Profile for LDRC > Reviews

Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB 6GB/S Internal SATA Drive
Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB 6GB/S Internal SATA Drive
Offered by Inkubus Bargains

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast, nice and cheap, 24 May 2013
Very good price considering its capacity which for me is more than I will ever need. It's very fast and has a good cache, and I haven't had any problems with it after a year of use. It works very well using the EXT4 file system on Linux, and I have formatted it several times while distro-hopping. Note that it does not come in retail packaging or with documetation, though for most people this is fine

Head Solid Splice 7 Mens Swim Briefs - Navy, Size 32
Head Solid Splice 7 Mens Swim Briefs - Navy, Size 32

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product reasonably priced, 24 May 2013
These trunks are really well made and they look good in the water. They were a bit tight when I put them on but when swimming they were very comfortable. They also sit quite low on the waist, though I like them that way.

Master Lock Street Fortum Gold Reflective D Lock- 210x110mm  - Security Level 10
Master Lock Street Fortum Gold Reflective D Lock- 210x110mm - Security Level 10
Offered by hijsalesquality

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful and overpriced, 16 May 2013
I have no doubts that this lock is very secure, although now this looks more like a disadvantage, I guess mine is one of those "horror stories" I have heard mentioned on here. This lock is very expensive and looks solidly built, but the mechanism is actually cheaply made. The first thing I noticed is that the lock is VERY difficult to open - the key refuses to budge unless it is at precisely the right angle, and the bar frequently catches on the mechanism when removing it.

The clip to fasten the lock to a bike failed on my first day of use. I rode over a small stone in the road and the lock came flying out which would have been very dangerous if there had been people or cars around. Fortunately no damage was done to the lock itself although some of the plastic cladding came off.

On the third day, the lock was more difficult than usual to open. I put slightly more force in to turn it and the key broke off inside the lock. I will now have to resort to power tools to get the lock open (tricky when it is still attached to two bikes!)

Anyone who currently has this lock should be very careful when turning the key and should not use the clip. There are much better locks out there that are cheaper than this one.

Tenn 8 Panel Viper Professional Cycling Shorts with Superior Pad Waist 32-34" - Medium  Black/Blue
Tenn 8 Panel Viper Professional Cycling Shorts with Superior Pad Waist 32-34" - Medium Black/Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 12 May 2013
These shorts fit perfect in my normal size, I wouldn't reccommend going a size larger. These shorts are perfect for my rides, though I haven't done any long ones yet. They're well worth the money, and they look good too.

AS and A Level Physics Through Diagrams: Oxford Revision Guides
AS and A Level Physics Through Diagrams: Oxford Revision Guides
by Stephen Pople

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable, 12 May 2013
I like the book's concise, diagram-based approach and it has definitely been useful for my AS-level revision so far. However it doesn't cover all the points I need to know for the exam, and it includes lots of stuff I don't need - maybe one specifically to my exam board would be better. Overall a good purchase.

TP-Link TL-WN881ND 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter
TP-Link TL-WN881ND 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Good signal, works instantly, 9 Aug 2012
I bought this card for my new build because I didn't want to use a USB adaptor, and I wanted something to fill that PCI-Express x1 slot on my motherboard. It was recognised instantly by Ubuntu 10.10 - as soon as I installed the OS it was already trying to connect to the network! The signal strength is good, giving four bars even though my router is downstairs and my computer is upstairs. A great product.

Akasa AK-ICR-07 Internal Card Reader
Akasa AK-ICR-07 Internal Card Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, works straight away, 8 Aug 2012
The reader itself is solidly build and comes with a choice of two plates, for those with a white case. It also comes with all the screws you need to fit it (I didn't actually need them as my case is tool-free). Because I'm running Linux, I was dreading having to download all sorts of drivers and software to get it working. But not at all! When I turned on my machine, nothing happened, but when I plugged a card into one of the slots it all worked perfectly. I have used the MicroSDHC, SDHC, Memory Stick, and USB ports and have had no problems. The power LED on the front does seem unnecessary, but it doesn't detract in any way from this great product.

OCZ OCZ-CXS500W-UK CoreXStream Series 500W Power Supply (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good PSU at a decent price, 8 Aug 2012
Unless you're using it for the absolute top-of-the-range gaming rig or a server workstation this power supply comes with all the connectors you could ever need - 4xSATA, 2xMolex, 2xPCIE, 2xCPU, 1xATX 20+4, 1xFloppy. It easily delivers 500W, and it is cool and very quiet. What you get for the price is amazing - I'd definitely recommend this product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2013 4:13 PM BST