Profile for M. Browning > Reviews

M. Browning (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
TeckNet Genuine Leather Pouch Case Cover for Apple iPhone 4G & 4GS - Black
TeckNet Genuine Leather Pouch Case Cover for Apple iPhone 4G & 4GS - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Not something that compliments such an expensive device., 18 Aug 2009
This product, although cheap, isn't a great piece of kit for the iPhone. It feels very tacky and cheaply built, not something that compliments such an expensive device.

The special withdrawal device inside the case is just a piece of fabric with a pull tab, which started to leave marks on the bottom of my device after a few times of trying it.

I ordered two cases for my iPhone 3GS, this one (because it was cheap) and a more expensive leather style pouch. I have to say that there is no contest in which is better. You've spent all this money on an iPod/iPhone, shell out a little more and get a decent case. I only paid £8 for the one I use and am extremely happy with it.

A sleek device like this needs something similar to keep it in. Unfortunately, this is not it.

Con Air [DVD] [1997]
Con Air [DVD] [1997]
Dvd ~ Nicolas Cage
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately one for the collection..., 29 Jan 2009
This review is from: Con Air [DVD] [1997] (DVD)
Con Air is a fantastic film with a great storyline and some really good actors. Nicholas Cage plays the lead with a very believable performance from John Malkovich and some other famous faces.

The story does well to keep you enticed the whole way through and you form some strong bonds with the characters. I first saw this film quite few years ago, and after watching it again recently, it doesn't seem as dated as some other films from the same era.

If your into fast paced action or just a good watch, then I'm sure you'll love this. One of my top 10 and deserves its place in on any movie-buff's shelf!

Buy it!

Samsung NC10 10.2-inch Netbook (Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD, Windows XP Home, Blue) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little machine!, 25 Jan 2009
After spending hours and hours looking through reviews of countless notebooks, I came up with a shortlist of 2 or 3 and the Samsung NC10 always came out on top.

It's a fantastic little product and after unpacking the gorgeous blue machine, I was instantly in love with the colour. The blue case by itself makes it better than any other netbook I've seen!

The capabilities of this machine are higher than I expected, as with 1GB of RAM and a fairly standard processor for netbooks I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but it manages to keep up with me!

As I am a student, I have found it invaluable and use it every day. It suits me much more than a standard laptop as in lectures, they can really get in the way and you want something that is going to be portable enough to open and close whenever you need.

I study Architecture so I use photoshop regularly - and I know a lot of people have been talking about putting it onto a netbook but beware - it requires a lot of memory... and although the NC10 is good... I think photoshop would be a stretch.

For me... photoshop stays on my desktop comuter and I have a very basic CAD program which runs effortlessly on the NC10.

I managed to get Office 2003 on it aswell which makes it even more versatile and is great just to open up a Word document on the bus and start of that assignment that you have to start when you get home - well now you can start early!

And may I add that the battery life is just incredible! Being one of the main reasons I bought the NC10, I wanted to test out how good the battery life is, so I test the battery on full brightness.. with a few Ineternt pages running, Windows Live Messenger running, an AutoCAD program and iTunes and the battery lasted 5 hours 56 Minutes until it came to the "10% warning" battery life notice. Then I ran a test with just one Word document runnning on the lowest bightness and the battery lasted an astonishing 10 hours 15 minutes until it had 10% remaining!

It is just an incredible machine, and for students I think it is exactly what you need. If you have a desktop of another laptop and want something ultra-portable then this is it!

And did I mention that the blue is just eye dazzling?!? I'm writing this review on the NC10 and have to stop just to admire it every once in a while! Haha.

Fantastic machine - 5 Star... 6 if I could.

Engineering Mathematics
Engineering Mathematics
by K.A. Stroud

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book... great explanations., 25 Jan 2009
I originally bought this book after my A-levels to try and keep my maths skills alive a I wasn't taking any sort of course in it... However now that I have started uni, my maths module recommends this book as its set text!

It is invaluable to the course and seems to have everything I need and answers any question for a huge variety of maths topics.

