Profile for xpc1479 > Reviews

Wasting Police Time: The Crazy World of the War on Crime
Wasting Police Time: The Crazy World of the War on Crime
Price: 1.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but not gripping., 7 Sep 2014
Being an ex police officer myself, I found this quite enjoyable, & there were many instances throughout the book that I could identify with. However, it does not fall into the category of 'I couldn't put it down', & I read it mostly interspersed with another book I was reading.

The Scarlet And The Black [DVD]
The Scarlet And The Black [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gregory Peck
Price: 3.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 7 Sep 2014
Brilliant movie, I would have given it five stars were it not for the dreadful music during the opening titles & during the film. It didn't spoil my enjoyment though, & I suppose it was typical for the era in which it was made.

Paying For It (Gus Dury 1)
Paying For It (Gus Dury 1)
Price: 3.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter waste of money., 7 Sep 2014
I read some reviews of this book, & most people rated it fairly highly. For the life of me I cannot see why! I thought it was poorly written, particularly when investigating a sudden death, a coroner's verdict was suicide, when the deceased clearly showed signs of having been tortured. Perhaps that would have been explained further into the book, but I was so bored with it that I gave it up as a bad job, & have now deleted it from my Kindle.

Manchester City 2013/14 Season Review [DVD]
Manchester City 2013/14 Season Review [DVD]
Price: 11.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Content, 25 Jun 2014
This DVD was excellent, but I have to say that the quality of the imagery was less so. The distance shots in particular were of low quality, it seemed to me as if I was watching a DVD made about ten years ago. Certainly, it was not as good as the DVD of City's last title winning season. In this day & age, I would expect much higher resolution than I got.

HQ High Quality SCART Switch Box - Silver
HQ High Quality SCART Switch Box - Silver
Price: 13.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 9 Jun 2014
Having bought a new television, I found that, in common with most manufacturers these days, it only had one scart socket. I have two appliances that need scart connection, so I initially bought a cheaper scart splitter which proved to be a waste of money, as the picture on both appliances was then badly affected. I then purchased this item, & found it to be much better. In all honesty, picture quality is still affected, but not to any great degree.

Witness the Dead
Witness the Dead
Price: 3.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Witness the Dead (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved his book, I would give it ten stars if available. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who likes a gripping thriller.

2 WAY Switchable Scart Splitter Extension Box & Cable
2 WAY Switchable Scart Splitter Extension Box & Cable
Offered by Needspares
Price: 4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 23 April 2014
I connected the two devices to the splitter, all seemed well. However, I noticed that the picture was very dark. I viewed the TV via Freeview & Sky, the picture was fine. I disconnected the splitter & plugged the one device into the scart socket, & it was fine again. The splitter didn't seem to be man enough to handle to two devices. There seems little point in returning the splitter, as I would have to pay postage, so I've just put it down to experience. Rubbish.

Random
Random
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Random (Kindle Edition)
I found this book fascinating. Without giving too much away, it was one of those stories where you really wonder how it will end. When it does end, you come to realize that really it's the only way that it could. I thoroughly recommend this book, but not if you are squeamish.

This Is How It Felt To Be City: Manchester City 2011/12 Season Review
This Is How It Felt To Be City: Manchester City 2011/12 Season Review
Price: 1.53

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any City fan., 29 Dec 2013
I really enjoyed this, it makes you re-live the ups & downs of the whole season, but especially 'that day'. I would thoroughly recommend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2014 8:04 PM BST

Trautmann: The Biography
Trautmann: The Biography
Price: 4.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb., 10 Oct 2013
This book gives a very real insight into the life of Bert Trautmann, from his early life in post WW1 Germany, through until just before his sad passing earlier this year. I would thoroughly recommend it as a very interesting read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4