Profile for D. Pugh > Reviews

Content by D. Pugh

D. Pugh "DenaVirago" (Bristol, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Sex and the City: The Movie 2 (Blu-ray + DVD) [2010] [Region Free]
Sex and the City: The Movie 2 (Blu-ray + DVD) [2010] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Sarah Jessica Parker
Price: 4.40

4.0 out of 5 stars iTunes Digital Copy working 21st August 2013, 21 Aug 2013
Despite the digital copy code expiring in 2011, it seems to have been reinstated by iTunes, as it just worked for me, 21st August 2013.

Much kudos to the studio, and to iTunes, as it is now very rare to get proper digital copies with movies, unfortunately. Just those nasty UV ones.

Anyway, a massive bargain with a working code - to buy it direct from iTunes SD would be 7.99 today.

Result!

Safeguard
Safeguard
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars I know it said it was a short story, but I didn't expect to read it in 10 minutes!, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Safeguard (Kindle Edition)
Good, unexpected end, but very unrealistic background. I liked the imaginative concept of retaining a SafeGuard for a moon. Much shorter than I expected though. I am having a lot of difficulty in relating a word count to a reading length, I'm too used to paper books I suppose, where you can do a guesstimate judging by the thickness.

Cost of 77p seemed valid for the length. I'd previously read the author's Kinesis book, which I would also recommend for a 4* read. (It would be better for spelling and punctuation improvements; not awful, but not perfect.)

Sony RDPXA900iP.CED Wireless Speaker Dock with Airplay and Bluetooth Compatiable with iPod/iPhone/iPad

5.0 out of 5 stars The sound is terrific, 30 May 2013
Big, but beautiful.

Sounds are mellow and accurate.

Likes a strong wi-fi signal, which is the only problem for me, but since there is Bluetooth as well then your options aren't limited.
Of course, you could use the Apple dock connector (not Lightning), or 3.5mm mini jack for physical options, so just about anyone and anything can be connected

2 Pairs Clip-on Polarized Lenses 3D Glasses for Movie Film Cinema
2 Pairs Clip-on Polarized Lenses 3D Glasses for Movie Film Cinema
Offered by ASVP Shop
Price: 8.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I can watch 3D films at the cinema, 30 May 2013
I really hated 3D films at the cinema. I can't see the picture well enough without my glasses, so I had to wear the 3D glasses over mine to watch films.

These are a boon - just clip over your normal glasses and away you go.

Ace

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars When you have a cold, and Amazon Prime, who needs to trek to the chemist?, 30 May 2013
The best Lemsip made, in my opinion. It even tastes nice! How rare is that?

If you get a cold or flu, the last thing you want to do is go out to get more medication, so a next day delivery with the Amazon Prime offer got me sorted quickly. (Amazon usually do a one month free offer for Prime. If you don't want to continue make sure you see the settings to not automatically renew after a month).

SONY RM-ED047 Original Remote Control
SONY RM-ED047 Original Remote Control
Offered by Genuine-remote-controls
Price: 11.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, truly identical to my remote that came with the TV, 30 May 2013
It is meant to be an OEM (original equpment manufacturer) product, and as far as I can tell it really is.

I was a little concerned when I ordered it, just in case it was a knock-off, but it seems identical to the original in every way.

Excellent value for money.

White 6m Rubber Draught Excluder for 3-5mm gaps (Long Life: 8yrs)
White 6m Rubber Draught Excluder for 3-5mm gaps (Long Life: 8yrs)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice clean white, separates into two easily where only a single width is needed, 30 May 2013
No faffing round trying to find scissors to separate this if you only want a half width. There's enough strength in it to hold it together, but it is easy enough to pull apart if you need to. Quite an achievement! I'm using it as a dust excluder on IKEA cabinets, and it does the job excellently without being noticeable.

Mintons Good Food Pre-Packed Apple Rings Dried 125 g (Pack of 10)
Mintons Good Food Pre-Packed Apple Rings Dried 125 g (Pack of 10)
Price: 17.10

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely, healthy treat, 30 May 2013
Recently it has been difficult to find dried fruit that hasn't been mucked about in some way, but these really hit the spot.

Just perfect.

The Finding (Law of the Lycans Book 5)
The Finding (Law of the Lycans Book 5)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great series, a really pleasant surprise, 14 April 2013
2 days ago I'd never heard of Nicky Charles. Now I've read three books and downloaded another two ready to read. I especially enjoyed the internal consistency. Too many new authors leave bits hanging, but this isn't a mistake made here.

Lots of 'novels' for Kindle are very short; novella size. These are a good size, separate stories that interconnect well.
The author requests a donation to an animal charity if her work is appreciated. I'll certainly be making a donation!

The Back-Up Plan [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free]
The Back-Up Plan [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Lopez
Price: 12.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant, easy watching., 25 Mar 2013
Nothing to tax your brain here, only your incredulity.

Good looking actors, a bit of humour - all I need to provide is the popcorn. Watch on a miserable day when you are wrapped up warmly :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8