A great buy for students - as this would have been very useful during my A-levels. But also good for just working through and keeping your Maths skills alive if you don't want to forget how to do all those things you learnt!

Fantastic book. 5 Stars.

Sony MDR-ED21LP Groove Shaped Earpiece headphones
Sony MDR-ED21LP Groove Shaped Earpiece headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars The best fitting earphones I have tried., 25 Jan 2009
These earphones are just a fantastic fitting earphone and it makes the sound quality just that much better.

Unlike a lot of earphones... they hold alot of the sound in so people can't hear what you're hearing... which makes it pleasant for everyone around you.

The only downside to them is that after a year or two, the rubber casing of the earphone bud starts to wear thin and eventualy, small slits appear in the rubber. However, these earphones are such a good fit that I always rebuy and I am now on my third pair and I would buy them again without a doubt.

Like many people I find that standard earphones don't tend to 'stay in' too well, so if you are like me then I suspect that these will fit you very nicely.

I first bought them at £25 and they were amazing value then... now at half the price - I'm tempted to buy again just so I can have a spare!

Great product - 5 Star

Official Wii Wheel (Wii) - Wii Remote Not Included
Official Wii Wheel (Wii) - Wii Remote Not Included

5.0 out of 5 stars Maio Kart just isn't the same without it!, 25 Jan 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The Wii Wheel is a must have for any Mario Kart player, and when playing with friends it makes it just as enjoyable for them as it is for you.

The controls are very easy to use and its easy to switch between manual or auto drifting style.

I don't see some of the problems that people have had with the sensitivity of the wheel... this can be sorted just by moving slightly further or closer to the sensor bar.

A great little addition and essential for Mario Kart gameplay.

At less than £7 each it's a bargain!

Mario Kart with Wii Wheel (Wii)
Mario Kart with Wii Wheel (Wii)
Offered by DOOGLE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun single player of multiplayer, 25 Jan 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is a welcome alternative to the standard sports/fitness games that the Wii is so good for. The game is great fun and great to enjoy with friends!

I still play to this day my Nintendo 64 version of Mario Kart and have never found anything to compete with it - but here it is!

Brilliant graphics and the weapons are great fun... no race is the same and it means that it's not always the BEST racers that come first - playing tactically works also!

The online playing is good fun for the players who want a little more out of the game but beware - there are copetitive people online.

I highly recommend getting additional Wii Wheels for any extra players - and at less than £7 each you can't go wrong.

Brilliant game, great fun... a must have!

5M USB 2.0 Extension Cable - Nickel Connectors
5M USB 2.0 Extension Cable - Nickel Connectors
Offered by HDMIPerfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin., 25 Jan 2009
A simple little extension that does exactly what it says.

Although I doubt the 'gold plated' connections make any difference whatsoever (as with most cables and connectors).

Useful for those things that just need to be that little bit further away.

Dummy security camera - motion detection
Dummy security camera - motion detection
Offered by All_Sorts

3.0 out of 5 stars A little noisy..., 25 Jan 2009
This dummy camera is good value for money and would work well high up if the motion sensor was that sensitive.

Unfortunately it is let down by the noise of the motor that powers it. When placed in a suitable position that it needs to be for the motion sensor to work, the noise of the motor kind of shows that it is a dummy, and the movement seems 'unnatural' for a security camera.

A nice idea, but there are better dummy cameras available.

WII REMOTE DUAL BATTERY CHARGER + 2 BATTERIES
WII REMOTE DUAL BATTERY CHARGER + 2 BATTERIES
Offered by Importer520(TM)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, no problems so far., 25 Jan 2009
After searching through a lot of similar products, this seemed the best value for money and after buying it, I wasn't disappointed!

The dock looks nice sitting next to the Wii and charges direct from the it's mains power. The blue lights are attractive, yet may be a little bright if left charging over-night.

Have only had the product a week and no problems so far, but obviously I cannot comment on the longevity of the product.

The only downside is that it doesn't charge with the protective skins on, but I didn't tend to use these that often anyway so not really a problem.

Neat little addition to the Wii and pays for itself from the savings in batteries!

Page: 1 | 2