Profile for Mike J. > Reviews

Content by Mike J.

Mike J. "mdjones2118" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
SupFire M6 Cree 2000 Lumens Waterproof & Anti-riot LED Light Made From Aircraft Aluminum Alloy-super Bright Over 100,000 Hours-5 Models Dimming up to 200m Shots Super Durable Outdoor&indoor Bicycle Rechargable Flashlight Torch3-5 days Arrived
Offered by Green shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 22 Dec. 2014
Awesome. Very pleased with this torch. The box it arrived in looked like Royal Mail had used it for target practice - but the contents were all still intact. It takes 4x18650 batteries (included in the price with a charger). I wanted a compact floodlight torch and this fits the bill perfectly. I don't know whether it matches up to the manufacturers lumens claim - all I can say is that it is very, very bright ! I got to trial it overnight on a search. It drew a certain amount of torch envy from my colleagues. There is a good bright beam in the centre with a good flood. I can safely say that this is the most effective torch i have ever used. It blew the dragon lamp out of the water. The build feels good and substantial and it fits neatly in a side pocket on my kitbag.
There is one on/off switch - first presss is bright/medium/low/strobe/SOS/off - or press and hold for off from anywhere in the cycle.
Having only had it for 2 days (or more importantly nights) I can't comment on its longterm reliability - but right now, so far so good. In comparison to some of the other torches I looked at , I feel this offers good value for money in terms of the solid build quality and wow factor output.

EasyAcc 12000mAh Power Bank 4 USB 3.5A Output Portable Charger High Capacity External Battery Pack for iPhone iPad Samsung Galaxy Android Phone Smartphone Tablets Pc GoPro - Output: 0.5A ~ 2.1A, Black
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 12 May 2014
Great piece of kit. I've got a Samsung S3 with a ridiculously short battery life. I keep the easyacc at work to keep it topped up. There are 4 USB outputs of varying power - I haven't a clue what they mean - but I have charged my smartphone, blackberry and tablet simultaneously. The charger comes with a micro USB lead with a variety of connectors and a USB lead for iPhone. There are 4 blue led lights that indicate the battery life. It's plug in a go - couldn't be easier - and switches off automatically when the item is charged. I also subsequently bought the case on Amazon for about 6.99 which I can recommend also. It's with it to keep the charger protected and give you somewhere to keep the spare leads. This is an essential piece of kit for travel and days away.

IVSO® Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case For Google Nexus 7 Tablet (BLACK Keys)
IVSO® Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case For Google Nexus 7 Tablet (BLACK Keys)
Offered by Gambolex

5.0 out of 5 stars Turns Nexus into a mini laptop, 16 Jun. 2013
This keyboard has greatly enhanced the already excellent Nexus 7. The keyboard has excellent functionality. I now use the nexus more often for writing and replying to emails. Its small, of course, but speed comes with practice. The added bonus is that I now have a stand for the nexus, useful for watching movies, and the keyboard becomes a hardcase for the nexus matching it very well in design.
Basically it turns the nexus into a mini laptop for when you cant be bothered to fire up the laptop.

Koss Sporta Pro On-Ear Portable Headphones - Black
Koss Sporta Pro On-Ear Portable Headphones - Black
Offered by British_Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bass, 27 Nov. 2011
I wanted a cheap pair of headphones with great bass for running. This is exactly what I got with these Koss headphones. Not "boomy" bass, but a quality, deep sound.
They're ugly as sin - but fit well and adjust so the strap can be worn over or behind the head. So far, I've found them very comfortable worn either way. They stay in position when running and do not block ambient sound, so low-risk for road-running. For the price, they offer excellent value - so not only easy on the pocket - they fold up to easily fit in it too.

