Profile for parkylondon > Reviews

Content by parkylondon

parkylondon "parkylondon" (Kent, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Rexel A5 Mesh Bag with Blue Zip
Rexel A5 Mesh Bag with Blue Zip
Price: 2.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, lightweight., 28 April 2014
I've bought a few of these over the past few months to store things like small electrical devices and their associated power supplies. Keeping devices in a nice strong bag stops them from being split up over time from their power blocks. Better to use these mesh bags over the ZipLock bags.

Who Wants the World
Who Wants the World
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Completeness, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Who Wants the World (MP3 Download)
I didn't have a physical copy of this track and couldn't find on a CD or LP I could find and afford. Next best thing? MP3... Job done

BlackBerry Smartphone Leather Pouch Case for BlackBerry 8520/9300/9700/9780 - Black
Offered by MOBILEPARTZ
Price: 7.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case, tight fit for 8520, 28 April 2014
I bought this because my work BB didn't come with a case. It's a snug fit and isn't one of those auto-standby cases but it looks the part and does the job.

Crucial CT960M500SSD1 960GB M500 SATA 6Gb/s 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive
Crucial CT960M500SSD1 960GB M500 SATA 6Gb/s 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive
Price: 289.99

5.0 out of 5 stars As fast as lightening..., 17 April 2014
I read plenty of reviews about SSD's and have tracked their development for a year or two. I knew I would get one eventually. My Toshiba P750 started making weird noises and thought it was the HDD so I decided it was time to take the leap. I used EASE-US to clone my old drive onto this one. Took a while but it was straightforward. One "gotcha" was when I realised it had cloned my old drive exactly and left a lump of space unpartitioned. Stuff happens. I partitioned it as a separate drive D: and I use that as a Photoshop scratch drive. Works okay.

The biggest impact has been in boot times for me. My old drive took so long to start my PC that I could switch it on, go downstairs, make a mug of tea, toast two slices of bread (and eat them), come back upstairs and still have to wait a while.

Now?

90 seconds from power on to Chrome-ready... And that's loading Dropbox, Evernote, Screen Calibration tool, Adobe Creative Cloud monitor and Livedrive amongst other things. Fabulous... No hesitation in recommending SSD's and, specifically, the 960Gb version of this one.

Think Tank DSLR Battery Holder 4
Think Tank DSLR Battery Holder 4
Offered by HarrisonCameras
Price: 14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 1 April 2014
It's a battery holder.
It's for 4 DSLR batteries.
It's from Think Tank.

If you have more than three DSLR batteries then this is the product for you.

Bugatti Medium Size Slim Case for Mobile Phones - Black
Bugatti Medium Size Slim Case for Mobile Phones - Black
Offered by style for mobile GmbH
Price: 7.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 1 April 2014
I bought one of these from Carphone Warehouse a couple of years ago and it was exactly what I wanted. It finally reached the end of its time and I needed a replacement. Carphone Warehouse no longer stock them but I found them here. Excellent stuff.

Nice firm support for the phone, an element of screen cleaner about the insides and it looks good too. Lovely.

Just Stationery Assorted Size Original Elastic Band
Just Stationery Assorted Size Original Elastic Band
Price: 1.75

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmm..., 1 April 2014
For 1.75 I wasn't expecting Rolls-Royce standards but an opened-before-by-someone-else bag of elastic bands isn't really satisfactory. The bands themselves have a just on the edge of nasty feel about them which doesn't engender confidence.

When you combine that with "assorted sizes" actually meaning TWO sizes - "slightly bigger than medium" and "slightly smaller than medium" - then you have a Hmmmm..... moment.

I'm going to keep them because, quite frankly, it's not worth my while going through the rigmarole of returning them.

Cheap. Nasty. TWO sizes not "assorted". Waste of money.,

Victorinox Keychain Coupler.
Victorinox Keychain Coupler.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that robust., 30 Mar 2014
I owned one of these - bought from Amazon - to replace a freeby "give away from a trade show" version I had which lasted for about five years. This one lasted about six months. No heavy usage - it secured two zip locks on my work bag so when I was travelling I could put some kind of "lock" on my bag while I was out and about.

It looks the part, it has the benefit of the Victorinox brand on the item but it could just as easily be a chinese knock=off for the quality of the thing.

Best avoided.

[It's also quite revealing that Victorinox, unlike some brands, are making no attempt to listen to their customers on these pages. ]

Eisenhorn (Eisenhorn Omnibus)
Eisenhorn (Eisenhorn Omnibus)
by Dan Abnett

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant in every way, 3 Feb 2014
Love or loathe the idea of playing with plastic tanks the books behind the Games Workshop phenomenon are in the vast majority of cases excellent. The Eisenhorn Omnibus is, to this reader at least, the cream of the crop. I am on my second copy as the first disintegrated on repeated reading. As others have noted, this books has a sweep of plot lines, characters, moods and emotions and yes, you do stop liking Eisenhorn (at least for a while). Magnificent.

I just wish Games Workshop would release this for Kindle....
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2014 10:05 PM GMT

BRAND HIGH SPEED 10-PORT USB 2.0 HUB FOR LAPTOP DESKTOP PC DELL LENOVO APPLE SAMSUNG SONY ASUS ADVENT FUJITSU LG IBM TOSHIBA HP COMPAQ ACER

5.0 out of 5 stars Powered option?, 24 Feb 2013
I'm very happy with this as a USB powered hub - it works, end of.

However, there IS a mains port on the device and I would really like to use it as an externally powered device. If anyone can tell me what the Volts/Amps requirements are for this I would appreciate it. Cheers.

5* device.