Profile for ChisChas > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Camel Active Men's Belt -  Brown - X-Large
Camel Active Men's Belt - Brown - X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Handsome Brown Camel Active Leather Belt, 8 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Camel Active Men's Belt (Apparel)
Handsome belt in dark brown leather with an attractive but simple buckle. Very good value at £21 as well.

Camel Active Men's TED COV. B.D. 1/1 Regular Fit Long Sleeve Dungarees, Blue (indigo Los 15), X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this Camel Active Shirt So I bought a 2nd One Immediately, 8 Jan. 2016
Loved the colours of this Camel Active shirt so much that I immediately bought a 2nd one! Again at £19.16 which is fantastic value as some of the shirts in the Camel Active range on Amazon are £40. This shirt is a Regular fit so I bought it one size larger, fits perfectly.

Camel Active Men's JACK B.D. 1/1 Regular Fit Dungarees, Red (dark Red Hp 47), X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Camel Active Shirt at Sensible Price, 8 Jan. 2016
I was delighted to buy this Camel Active shirt at £24, it looks great, fits well, quality garment.

Alien: Isolation - Nostromo Edition (PC DVD)
Alien: Isolation - Nostromo Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by PNA247

2.0 out of 5 stars Was Really Enjoying This Game but Now Totally Defeated by 'Upgraded' Door Access Tuner, 6 Jan. 2016
I was really enjoying Alien Isolation, even as a 50+ FPS gamer. I'd adapted my gaming methods and had succeeded in getting to Mission 15 when you have to get on a space ambulance. I'd enjoyed playing hide & seek with Mr Stompy, got to grips with killing the heavier duty Androids etc etc.
But I struggled earlier in the game when the door access tuner was 'upgraded' from 3 to 4 shapes but I'm totally defeated by the 5 shapes. I've tried & tried but I just run out of time and eventually along comes Mr Stompy and I'm looking at his tail poking through my guts.
Being able to correctly select 5 shapes isn't a gaming skill, in real terms, it is a dexterity skill and of course as you get older these skills diminish. I'm really frustrated that this requirement means I'm blocked from progressing further.
Sega and other game designers: I appreciate that games usually include various puzzles & skills but why (in effect) exclude older gamers from new games when an older gamer is often still a highly enthusiastic gamer who usually also has the spare funds to spend on the best gaming rig which in turn puts money into companies like Scan who build great gaming systems.
Does anyone know if you get the same time for the Door Access Tuner regardless of what hardness level you are playing at? I'm playing on Easy, will starting the fracking game again on Novice give me some more time for the Door Access Tuner?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2016 2:27 PM GMT

Breeders [DVD]
Breeders [DVD]
Dvd ~ Theresa Farley

4.0 out of 5 stars A Terrible Sci-Fi Film Saved by the 'Babes', 4 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Breeders [DVD] (DVD)
This film is one of the worst quality sci-fi films I've ever watched and I defo paid too much for it! Why 4*? Well the willingness of the very attractive girls to take all their clothes off at any opportunity is the answer, otherwise it would be 1*. The story, acting and special effects are terrible. Was there a budget of any sort?

Battlefield of Lost Souls [DVD]
Battlefield of Lost Souls [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Isaacs

4.0 out of 5 stars An Interesting True Story of the American Civil War, 3 Jan. 2016
I love films about the American Civil War. A group of cadets, some very young, are unexpectedly put into combat and distinguish themselves in the process. Another admirable but sad instance of young men relishing the prospect of combat during which some will die, others will be wounded (to one extent or another) & all will be inevitably affected by the stress of combat.
Others, their parents, siblings, uncles & aunties get to pick up the pieces thereafter. War usually reflects the total failure of a handful of men to lead the dispute to a successful resolution and often fails to achieve anything like the results to justify the deaths, injuries, destruction & cost.
I think that any purchaser needs to understand that they will be buying a film basically about a boy's boarding school (for the most part), there is little combat but who needs to see much of boys, some as young as 10, being shot or blown up by cannon?