The Hanging Shed (Douglas Brodie series Book 1)
The Hanging Shed (Douglas Brodie series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 9 Jan. 2011
Thanks to a 4 hour train journey, I was able to finish this superb book in two goes. I found the story totally compelling and entirely believable. The hero, Douglas Brodie, has had a successful career as a pre-war detective sergeant and as a decorated war hero. Back in peace-time he is a London based journalist who gets a call from his childhood friend, Hugh Donovan, who is awaiting execution for a murder he says he did not commit. Brodie agrees to go to Glasgow to meet with him in prison. From this point onwards the book moves at one hell of a pace. The descriptions of domestic life in post-war Glasgow are fascinating. The tales of the Glasgow gangs are enthralling. Add to this the story of Brodie's war-time exploits, his teenage romantic heartbreak and the will-he-won't-he working partnership with Samantha the lawyer and this becomes a multi-layered tale with a breath-taking conclusion.
This is the first book I have read on my new Kindle It confirms, that as far as I am concerned, this is the way forward in terms of reading. It also confirms Gordon Ferris as my new favourite author. This is a fantastic book, I am almost embarrassed to say that I only paid £1 to download it. I cannot wait for the next instalment to find out if Brodie did in fact "get the girl". In the meantime, I shall be downloading everything else that Gordon Ferris has to offer.

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Re-kindling my love of reading, 25 Dec. 2010
I have been talking about buying a Kindle for the last three months - and trying to convince myself I needed one. My wife, tired of hearing me going on about it, bought me one for Christmas. It is everything I had hoped for and more. To hold it is to love it. It fits in my hand, and feels so right ! it feels warm, textured and easy to hold and read. Even getting it out of the box is a pleasurable experience. It is so easy to register and connect to the wifi. The books I had already downloaded onto my laptop just appeared on the home page of the kindle, ready to start reading.
It is easy and intuitive to navigate. It is an absolute joy to read. The screen is incredible - it is nothing like a computer screen, and more like reading from the printed page. Page turning is quick and easy. I am learning the added features, like being able to bookmark a page and highlight and share sections. The dictionary function is brilliant. You just align the cursor by a word and an instant definition appears from one of the two pre-loaded dictionaries. To get a more detailed definition you hit the shift key - and there it is !
I could go on - but I'd only sound like a lovesick teenager - which I kind of am. I have only had my kindle for less than a day, but this is the start of a very long love affair, which I know is going to re-kindle my love of reading.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 25, 2010 10:20 PM GMT

Roadcraft - The Police Driver's Course on Advanced Driving [DVD]
Roadcraft - The Police Driver's Course on Advanced Driving [DVD]
Dvd ~ Police Federation

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 22 Oct. 2010
I bought this DVD and watched it several times before going on my police standard response course. I found that it gave me a good head start on the course. Although the footage is about 10 years old, it is still uptodate on the police system of driving. It concentrates on systematic, controlled and safe driving and follows a group of Metropolitan police students as they start their response course and follows them through to the final drive. There are also some demo drives by Class 1 Instructors. Don't expect any chases or J-turns, this is about staying safe, while making progress, and not taking chances. I would highly recommend this DVD to drivers of any standard who genuinely want to improve the quality of their driving and make it safer.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Canon scanner, 22 May 2009
I have just received my scanner - straight out of the box, install the drivers, plug it in - and we're off !! Didn't even bother with the instructions - it is very easy and intuitive to use. I am very pleased with the quality of the scans. I bought it to scan in years of family slides - this can scan 4 at a time - so will make the whole process of scanning and filing very easy. Scanning photos and documents is really simple too.

Ukko
Ukko
by Siān Rowland

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read for children and adults, 22 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Ukko (Paperback)
I bought 'Ukko' to read to my children, but enjoyed reading it to them as much as they enjoyed listening to it. Like any great Disney film or panto, the book works on many levels, giving children plenty of laughs and things to think about, as well as amusing any adults lucky enough to get to read it.
I am certainly looking forward to the second instalment to hear how the wizard is getting on, and would certainly recommend the book to anyone who has children who love reading or who love reading to their children.

Stealing Beauty
Stealing Beauty
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have soundtrack, 4 Jan. 2001
This review is from: Stealing Beauty (Audio CD)
This album encapsulates the mood of the movie, and brings memories of the beauty of Bertolucci's brilliant film.
If nothing else moves you, the Cocteau Twins 'Alice' will stay with you for days

Page: 1 | 2