Profile for E. Smith > Reviews

Content by E. Smith
Top Reviewer Ranking: 870

E. Smith (Edinburgh, Scotland)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips Sonicare HX6511/43 EasyClean White Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX6511/43 EasyClean White Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Effective, 17 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the third generation one I've used, and I'd say it's the best so far. It's slimmer, lighter and only has one button to press, so no excuses for getting it wrong.

As I'm used to sonic brushes, I went straight into it, not using the gradual newcomer programme. There's no doubt you'll get a better clean using this, all for only two minutes a day, twice.

I have dodgy gums, and my dentist recommends the sonic brushes to give me the best clean.

I see they've stopped giving a spare brush head now, and these aren't the cheapest things to replace, but to be fair the price of the whole thing is cheaper than it was.

I wouldn't be without my sonic toothbrush now and would recommend it to anyone who wants to look after their teeth as best they can.

Finish Quantum Regular (Pack of 1, Total 60 Tablets )
Finish Quantum Regular (Pack of 1, Total 60 Tablets )
Offered by O.P Healthcare

5.0 out of 5 stars No Complaints, 17 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used these before, so knew it was a good quality product. The tablets are easy to use, not being wrapped, and the end result is always a clean, sparkly finish. If you can get these at a good price, I'd say they're a better deal than cheaper ones, as you know they're always going to work.

Red Wing Iron Ranger 8111 Mens Laced Leather Boots Amber - 10
Red Wing Iron Ranger 8111 Mens Laced Leather Boots Amber - 10
Offered by berks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Looking Boots, 1 Jun 2014
Iron Rangers have quite a cult following and look good, so I thought I'd give these a try, after having and liking the Hawthorns. If you read the many reviews on other sites, you'll find a constant theme is that these boots run large, definitely half a size, maybe even a full size. Despite that, but also having read that there's no cushioning whatsoever, I went for my normal size and also ordered cushioned insoles to make the boots more comfortable.

I bought these to wear in rain, as my Hawthorns are no use for that, being suede. I also bought the Red Wing oil, as this type of leather is what I'd call oil pull, which lightens as it stretches, then goes back to normal. They'll look even better after some wear.

Garmin Travel Accessory Pack for 5 inch Sat Navs with Carry Case, AC Charger, International Adapter Plugs and USB Cables

3.0 out of 5 stars OK If Free, 31 May 2014
I got this free when I bought my Garmin Nuvi 2598, or I certainly wouldn't have spent the money on it. Yes, the case is useful, and fits the 2598 no problem, but who nowadays doesn't already have spare chargers and cables lying around the house? I'm not really sure why they even think a charger is necessary, as you'd surely plug into into the car when using it.

It's OK if it's free, but you could spend the money more wisely on a much cheaper case and use old cables if you're desperate to charge it.

Garmin Universal Friction Mount for 700/600/300/200 series
Garmin Universal Friction Mount for 700/600/300/200 series
Offered by Electronics and Gadgets Direct Ltd (Xmas Delivery Guaranteed up to 22 Dec)

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works Well, 31 May 2014
I feel that the windscreen is a bit far away, so wanted to place the sat nav a bit closer if possible and this seemed to fit the bill. I initially thought of going with the new version, which uses sticky pads, but as these seem to mark some dashboards I decided to stay with the older version.

Anyway, it works surprisingly well. As my dashboard has a flip up console in the centre, that wasn't the place to put it, but it just fits on the far right side, beside the pillar, and is a bit more unobtrusive for that.

I'm happy with it and prefer it to the window mount.

Finish Power and Pure All-in-One (Pack of One, Total 50 Tablets)
Finish Power and Pure All-in-One (Pack of One, Total 50 Tablets)

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works Fine, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There's not much you can say about dishwasher tablets. Either they do a good job or they don't, and these seem to do a good job. I'm happy with them and would buy them again. No problem.

Omron HN289 Personal Scales - Midnight Black
Omron HN289 Personal Scales - Midnight Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've come to this after years of old fashioned mechanical scales. It's so much easier being able to simply read an exact weight rather than guess, so I'd never go back now.

These scales are very easy to use. Just set your stones, pounds or kilogrammes preferences and away you go.

I can't vouch for how accurate they are, but that doesn't worry me too much, as I just tend to compare readings, regardless of how accurate they are. I'm happy with these scales and have no reason to buy any others.

Red Wing Shoes 8113 6" Iron Ranger Boots, Hawthorne Suede Work Boot
Red Wing Shoes 8113 6" Iron Ranger Boots, Hawthorne Suede Work Boot
Offered by Silvermans Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Looking Boots, 20 April 2014
Iron Rangers have quite a cult following and look good, so I thought I'd give these a try. If you read the many reviews on other sites, you'll find a constant theme is that these boots run large, definitely half a size, maybe even a full size. Despite that, but also having read that there's no cushioning whatsoever, I went for my normal size and also ordered cushioned insoles to make the boots more comfortable.

Anyway, I like the boots a lot. They look great in a very casual way and also look like you've had them for years, even straight out of the box. I never wear them in rain though, because of the suede, and now make sure I have a small suede brush available to brush of the inevitable spots that appear from splashes of water.

I mark them down a star because of the large sizing and the lack of cushioning, but you can work around those and still have a great looking pair of boots. I'll be getting a smooth leather pair as well, so that I can wear something similar in the rain.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Looking Boots, 13 April 2014

Slim Fast Powder Summer Strawberry - 438 g
Slim Fast Powder Summer Strawberry - 438 g

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 30 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It tastes pleasant enough, certainly better than some, but not as good as others. As long as you have the willpower to stick to a calorie count per day, this is an easy enough way to follow your plan, as part of a more rounded intake. Equally, if you have that willpower it doesn't really matter what you buy and eat as long as you stick to the numbers. This drink is a nice change to maybe take once a day or every second day, but I wouldn't go overboard on it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20