Profile for 777Sue > Reviews

Content by 777Sue

777Sue "Bible Student" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
I'm a Parent Get Me Out of Here Before I Kill My Teenager
I'm a Parent Get Me Out of Here Before I Kill My Teenager
by Darren Curtis

4.0 out of 5 stars A must read for all of us no matter what age group, 14 Dec 2013
I laughed, I cried, I pondered and reflected, I was inspired but most of all I was motivated to share.
Not just to pass on to the caring teachers I know but also to friends and work colleagues. I shall also be keeping a copy to dip into often plus as a reminder to check on my promises and progress on the 2 pages of ideas the book produced for me as I read.
Along with some thought-provoking life stories there was the reminder of how great the gift of listening is. I showed just a short exert to a good friend and it had immediate positive results on the word 'don't' they used frequently.
This book was given to me so I thought the least I could do was read it and what a great decision that was. Talking of great decisions, my favourite quote in the book is, "Will it make the boat go faster" by Sir Matthew Pincent.
One of my all time favourite quotes I heard, circa 1986 was from Doris Stokes who said her mum used to say it a lot. "Cast your bread to the water and it will come back buttered". I am sure this book will be well buttered, toasted and with jam. Thank you Darren and I look forward to seeing the Kindle version and your next book

Who Moved My Cheese: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, even if you don't like cheese, 1 Feb 2013
We all hate change and this easy/quick to read is a great way of getting you and others to move in a new direction.
It's a must read for everyone in a job, out of a job, whatever. There is a light at the end of the tunnel

The Present: The Gift That Makes You Happy And Successful At Work And In Life
The Present: The Gift That Makes You Happy And Successful At Work And In Life

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Present, 1 Feb 2013
Keeps you guessing till the end.
An easy and enjoyable read plus ...
a great motivational book.
A must read to help yourself and others to be positive and keep motivated.

Fish! For Life: A Remarkable Way to Achieve Your Dreams
Fish! For Life: A Remarkable Way to Achieve Your Dreams
by Stephen C. Lundin

5.0 out of 5 stars Fish: A lovely motivational book, 1 Feb 2013
I do love a happy ending and people that are willing to help themselves rather than justifying and blaming others. It is a must read for anyone who is in a JOB

The One Minute Teacher: How to Teach Others to Teach Themselves
The One Minute Teacher: How to Teach Others to Teach Themselves

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, easy read, 1 Feb 2013
Some great tips and advice all bound up in simple, easy to read language.
Bought it because already read The One Minute Manager which is also a an excellent read & aide memoir

Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
by Mr Mike Gillingham

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Research Material, 1 Feb 2013
Well written with clarity and direction.
Recommend for CIPS student research and an aide memoir for the rest of us.
Easy to find what you are looking plus good referencing pages (all important for researchers)

The Performance Prism: The Scorecard for Measuring and Managing Business Success: The Scorecard for Measuring and Managing Stakeholder Relationships (Financial Times Series)
by Prof Andy Neely
Price: 42.39

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a hard read, 1 Feb 2013
Lots of corporate speak.
This is the recommended text book for CIPS students taking the Measuring Purchasing Performance model.
A tad expensive unless the company were paying and nowadays that is happening less and less.
Perhaps if they produce an e-reader version it would disclipline them to reduce the fat of verboseness to produce something more palatable for students who have neither the time nor inclination to wade through the hardback copy.

Dilbert;Don't Step in Leadership (A Dilbert Book)
Dilbert;Don't Step in Leadership (A Dilbert Book)
by Scott Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars Dilbert is so funny!, 1 Feb 2013
It is a great satire of the office working culture.

Cleverly scripted and cartooned.

The perfect present for the CEO

Michael McIntyre: Showtime [DVD]
Michael McIntyre: Showtime [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael McIntyre
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 5.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael McIntyre - Top of the Bill, 1 Feb 2013
This video went very fast so I must have enjoyed it.
MM is the great stand up and I like the way he models his wit around every day experiences.

A 15 rating was probably right for this DVD as there was some bad language. Generally very good though.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo [DVD] [2011]
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig
Offered by Helen's Goodies
Price: 6.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Daniel Craig, outshone by leading lady - excellent in the role, 1 Feb 2013
Well written story but overstepped the length of the violent scenes.
Sad ending but you can understand why, kind of.

The disc was in good condition and played well.
Bought this video version because Daniel Craig starred who was well cast in the leading male role

Definitely 18 rated because of graphic and violence. Probably not buy others in the series now.

Page: 1 | 2