Profile for Roger > Reviews

Content by Roger

Roger

Microsoft Visio 2013 Step By Step (Step by Step (Microsoft))
Microsoft Visio 2013 Step By Step (Step by Step (Microsoft))
by Scott A. Helmers

5.0 out of 5 stars Visio 2013, 15 Mar 2014
This is an excellent step by step guide to using Visio 2013. I have been a user since Visio was an independent company, but Microsoft have continually improved the software. It is still mostly intuitive but 2013 makes many improvements which would not be evident without this guide. A good buy.

Llyfr Berfau, Y: Check-list of Welsh Verbs: Welsh-English
Llyfr Berfau, Y: Check-list of Welsh Verbs: Welsh-English
by D. Geraint Lewis

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite comprehensive, 14 April 2013
I wanted a book that fully conjugated Welsh verbs. This did not quite do it for me. I wanted a book that gave a series of patterns that other verbs would adopt. This therefore failed in my needs. This does not make it a bad book, just that it did not address my personal needs.

Family Tree Maker 2012 Platinum Edition (PC)
Family Tree Maker 2012 Platinum Edition (PC)
Offered by hixxysoft

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Tree Maker 2012, 5 Jan 2012
This is an updated version of Family Tree Maker which allows synchronisation of previously saved on-line trees. This is useful as I maintain the database on my desktop PC and I sync with an I-Pad. The software enables the storage of vast amounts of data and there are many and varied outputs available. In my opinion the software is less than intuitive and I recommend the Tutorials to gain further understanding. The instruction manual which comes with the software is not geared to handhold the reader and in the style of most computer manuals presumes some previous understanding. Having said all of that I recommend the Software. This is the second copy I have bought.

5 Star Office Book Ends Metal Heavy-duty 229mm Black (Pack 2)
5 Star Office Book Ends Metal Heavy-duty 229mm Black (Pack 2)
Offered by 9to5 Supplies (VAT receipt supplied)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bookends, 25 Sep 2011
Strong and utilitarian bookends that were delivered on time and were a very cost effective purchase. Make a point of measuring the size beforehand as they are bigger than expected

Tracing Your Family History on the Internet
Tracing Your Family History on the Internet
by Chris Paton

5.0 out of 5 stars Genealogy book, 25 Sep 2011
This book does what it says on the can. It provides up to date guidance on using the internet to research family history
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2013 4:54 PM BST

D-Link Wireless N ADSL2+ 4-Port Modem Router -DSL 2740R
D-Link Wireless N ADSL2+ 4-Port Modem Router -DSL 2740R
Offered by NETWORK LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars D-Link 2740r, 21 April 2011
Having owned the earlier model 2740b I assumed that this would be an improvement. The reverse was the case. The software was flaky and seemed imponderably slow. I felt obliged to return the router and a refund was promptly made

Panasonic SD-257WXC Automatic Breadmaker with Gluten Free Program
Panasonic SD-257WXC Automatic Breadmaker with Gluten Free Program

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Bread Oven, 28 Sep 2010
I had mixed views about buying any bread oven as I have a neighbour who was not impressed with a previous purchase he made a couple of years ago. Decided to buy anyway on the basis of some internet reviews that I had read. I have not been disappointed. It is a simple process and this machine makes excellent bread. I have kept things simple by baking 2 kinds of loaves only at this stage, white and granary, and 2 different sizes, medium and large (not made an extra large yet. Every loaf has turned out perfectly and the bonus is that the bread stays fresher far longer than any shop bought bread with preservatives.The other good thing is that I know what goes into the bread - no E Numbers.
I am tempted to say, "Best thing since sliced bread"