Profile for ChisChas > Reviews

The Guvnors [DVD]
The Guvnors [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gabe Turner

3.0 out of 5 stars An Artificial Set Of Circumstances?, 16 Dec. 2015
This review is from: The Guvnors [DVD] (DVD)
Perhaps there have been instances of conflict between football hooligans & estate drug gangs? But nevertheless it felt a bit like Aliens v Predator but not to say there weren't enjoyable bits.
I was left convinced of the violence that an estate gang of youths could inflict upon individuals who are faced with a virtually invisible police force who have to act within the law. I wasn't convinced that the two policemen would have treated the suspects as they did at the police station and that the suspects wouldn't have complained.
I think at the end when the two groups are fighting and they hear the police sirens, I was unable to see a single unconscious person lying on the ground? After bricks being thrown from a walkway above, after batons & clubs have been freely employed?
The film did reinforce how many city young people end up trapped in gangs and suffer from poor or non-existent parenting. This is a huge tragedy that really does need to be tackled if we wish them to have a better life without the stabbings, drugs and are much happier and more contributing adults who don't become poor or non-existent parents themselves.

Slither [DVD]
Slither [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nathan Fillion
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost So Bad it's Worth Buying!, 8 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Slither [DVD] (DVD)
This is the worst film I've seen in a long time. Might suit a bunch of getting drunk at home teenage boys but otherwise avoid! No redeeming features. Poor story, poor special effects, poor everything.

Ben Sherman Men's Andrew Boxer Shorts, Multicoloured, X-Large
Ben Sherman Men's Andrew Boxer Shorts, Multicoloured, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Boxer Shorts, 8 Dec. 2015
Best to buy these Ben Shermans in XL rather than L as having bought both sizes in the 2015 Amazon Black Friday sale, I found the XL's fitted better. I think the L's are sized a bit small or perhaps I need to eat fewer doughnuts?

The Dyatlov Pass Incident [DVD]
The Dyatlov Pass Incident [DVD]
Dvd ~ Renny Harlin
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars The Mountains Were Beautiful, the Rest was Very Third Rate, 8 Dec. 2015
The Mountains & snow were beautiful, the young Americans were the usual victims waiting to be done in. Nothing new then. In this film, the 3rd string actors & actresses get to appear lots, in bigger budget films they would make brief appearances before meeting a grisly end.
I know that we wouldn't have any films hardly if the characters demonstrated an ounce of common sense, there wouldn't be any implausible story lines to be acted out so they plod their way to their deaths. I think my season of terrible sci fi/horror/D films has now come to an end!

Gigandet EFFICIENCY Men's Analogue Chronograph Quartz Watch Black G50-004
Gigandet EFFICIENCY Men's Analogue Chronograph Quartz Watch Black G50-004
Offered by MTRSHOP24

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Very Smart & Stylish Watch for Not Much Money, 5 Dec. 2015
I own a 'number' of watches including a Breitling and this smart & stylish Gigandet is the latest. The nearest to it in comparison is my Christopher Ward C7 which now costs £290 and yes it's thinner, no doubt got a better movement inside, has a clasp style strap but this Gigandet cost me £69! Very good value indeed.
Black face, white numbers, date function & three mini chronograph dials which are quite low key in appearance (I like this). The black leather strap with white stitching is good quality and I like the G logo on the buckle which also appears on the crown, nice design/branding touches. Very pleased to have purchased this watch.

Timberland Men's Black Silicon Strap Watch
Timberland Men's Black Silicon Strap Watch

2.0 out of 5 stars Any Other Votes for the Most Hideous Watch?, 5 Dec. 2015
This is the most hideous watch I have ever seen EVER, who would want this chunk of ugliness on their wrist? Is it a specialist watch with lots of unique functions no other watch provides?

Mea Culpa [DVD]
Mea Culpa [DVD]
Dvd ~ Vincent Lindon

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Ordinary?, 5 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Mea Culpa [DVD] (DVD)
It was OK but I just felt it lacked authenticity compared to say, Spiral and a number of other French cop films I've watched. But it was a good action film and I'm a sucker for all things French especially the sultry female stars that always seem to appear. That Capitaine Berthaud.........
Shame it remains uncompetitively priced at £9.99 when it should cost no more than £7 imho. Worth seeing if you're a fan of French cop films but a little ordinary.

Pure Copper Magnetic Bracelet For Arthritis Men Women
Pure Copper Magnetic Bracelet For Arthritis Men Women
Offered by EARTH THERAPY®

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective & Attractive, 3 Dec. 2015
Effective, attractive & comfortable to wear. I also liked the packaging & the pouch provided. I made it slightly smaller & wear it all the time.
I have been suffering from a really achy shoulder which has been waking me up several times every night and I was about to make an appointment to see my doctor. This bracelet has gotten rid of the pain and I'm now sleeping much better. I don't care how it works or why, it only matters that it has worked for me.
Fantastic result and very good value as I bought it in the 2015 Amazon Black Friday sale week.

Ben Sherman Men's Ivor Boxer Shorts, Multicoloured, Large
Ben Sherman Men's Ivor Boxer Shorts, Multicoloured, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable & Good Value in the Black Friday Sale, 3 Dec. 2015
Comfortable & good value in the 2015 Black Friday sale week. Large fitted as expected.

Dragon Wasps [DVD]
Dragon Wasps [DVD]
Dvd ~ Corin Nemec
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Some Other Silly Monster/Horror Films I've Seen Recently, 3 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Dragon Wasps [DVD] (DVD)
I quite enjoyed this one, I've recently bought a series of cheap silly monster/horror films, note the word 'cheap' and don't ask more. The winter and its short days is one excuse, a penchant for such films is another!
I thought it was silly good fun with a basic story, the normal number of victims who fall foul of one misfortune or another. The giant fire breathing wasps were not bad considering the small budget, we got a hero & a heroine, the Belize scenery was pleasing to the eye. We also got some suitably crazy Voodoo locals who added some colour to the scene and enough straight forward action.
Certainly imho much better than the giant shark film (The Bait), the giant spider film (Arachnoquake, the let's get lost and killed in a pyramid film (The Pyramid) & the poor rip off copy of The Thing film (Inanimate).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17