Profile for A > Reviews

Geography for CCEA GCSE Revision Guide 2nd Edition
Geography for CCEA GCSE Revision Guide 2nd Edition
by Jennifer Proudfoot

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the other science ones!, 6 Jun. 2013
This revision book is really good for CCEA Geography. It is easy to read and understand, and it doesn't have any unnecessary information like the textbook.

Like my title says, I think it is a lot better than the science revision books. I would probably only give them 3 stars.

Three Plays: "Juno and the Paycock", "Shadow of a Gunman" and "Plough and the Stars"
by Sean O'Casey

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this version, 25 May 2013
In my copy at least the writing is very difficult to read as it is small and some words are even smudged. It is also set out very badly.

The Tower (Sancti Trilogy 3)
The Tower (Sancti Trilogy 3)
by Simon Toyne

4.0 out of 5 stars The End of Days, 15 April 2013
I loved Sanctus and couldn't put it down. I thought The Key was a little slow moving but enjoyed it nonetheless.

My opinion of this third book is similar to that of The Key. It was an enjoyable book, but things happened a little too slowly, then suddenly ended. It wasn't a stupid ending, in fact it made a lot of sense... it just ended without exciting me.

It was helped by the characters - I liked the conversations between Shepherd and Franklin, and thought Carrie and Eli to be good additions. And Hevva, of course, was a nice touch.

Don't get me wrong, I would still recommend this series - Sanctus is one of my favourite books. I think the Citadel and the sacrament are very interesting. I just think the next two weren't quite as good, and I'm being honest in the review.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2013 12:04 PM BST

Fashion Beautiful Long Hair Curly Wave Wig Full Wigs+Free Wig Cap (Model:JF010031 - Black)
Offered by Cool2day

3.0 out of 5 stars Not like the picture, 4 April 2013
Maybe it's just me but it doesn't look like in the picture and doesn't sit right. At least they included a free wig cap, which is helpful.

Light (Gone)
Light (Gone)
by Michael Grant

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect ending, 1 April 2013
This review is from: Light (Gone) (Hardcover)
This was a very good and enjoyable conclusion to the series. The ending was believable and thankfully there were no loose ends. I don't want to spoil anything, so there's not much else to say.

Code Geass: Lelouch Of The Rebellion - Complete Season 2 [DVD]
Code Geass: Lelouch Of The Rebellion - Complete Season 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jun Fukuyama

4.0 out of 5 stars The conclusion..., 27 Mar. 2013
I finished this show yesterday and the ending had me in tears. I don't want to spoil anything, of course, but I think it was a really good ending. I think the show is exciting and I would recommend it, but I don't think it's quite 5 stars.

Code Geass: Lelouch Of The Rebellion - Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Code Geass: Lelouch Of The Rebellion - Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jun Fukuyama
Offered by Xtra Group

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 2 Mar. 2013
I just watched this series for the first time. After the first few episodes I wasn't sure whether I would enjoy the whole fighting robot thing but I was pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately there isn't much of an ending to this series. I thought I'd made a mistake and there was an episode 26 I still had to watch. This is probably the main reason why I've given only four stars, and i'll be sure to buy season 2 when it comes out to see what happens next.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2013 10:08 PM BST

Skyfall (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Skyfall (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig

5.0 out of 5 stars the best one I've seen, 26 Dec. 2012
I've only watched three of the other bond films (Dr.No, From Russia With Love and Casino Royale), so I'm not able to say which is the best, but this is my favourite one so far. I think it has the perfect mix of action and emotion, and the acting is great. My only criticism is that the villain is too unbelievable.

Replay (FANTASY MASTERWORKS)
Replay (FANTASY MASTERWORKS)
by Ken Grimwood

5.0 out of 5 stars an idea I've always thought about....., 19 Dec. 2012
great book - it was one of those ones I couldn't stop reading! It had me in tears at the end!
My only complaint is the number of sex scenes in the first half, but it didn't annoy me enough to bring the rating down.
It certainly makes you think about things - for example how the prospect of living your life again mightn't be so great after all.
Recommnend!

Matilda - Special Edition [DVD] [2004]
Matilda - Special Edition [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Danny DeVito
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars love this film!, 26 Nov. 2012
I watched this film for the first time years ago, and have seen it many times since. I love it every time :)

Page: 1 | 2