Profile for N. Wood > Reviews

One Of The Boys
One Of The Boys
Offered by 247dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Poptastic!, 12 Sept. 2012
This review is from: One Of The Boys (Audio CD)
As a casual Katy fan, I bought this as a bargain for the singles, but loved it for the rest. I was enjoying it so much on the first listen I forgot it hadn't even reached Hot n Cold yet. Favourites include One of the Boys, about a teenage girl blossoming, and Ur so Gay (opening line - "I hope you hang yourself with your H & M scarf" ) and Mannequin. This is a great example of what a Pop album can and should be.

Tears Roll Down [Greatest Hits 82-92]
Tears Roll Down [Greatest Hits 82-92]

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh, it's THAT one....., 12 Sept. 2012
As a fan of the 80's and "best of" CDs, I bought this CD at a bargain price for the well-known "big" tracks. Having said that, on listening to the rest of the album I found myself recognising the choruses from all but one of the tracks. If you were brought up in the 80s and remember/liked even a couple of these, the chances are you'll know and enjoy the majority once you hear them.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant headphones!, 31 May 2010
I first got a pair of these with a sony CD discman some years back. I used them without so much as a second thought - until they finally gave up the ghost and I realised how difficult it was to find a suitable replacement. Earbud phones fall out, and over-ear ones make the inside of my ears ache and aren't easy to get on/off, and I didn't want a pair of massive professional-style headphones. After searching around the high street for anything vaguely similar to no avail, I was delighted to find these still available via Amazon's suppliers. It does sound as though they are end of life now, so I've just bought 2 pairs to keep me going for some years. Considering how well-priced they are, I'm almost tempted to buy a 3rd pair now to be on the safe side. If you don't get on with earbud phones and over-ear clips, these could well be the ones for you. Catch 'em while you can!