Profile for Somersetgirl > Reviews

Truly Scrumptious Charming Chintz 4 M Bunting
Truly Scrumptious Charming Chintz 4 M Bunting
Price: 4.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty and would highly recommend, 14 Aug 2014
I purchased this for my cake stall at a recent village hall event and was delighted with it. I almost thought it was going to be in fabric as it's described as chintz, but should have known better as it is so reasonably priced. It didn't matter at all that it is cardboard because the designs are so pretty and 'vintage' and strung together with pink ribbon. Really enhanced my cake stall and we sold out!

Epson Ink Cartridge for C64 and C84 Inkjet Printers Yellow (Cyan)
Epson Ink Cartridge for C64 and C84 Inkjet Printers Yellow (Cyan)
Offered by UK_Trade_Surplus/UK VAT INcl
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value printer ink, 14 Aug 2014
Another good purchase for my Epson printer. Delivered on time and good value.

Washable Non Slip Entrance Door Mat - Brown (60 cm x 90 cm (2' x 3'))
Washable Non Slip Entrance Door Mat - Brown (60 cm x 90 cm (2' x 3'))
Offered by RSS Wholesale
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal non slip mat - very practical, 14 Aug 2014
I wanted this to replace a slippery rush mat in my mother's conservatory, which I was sure would lead to disaster. This non slip mat is absolutely perfect - just what I wanted and well priced. We are both very happy with it and would certainly recommend.

The Knot
The Knot
by Jane Borodale
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars The Knot, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Knot (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book and aside from one or two modern day idioms, felt totally steeped in the sixteenth century of Lytes Cary, which is fairly local to me. I just wanted to add my praise, but can't sum it up better than Redglass with their review, 'Immersive'. A wonderful book, which I will come back to.

Epson Stylus Photo  Pigment Black high capacity printer original ink inkjet print cartridge T0431 Black
Epson Stylus Photo Pigment Black high capacity printer original ink inkjet print cartridge T0431 Black
Offered by INKSBROKER
Price: 9.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 14 Jun 2014
This ink cartridge arrived very promptly. As I get through quite a lot of black ink it makes sense to buy a high capacity one. It didn't come up immediately on searching for it however, so I was rather worried these had been discontinued. Persevering paid off, and so I snapped it up quickly.

Breathless [DVD]
Breathless [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jack Davenport
Price: 11.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathless was excellent, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Breathless [DVD] (DVD)
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this atmospheric drama. We missed the first episode, didn't get on very well with the second, but a friend encouraged us to start again from the beginning on iPlayer and we were hooked. I bought the DVD for my sister-in-law who lives in South Africa and was a young nurse at Guys during the early 1960s. She loved it too and watched the whole series in one sitting. Brilliant.

The Love Of A Good Woman
The Love Of A Good Woman
by Alice Munro
Price: 7.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing read, 13 Dec 2013
I had to read this as it was a Book Club choice and perhaps was chosen because Alice Munro had recently been selected as a Nobel Prizewinner. As these are short stories and, as I understand it, most of her writing consists of short stories, some were a little worried as to how we would review it. I have to say that I didn't get time to finish the book within the month that we had. However, those that I read I found very interesting and intriguing. I didn't like the start of the first book but it all began to make sense once I got into it. I wasn't mad about the Canadian setting, unlike some of my friends, who loved it. (Yes, I know Alice Munro is Canadian!) There was quite a wide range of opinions from some who just didn't like it at all, to some who loved it. I will certainly come back to it at some time and finish it.

Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream
Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream
Offered by UniStore
Price: 12.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 5 Nov 2013
I am sorry to say that this didn't suit me. I was rather sorry as it was recommended to me. It went on very smoothly with a lovely texture, but left red marks on my skin. Foundation didn't apply very well on top of it either. After only 3 - 4 uses I threw it away as I realised there was no point in persisting with it.

Kitchen Sink Strainer
Kitchen Sink Strainer
Offered by The Plumbers Merchant
Price: 4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Strainer, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Kitchen Sink Strainer
Fitted my sink perfectly. My old one which came with the sink was plastic and had seen better days. Very pleased with this.

Gabor Womens Sound Black Boots 74.692.57 3 UK, 36 EU
Gabor Womens Sound Black Boots 74.692.57 3 UK, 36 EU
Offered by Schuhverkauf 24
Price: 99.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these - but not for me, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Gabor Womens Sound Boots (Shoes)
I've given these five stars as I really like them but unfortunately they just don't look good on me. I was hoping to wear them not only with trousers but with black tights and a skirt - I have seen this look worn successfully by other people - but couldn't pull it off myself. So I have reluctantly returned them.

Good quality and much nicer than others of the same type that I've seen, though.

Page: 1 | 2