Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Profile for Julia > Reviews

Content by Julia

Julia (Shrewsbury)

The True Confessions of a London Spank Daddy
The True Confessions of a London Spank Daddy
by Peter Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating account of a hidden world in our midst, 4 Aug. 2008
This is a really interesting book, which takes us inside the head of a man who likes to spank and cane women. All his "victims" are consenting and most of them have a taste for punishment. Sometimes it gets sexual, and he tells us about that (perhaps in a little too much detail for my taste). But often it doesn't, and that's where I found the story most interesting. "Spank Daddy" is the perfect complement, from the male side, to Niki Flynn's "Dances with Werewolves (Memoirs of a Spanking Model)". Peter Jones tells the story from the perspective of a dominant man, while Niki Flynn tells it from the perspective of a submissive woman - but both are intelligent and literate and both are very good storytellers. "Spank Daddy" is told in plain words and is perhaps more visual, with more sexual detail - more male-oriented, in fact - while "Dances with Werewolves" is written in a more literary style and goes further into psychology and the origins of kinky female sexuality. But they both have a fascinating story to tell about the desire to administer and receive punishment. They both describe a subculture that has recently hit the headlines (Max Mosley versus the News of the World) and seems to be much more prevalent than anyone outside it realised. Definitely a pair of books to be read one after the other!

Girl with a One-Track Mind: Confessions of the Seductress Next Door
Girl with a One-Track Mind: Confessions of the Seductress Next Door
by Abby Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 girls, 3 different sexualities: which to choose?, 12 Dec. 2007
I bought this book along with Belle de Jour's second call-girl memoir and Niki's Flynn's "Dances with Werewolves (Memoirs of a Spanking Model)". They're three very different outlooks on sex and sexuality by three very different women.

Belle de Jour is extremely well-written and sexy, loaded with lurid, sexy, intimate glimpses into a world most of us will never know. Is it true? Who knows? Who cares? There are rumours all over the Net about who the "real" Belle de Jour is, but the bottom line is that her story is a compelling one. And hot!

Girl with One-Track Mind is different. It's the blog of a very liberated, very experimental girl in search of an indefinable sexual something that she's always wanted. Upbeat and chick-litty, but with the thoughtful introspection needed to be interesting.

Dances with Werewolves is the dark horse. The one that surprised me. Niki Flynn is a cult figure in the BDSM world and I've seen her described as "an explorer in the further reaches of psychosexual experience." Wow. How could I NOT read her life story? Well, I knew pretty much what to expect from the other two memoirs, but Ms Flynn's world was a real eye-opener. I read a lot of sexy books, but I'd never read anything like this before. It redefines conventional concepts of what "erotic" means. It made me examine my own deepest, darkest fantasies, the things I'd never tell anyone. Ms Flynn has no such inhibitions: she tells EVERYONE. It's a grippingly interesting account of what makes a kinky girl tick. She makes me want to explore my dark side... almost. I doubt if I actually will, but this book certainly stirred my fantasies.

The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl
The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl
by Belle de Jour

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 girls, 3 sexualities; which to choose?, 12 Dec. 2007
I bought this book along with Abby Lee's "Girl with a One-Track Mind" and Niki Flynn's "Dances with Werewolves (Memoirs of a Spanking Model). They're three very different outlooks on sex and sexuality by three very different women.

Over The Knee (Nexus Enthusiast)
Over The Knee (Nexus Enthusiast)
by Fiona Locke
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars A new world for me, 2 Nov. 2007
I bought this book because Ramsey Campbell recommended it in his introduction to Niki Flynn's "Dances with Werewolves: Memoirs of a Spanking Model". I've never read top-shelf erotica before, let alone spanking erotica, but Dances with Werewolves intrigued me so much that I decided I'd give it a try. They make a really interesting pair of books: Niki Flynn's book (highly recommended!) is an erotic memoir that tells the real-life tale of a kinky girl who found out how to live her fantasies through fetish modelling and acting in films about spanking (must see some one day!). Fiona Locke's book is also semi-autobiographical, but her character (Angie) finds fulfillment in a relationship with Peter, a dominant man who watches over her, takes care of her and, yes, spanks her when she needs it. One's real, the other's fiction - I think. But both of them give a fascinating glimpse of a world I'd never imagined.