Profile for B.R.G > Reviews

Casio Ladies Digital Watch LA670WA In Silver Black
Casio Ladies Digital Watch LA670WA In Silver Black
Offered by GeeTee

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 30 Nov. 2014
Lovely refined ladies watch. In my experience, it's really difficult to find a nice digital watch that isn't absolutely huge, or made of some horrendous brightly coloured plastic/rubber if you are a woman. This one is perfect for me - it's silver, so it looks nice with most things, it's thin (both in the width of the strap and the thickness of the face) so it isn't huge and unwieldy and the strap adjusts so I can fit it on my freakishly small wrists (an issue I've had with many watches is that they spin round my arm all the time - not so with this one).
It's very simple - it does have alarm and stopwatch functionality as well as a timer up to 30 minutes, but there's no day/date or backlight. However, it's still probably the best watch I've ever owned.

Womens Shock Absorbing Running Trainer Shoes Size UK 4
Womens Shock Absorbing Running Trainer Shoes Size UK 4

5.0 out of 5 stars I hate heavy, clunky trainers with thick soles, 30 Nov. 2014
I was expecting something okay, but that clearly looked cheaply made, and was pleasantly surprised! These are by far the comfiest trainers I've ever owned (now I've worn them in) and, while they clearly aren't expensive close up, they might pass for something much more flash at a glance.
They fit well (I'm generally a four, and a four was good), and are lovely and soft and light. I hate heavy, clunky trainers with thick soles, so these are great. I don't think they'll last a long time, but at the price I paid, I'm okay with buying more in the future!

pet dog puppy training cilcker with wrist strapy (blue)
pet dog puppy training cilcker with wrist strapy (blue)
Offered by ebestpcllceu

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little clicker., 30 Nov. 2014
Took an age to arrive (it did ship from Asia) but when it did it was fine. Undamaged, insanely cheap (clickers round here are often £4/5 for a nice button one) makes a good solid click, and I like the strap. It's basically a Karen Pryor clicker, but for a lot less.
Not as sturdy as my 'Mikki' brand clicker, but perfect for doing a bit of fun training with my chickens as the Mikki was so loud it scared them!

Case In Your Face® Nokia Lumia 630 Premium PU Leather Pull Tab Magnetic Flip Case Cover Pouch - Various Colours (Green)
Offered by case in your face

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect pouch, 30 Nov. 2014
Just what I needed. I just bought a Nokia Lumia 630, and was worried about the screen getting all scratched when it's in my bag. Really don't like those stick on screen protector films because they seem to be harder to keep clear of greasy fingerprint marks, and I didn't want a traditional flip case since they would cover up the vivid green colour of the phone, and also obscure the speaker (which is on the back of the phone) when I'm using it to watch YouTube videos or play a podcast.
So, I decided to get a pouch case instead, and this one is great. Nicely made, sturdy but not stiff, magnetic fastening so the phone won't just fall out into my bag, and a nice green colour to match my phone.

Vision Cage/ Home for Birds Tall, 60.9 x 38.1 x 87.6 cm, Medium
Vision Cage/ Home for Birds Tall, 60.9 x 38.1 x 87.6 cm, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we needed., 15 Aug. 2014
So far I absolutely love this cage. For one thing, its BIG but not huge and ornate and out of place in a normal house like some large cages.
It seems really sturdy, despite being entirely clipped together (no screws, no need for tools). I was a little worried, having bought the 'tall' model, it would be wobbly and might fall apart when being moved or if a cat jumped at it, but it's really nice. Doesn't seem less sturdy than any other cage.
It comes with nice food bowls (which, while they sit at the bottom, have a shield to stop them getting messy) and good perches designed to stop foot cramp issues. I'll obviously be adding some natural wood perches, but its nice to have the plastic ones for variety.
The doors and food bowl hatches have nice, sturdy bird/cat-proof locks on them.
The design for cleaning works for me - our previous cage was technically a hamster cage (biggest one I could find with the right bar spacing!), so our bird is used to staying in the top while I seperate it from the bottom.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2014 7:21 AM GMT

Ruff 'N' Tumble Star 'O' Bells
Ruff 'N' Tumble Star 'O' Bells
Offered by Mighty Oak Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for me., 7 Aug. 2014
Slides over a perch and my little guy likes to hop onto it, get it moving and hop off to hear the jingles! But beware if your bird is a real chewer - the plastic ball cages holing the bells look a little flimsy. I don't think they'd stand up to a determined bird.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good mix., 7 Aug. 2014
Good quality bird toys - nice sturdy plastic, doesn't appear to be any holes small enough for toes to get caught in, and the bell is nice and tough so a small bird isn't going to pull the tongue out. Nice little mix to add to birdie's collection.

Portal 2 (PC/Mac DVD)
Portal 2 (PC/Mac DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Off to play the original!, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Portal 2 (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This was recommended to me as a great 'first' PC game (other than the sims and Minecraft I wasn't much of a gamer till recently) and it was perfect.
I'm terrible at puzzles - I just can't visualise or think through how they work - so I did spend a lot of time on the Portal 2 wiki, however I never got bored because I HAD to know what happened next.
The puzzles are challenging, the story is gripping, and the visuals of the game? Absolutely gorgeous.

I recommend playing with an Xbox 360 PC controller for the best experience. Mouse and keyboard seemed to clunky for this.

Sheer Moist Foundation by Collection 2000 Sheer Porcelain
Sheer Moist Foundation by Collection 2000 Sheer Porcelain

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived damaged., 15 July 2014
The actual foundation is a nice pale colour, though its a little thick and oily, but the bottle was cracked when it arrived. Luckily the crack is on the neck of the bottle so the cap stopped it all leaking out, but I suspect exposure to the air has made the liquid thicker, and certainly the crack makes it harder to cleanly squeeze out of the bottle.

12 Piece Stainless Steel Wax Carving Set
12 Piece Stainless Steel Wax Carving Set
Offered by best deal 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value., 15 July 2014
Great tools, seem sturdy and good quality metal. My clay hasn't arrived yet (these came well before their delivery window!) so I can't say how effective they are, but they all appear to be the right shape, sizes and sharpness (where needed).
Given how expensive some of the tools made for specifically for clay sculpting are, these are a much better deal and will do the job just as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8