Profile for James Macdonald > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Carnivale  - Season 1
Carnivale - Season 1
Price: 25.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Wyred and wonderful; just like the carnivals I remember from my ..., 13 July 2014
Wyred and wonderful; just like the carnivals I remember from my childhood. Well made and well acted; just like the programmes of my childhood: I had a wyred upbringing, that's why I joined the circus.

The Girl on the Boat
The Girl on the Boat
Price: 0.72

5.0 out of 5 stars It's P. G. Woodehouse; need I say ..., 5 July 2014
It's P.G. Woodehouse; need I say more!

The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sumptious cinematography and a witty script make this movie a joy towatch, 5 July 2014
A treat from start to finnish. Sumptious cinematography and a witty script make this movie a joy to watch. I loved it.

Bellafiora 01AMAZ055312 Artificial Flowers - Phalaenopsis Orchid - 62 cm - Pink
Bellafiora 01AMAZ055312 Artificial Flowers - Phalaenopsis Orchid - 62 cm - Pink

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad, bad, 3 Jun 2014
Bad,bad,bad. I never want to see this weed again, it is a low piont in my life. I feel mentally scared by the whole unsavory episode.

The Pickwick Papers: Premium Edition (Unabridged, Illustrated, Table of Contents)
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Reading the papers:, 3 Jun 2014
All you need to know about this excellent novel is that it was written by Charles Dickens! If you don't like Dickens, you are living in the past. His prose are a treat even illiterate people like me love Dickens.

Boardwalk Empire: Season 4
Boardwalk Empire: Season 4
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Family entertainment:, 26 May 2014
This tale of corruption and vice set in mid 30's America makes rivetting television. Well scripted, well acted; sprinckled liberally with sex and violence it is ideal viewing; I love it. It makes me want to grab a machine gun and join the fun.

Three Ghost Stories
Three Ghost Stories
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Ghost writing:, 16 May 2014
This is Charles Dickens; that's all one needs to know! Wether he is writing full legnth novels or short stories, he's marvelous. The characters jump out at you, these ghost will haunt you for a long time; but in a good way, so enjoy.

Apple iPad 4 with Retina Display - Black (16GB, WiFi)
Apple iPad 4 with Retina Display - Black (16GB, WiFi)

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye pad!, 3 May 2014
As you would expect from Apple, this product is first class. It is so quick and easy to set up, that, two minutes after taking it from the box I was surfing the interweb like a geek. I used to be a boring stay at home nerd; now I'm a stay at home nerd with an i-pad! This could be the start of a life for me, perhaps I'll even find a friend.

Three Men in a Boat
Three Men in a Boat
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Three men in a boat:, 29 April 2014
Three men in a boat is a little humourous gem of a book from the Victorian era. Concerning the epic journey, by boat on the Thames by three friends and their dog. From the start it is frought with trials and tribulations as the three intrepid travelers turn everyday mindacity into comic master pieces. To avoid drawing attention to yourself, avoid reading this classic on public transport; you'll look very silly as you try not to laugh out-loud; I found it impossible. I wholeheartedly recommend this gem to anyone who loves a good laugh.

True Detective: Season 1
True Detective: Season 1
Price: 18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars True Detective:, 21 April 2014
First class television; a great story well written and brilliantly told. The acting is super both Mathew McConaghey and Woody Harlesson are excellent together with a stellar supporting cast, TV dosen't get better than this hard hitting murder mystery.

Page: 1 | 2