Profile for J > Reviews

Content by J

J "amazon fan" (Maidenhead)

Page: 1 | 2
The Quiet Room: A Journey Out of the Torment of Madness
The Quiet Room: A Journey Out of the Torment of Madness

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope for a future, 19 Dec. 2014
My son has recently been diagnosed with schizophrenia and this brave book has given me hope for his future and understanding that it might take some time for him to recover.

Still Alice
Still Alice

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Still Alice (Kindle Edition)
An amazing insight into the devastating effects of Alzheimer's.

Shoot the Damn Dog: A Memoir of Depression
Shoot the Damn Dog: A Memoir of Depression
by Sally Brampton

5.0 out of 5 stars I counsel many clients with depression and also have family members who have suffered - Sally 's memoir gave me a much better id, 29 Sept. 2014
This was an incredibly moving book with so much honesty and ultimate hope. I counsel many clients with depression and also have family members who have suffered - Sally 's memoir gave me a much better idea of what they are going through and what I might do to keep myself well. I cannot recommend highly enough - excellent!

The Shock of the Fall
The Shock of the Fall

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 28 Sept. 2014
Such a wonderful insight into how easy it is to lose contact with reality and how difficult that can be to accept.

An Unquiet Mind
An Unquiet Mind

5.0 out of 5 stars This book helped still my racing mind, 28 Sept. 2014
This review is from: An Unquiet Mind (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book and would like to recommend it to anyone who is feeling helpless and hopeless about the mental health of someone they love. My son is in the throes of a manic episode and has been in and out of hospital. Reading Kay's account gave me some idea of what he is going through, some hope that he might survive and some solace that I have and continue to do what I can. Read it to increase your compassion.

The Skeleton Cupboard: The making of a clinical psychologist
The Skeleton Cupboard: The making of a clinical psychologist

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest, humble and human, 9 Aug. 2014
I loved the frank and compassionate descriptions of client work and this book helped me to consider and consolidate my own beliefs and attitudes towards mental health. Thoroughly recommended - I couldn't put it down.

Memory Match
Memory Match
Offered by Parallel Worlds Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 6 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Memory Match (Toy)
I love this memory game - it is timeless, since it is not connected to any current children's characters. It has the extra twist of not just matching exact pairs but items that go together e.g. toothpaste and tooth brush, bucket and spade etc. Good value for money.

LG BP120 Blu-ray Player
LG BP120 Blu-ray Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 4 Dec. 2012
This player is compact and very quick. It is much less temperamental than my more expensive Pioneer player and I find that it reads discs that the Pioneer rejects. Very good value.

Mon Platin Jojoba Crystal Hair Styling Wax - 250ml / 8.5fl oz.
Mon Platin Jojoba Crystal Hair Styling Wax - 250ml / 8.5fl oz.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son says its the best, 18 Aug. 2012
My son has very short hair but likes to style it. He says this is the best hair product out there and I must agree that he looks good! A little goes a long way, so good value and it smells lovely.

Essential Satchmo
Essential Satchmo
Offered by adrians_records

4.0 out of 5 stars Feel good CD, 18 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Essential Satchmo (Audio CD)
This CD is full of great music by Louis Armstrong. Brilliant pick-me-up for rainy days in the UK. One of my all-time favourites.

Page: 1 | 2