Profile for Frank > Reviews

Content by Frank

Frank

The Point of Katie Hopkins (EMPTY BOOKS)
The Point of Katie Hopkins (EMPTY BOOKS)
by M.T. Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 19 Nov. 2014
I heard about the book from a friend and was highly suspicious. I have to admit though from the moment I received the book I was hooked. I have actually read it twice now and the second read was even better than the first!

10 Days to a Less Defiant Child: The Breakthrough Program for Overcoming Your Child's Difficult Behavior

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 22 Feb. 2014
Struggled to find anyone that could help give us some techniques to deal with our son's behaviour - this book is stuffed full of them. Every description of defiant behaviour rang true for us. Felt like someone actually understood what was happening and had practical techniques to help us.

LIKE YOUR FRIENDS: The Facebook Personality Bible: 59 Different Ways To Behave On The World's Most Popular Social Network
by Will Moran

5.0 out of 5 stars WOOF!, 27 Nov. 2013
Great book. Bought it for me but been passed round the wife and kids and we all laughed. Must have 48 of the 59 types covered in this house. A++++

Why We Run
Why We Run
by Robin Harvie

4.0 out of 5 stars i liked it, 6 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Why We Run (Paperback)
It skips about a lot dipping into running history, literature, geography and memoir and in that sense unlike most books people probably expect when they pick up a book about running. The historical and literary threads are nicely woven, kind of like Robert Macfarlane's work, which is a really interesting and credible approach. The memoir sections can feel a little indulgent, but... it's a memoir and the ending is a bit loose, but overall an enjoyable read. Couple of things did spring to mind 1) the astonishing patience of the author's (grieving) wife having her husband banging out 100 mile weeks with double marathons at the weekend and an ultra every 3 weeks. She must *really* love that guy. and 2) Not getting injured with that volume of training.

The Last Exile (A Paul Tallis novel - Book 1)
The Last Exile (A Paul Tallis novel - Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Try before you buy..., 3 Jan. 2012
Like the reviewer above, I bought this based on its 5 star reviews and glowing praise. Strongly recommend anyone considering buying on kindle gets a sample first. I thought it was cliche ridden from the opening paragraph, full of clunky chunks of exposition, and the dialogue cringe-worthy, but at least with a kindle you can try before you buy.