Profile for John West Leics > Reviews

Replacement Remote Control for Sagem DTR 6400T
Offered by Remote Controls Shop
Price: 15.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than original, 20 Jan 2014
I was forewarned by reviews that its keypad was different to the original. Soon got used to it and as other reviewers said works better than original unit. Good value. Arrived within two days.

GP 23AE 12V Alkaline Battery
GP 23AE 12V Alkaline Battery
Offered by Premier Solutions
Price: 0.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Key Fob batteries, 20 Jan 2014
Whilst ordered 3, was told upgraded to 4. When arrived in packs of 2.
Arrived in 2 days. Excellent service. Will use GP Batteries again for further needs

Das Reich: 2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich - Drive to Normandy, June 1944 (Battleground)
Price: 0.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Too easily forgiven !, 7 Nov 2013
This book confirmed in detail many of the facts that I was only generally aware of during the German Occupation of France and Occupied Europe. Having now read in detail from some of the survivor's experiences of the horrors involved, including the murder of British soldiers captured by the SS aided by some of the French, I was surprised how easily many of them were so quickly forgiven by the French Government, although I am sure those who experienced these horrors to their families and friends will never forget to their dying days. When driving across France, over the past 40 odd years and having stopped to look at Memorials to those murdered by the Germans, here and there, in a corner of a field, edge of a wood or village centre, I will certainly reflect and thinks for a few minutes longer of their sufferings, the next time I am over there and stop.

The Indian Mutiny
The Indian Mutiny
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Indian Mutiny-A close run thing!, 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Indian Mutiny (Kindle Edition)
Did not realise, how big this conflict was or how organised those Indian regiments were.
A very interesting and historical account.

Lamp Socket Converter B22 To E27
Lamp Socket Converter B22 To E27
Offered by Liroyal
Price: 0.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value.Quick service, 3 Aug 2013
As I still have some screw fitting bulbs in stock. This socket converter will enable me to use them up,without having to get a ladder, turn off current and change the fitting. Which I do not have and would have to purchase.

Rechargeable Battery for Canon PowerShot SX220 HS digital camera/camcorder
Rechargeable Battery for Canon PowerShot SX220 HS digital camera/camcorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value back battery for a Canon Power ShotSX220 HS, 9 April 2012
Previous experience with difficulties in recharging a flat pack battery 10 years ago in my first digital compact camera which itself required expensive repairs when it was just out of warranty has made me cautious of buying more updated cameras unless they could take like my Canon A640 Power Shot (purchased 2006) rechargeable AA (2500 MAH)batteries easily recharged either by 12v socket in car or caravan or mains 250 v plug.
A recent purchase of a Canon SX 220 with Canon NB-5L battery pack was only made on basis of having a back up battery. Put off by the price of a Canon spare battery, Amazon lead me to a number of choices on their website for suitable batteries at a variety of prices from a fiver to twenty five pounds. The clear description and prices for a MaxRam fits Can.NB-5L 1120mAh Li-on battery at less than 7 looked incredible value and I purchased. Whilst initialy disappointed to be told by Amazon that my purchase had been accepted and money taken, that it was not in stock, contact was made with MaxRam who promised delivery within 5 or 6 days and as I was going away the following week end, I took a chance to wait and pleased to say it arrived on time. The Battery was easily charged within 2 hours in the Canon charger and was soon needed in the recent brilliant weather in the Lake District. It also easily fitted into the camera and expecting only to get 150 shots or so, it is still there having taken well over 25 photographs at a fairly high resolution. Well Done MaxRam and Amazon, who also supplied a Lowepro camera bag for 8.49 and 8GB SD card for 4.70. All within 5-7 days.

Lowepro Rezo 30 Digital Camera Pouch - Burnt Orange
Lowepro Rezo 30 Digital Camera Pouch - Burnt Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value camera pouch, 10 Mar 2012
My initial disappointment that my recent purchase of a Cannon Power Shot SX 220HS Camera did not come with a pouch was soon set aside when the orange Lowepro Rezo 30 Digital Camera Pouch arrived within 36 hours of ordering from Amazon. Although I would not have chosen orange as a colour out of choice, it blends in well and the pouch fits the camera well with good protecetion by this stout well made product,the double zip opening is easy to use and if not using the neck strap provided,the wrist loop to the camera is easy to use through the zips opening.The front velcro pouch is ideal for spare battery and card, also holds the strap when not attached to the bag. I missed when reading the reviews that the belt velcro strap has a safety clip fastener. What a brilliant idea.
My previous Cannon A640 came with a Cannon branded bag and although still looks new after 4 years,the Rezo 30 however appears far superior and more fit for purpose.
I shall certainly look at replacing the other camera and gadget bags that I have with Lowepro products.
So pleased I took time to read the reviews and purchased this one and avoided some others that appeared cheaper and if price is a consideration you cannot beat this one for less than 11.25,including the postage. Also what service from Amazon,who informed me it was on its way.It arrived in a well secured and padded cardboard box,quicker than a First Class Stamp.