felt a little better and more secure in her cave and slowly over time (and a bit of trial and error) she got used to things and we found we could leave her in the cage with the cage door open and she didn’t attack anything and in fact would sleep inside with the door open at night. A year later and the cage is no longer needed and she no longer bites everything and she now copes a lot better when we are away.

Something South African Cape Malay Curry
Something South African Cape Malay Curry
Offered by Buy South Africa Online
Price: 3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars There;s a better one but this isn't too bad at all., 12 May 2014
I’ve tried several of these now. This I would rate as the second best. It’s a mild but fairly bland curry and really needs a little kick up in terms of taste. Still really easy to make and works wonders in a casserole dish or slow cooker. You can stick to the recipe and throw in potatoes etc. or you can be a little more adventurous and try different meats and vegetables. I have to say though my Favourite “Something South African” curry sauce is Peppadew. This is delicious and is like an Indian Mango curry. Still no matter what kind of curries you like I recommend you give them all a go …. There’s none of them that are bad.

I, Lucifer
I, Lucifer
by Glen Duncan
Price: 5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Irritating and simple not my style of writing., 12 May 2014
This review is from: I, Lucifer (Paperback)
In fairness to a friend of mine who was keen for me to read this book I tried to be more than fair with the book. However as I turned page after page I was more and more disappointed. I discussed the book with my friend and I’ll say here what I said to them. First it’s just really hard to follow what’s going on. The author continuously and annoying goes off at tangents and adlibs, and comments endlessly. Not one idea or sentence seems to be written without it trying to contain too many idea’s or comments. It’s like being party to or listening to a couple of friends who know each other very well and are continually making off topic references and jokes, that while you can understand them, you are left feeling they are not funny, but would have been if you were there. My friend countered with he rights as he speaks. That’s true. However I don’t like when people right accents. I prefer the author to say the character had an east London cockney accent rather than type their discourse the way they would talk. So instead of saying “Nothing” he replied in an East London Cockney accent. The author simply types ‘nuffink mate’
He’s also not particularly clever. His character’s name is a simple anagram of his own. His plot development is weak and wanders around aimlessly. All in all it’s a boring and annoying experience I can do without. I’m sure there are lots of people who will rave about his writing style but I prefer the clear and simple writing of Gemmel, Clancy and Feist and leave the characters and their development to my imagination.

Xerox A4 100gsm Premier Paper - White Ream
Xerox A4 100gsm Premier Paper - White Ream
Price: 6.07

5.0 out of 5 stars 100gm ... slightly heavier than 80gm :-), 12 May 2014
What can I tell you? It’s really white it’s A4 sized like it says on the packet and I use it for inkjet and laser printers and it works just fine. Why did I order it from Amazon? Well it was still cheaper to order this and for them to deliver it as part of my PRIME account than to buy it from STAPLES or TESCO. If it’s cheaper online including delivery then there’s not a lot of reason’s not to order it online. It’s not like it might break or not work …. And to be honest Amazon’s returns system is now so slick it would probably be quicker than going back to a local shop.

Authentic RDX Thai Kick Boxing Strike Curve Pad Arm Punch MMA GI
Authentic RDX Thai Kick Boxing Strike Curve Pad Arm Punch MMA GI
Offered by B2Fitness
Price: 38.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for ..... Brilliant Kit., 12 May 2014
Bought these pads for training with my son who’s doing a lot of boxing and MMA work at the moment. Apart from the warning you may have seen several times in the reviews here about the fact you are ONLY ordering ONE of these pads … (My thanks to the other reviewers who point this out) these pads are outstanding. Really high quality thick leather, lots of gel cushion, double and triple stitching, Firm grips and supports for the arms. They took a really good beating the other day during a training session and they looked good as new. Absolutely no give in the stitching or anywhere else and the cushion versus compression is excellent. Not often I give 5 starts but these deserve it. Highly recommended.

Philips Lumea Essential SC1991/00 IPL Hair Removal System
Philips Lumea Essential SC1991/00 IPL Hair Removal System
Price: 299.99

3.0 out of 5 stars For Light brown/blonde/red hair this is a bust, 7 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I’ve held back from writing this review until I had something to report and the product literature does say it will take some weeks before you notice the difference.
So lets start with the basics. The product booklet and instructions are well laid out and easy to follow. The product itself feels like it’s well made.
When following the instruction it advises you to reduce the intensity to what is tolerable. At level 5 your under arms feel a bit of a nip which is not much fun (I’m reliably informed by my other half).
So she went down to a medium setting.
For legs she was nearly at max power. I’m not sure how or why IPL works but it is supposed to work better the darker the hair follicle. Well my other half is light brown/reddish/blondie coloured hair. Which means in fairness to the gadget that this is not the ideal hair colour. Apparently black or dark brown is best. Anyway after carrying out all the preparations and following the guidelines she found that the IPL was not very effective. Unfortunately not only does it mean it doesn’t really zap the hairs very well but there’s also the fact that the hair re-growth is also supposed to be effectively reduce. Well it doesn’t. She saw no reduction in the need to shave and do all her other lady chores. In actual fact by continuing with this she suspects that it will actually take her longer.
One last thing to maintain a balance …. She has been to a Top end derma clinic to look at their hair removal system and they charge almost the same cost as this for just 2 sessions. Their super duper system made no difference then either. So to be fair we weren’t really expecting this to work. So for Light brown/blonde/red hair this is a bust.

Mary Berry's Baking Bible
Mary Berry's Baking Bible
by Mary Berry
Price: 17.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of pictures and recipes but ...., 7 May 2014
Seemed like a good book but I worried a little when I went to what I would have thought would be the most popular and basic of cakes to make. A Victoria Sponge. I looked and looked again at the picture and then the recipe. Where was the white cream that sits alongside the Jam. Her Victoria sponge looks like it just has Jam in it. Maybe that's what a Victoria Sponge should be but I was kind of disappointed. Anyway she does do all the good stuff like provide a list of equipment's you should have to hand etc. Various types of Cake Tins and implements. So all in all I am hoping her reputation and her recipes are as good as they sound. I will try that Victoria Sponge and if you don't see an update then assume it was very good. Otherwise .... as Arnie would say ... "I'll be back!"
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2014 9:51 AM BST