Farah 1920's Men's Rampton Long Sleeve Coat, Blue (Navy), X-Large
Farah 1920's Men's Rampton Long Sleeve Coat, Blue (Navy), X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Light Weight 100% Cotton Farah Jacket, 3 Jan. 2016
Ok, a bit of a rant first! Yes, I buy plenty of stuff from Amazon but I'd have preferred to have bought this jacket, the Gant heavier/warmer jacket, the £400 suede jacket (another online retailer) & the two cotton shirts I've just bought from the shops in my local High Street! Could I? No, so please don't whine about losing trade to online sales when you fail to stock what I'd like to purchase.
This Farah Rampton 1920's jacket is a very smart & stylish lightweight 100% cotton (inc interior) jacket with two large poppered & one smaller zipped external pockets, a hood incorporated within the collar (I'd have preferred to have done without the hood but hood's are apparently fashionable at the moment), you can tighten up the bottom of the jacket and the sleeves have two poppers so you can adjust the fit.
The silver zips down the front, on the upper pocket & around the collar are a 'feature' and provide some bling to the navy exterior. This is a lovely stylish cotton jacket, very pleased with my purchase. I have also bought a thicker 60% cotton/40% nylon Gant jacket which is heavier & warmer but a similar style & length for the 'cooler' six months of the year.

GANT Men's Jacket Blue Blau (NAVY 405) X-Large
GANT Men's Jacket Blue Blau (NAVY 405) X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart & Stylish Gant Jacket, 3 Jan. 2016
This review is from: GANT Men's Jacket (Apparel)
First, I would recommend that you buy this jacket one size larger than you might otherwise. I would describe myself as 'medium' build but I'm glad I ordered the jacket in XL, it fits perfectly across the shoulders & I could easily wear a thin jumper underneath. There was no info on this jacket on Amazon or the Gant website which wasn't exactly helpful! So here's the specs: the label says it's 60% cotton/40% nylon with a coating on the exterior that makes the jacket wind & shower proofed. It has a lining, two zipped interior pockets, two large exterior zipped pockets, a highish collar, elasticated cuffs & bottom of jacket so I expect it to be effective at keeping me warm. The finish is Gant excellent and the jacket looks very smart in navy.
This is not a 'fashion' jacket but a much better looking version of my similar length North Face Goretex jacket that lacks the Gant stylishness and is best suited to fairly extreme conditions whereas this Gant jacket is significantly more stylish than the very practical North Face one. The price on Amazon (as with many other items) seems to go up & down like an elevator so I bought at £116 in January 2016 but two days later the jacket was £151! The price is also size sensitive so I believe this means that XL is the size most in demand. My trick to avoid Amazon elevator prices is to be patient, stick the item in your Wish List and just wait until it comes down to a price you are happy with then pounce. Works for me!
This is a great jacket for six cooler months of the year, I've also bought a lighter Farah 100% cotton (inc interior lining) jacket which will do for the warmer six months, it seems inappropriate to describe the cooler six months as cold anymore.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2016 12:12 PM GMT

Lee Men's Western Regular Fit Long Sleeve Casual Shirt, Red (Primary Red), X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought it XL! Lovely Comfortable Shirt, 31 Dec. 2015
Glad I bought it XL as I noticed it was described as 'slim fit'. The XL fits perfectly for me but I'd certainly encourage others to buy this shirt one size larger than they might otherwise. Good quality shirt, love the poppers, the colour and general style.
If the blue version had also been available during the 2015 Amazon Black Friday sale, I'd have bought it as well but I buy too much blue so I'm glad of a red garment! It made a wonderful Christmas present from wifey who is very lucky to be married to someone who buys all their own Christmas presents...............

Arctic Blast [DVD]
Arctic Blast [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Shanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, Done Well on a Limited Budget, 31 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Arctic Blast [DVD] (DVD)
Entertaining but not original tale of artic weather suddenly arriving. I thought the special effects were good for a low budget film & I liked the know nonsense script (for this type of film). There were enough sacrifices along the way (who wants to watch a disaster movie where everyone survives!) but a few more would have been even better.
Our hero was surrounded by wall to wall blondes but somehow keeps his trousers on & his honour intact, a wonderfully unrealistic achievement!
At £3.90 delivered, wifey & I enjoyed this light hearted disaster movie that was done in a stylish manner. A million times more enjoyable than some of the other cheap disaster/horror films I have succumbed to buying recently.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17