Profile for Kimberly Truitt > Reviews

Content by Kimberly Truitt

Kimberly Truitt (Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom)

Kitchen Craft Aluminium Coated Carbon Steel Four Hole Egg Poacher
Kitchen Craft Aluminium Coated Carbon Steel Four Hole Egg Poacher

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality material - peeled & rusted in 3 months, 28 Dec. 2013
I was thrilled with this product the first 2 or 3 times I used it but then it began to peel (the grey metal surface peeled off) and rust. We had to bin it because it was no longer safe to use for cooking. Very very disappointed.

The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy
by J. K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars A story that stays with you, 15 Oct. 2012
This review is from: The Casual Vacancy (Hardcover)
Imagine if you found yourself living in a village full of Dursleys . . . and you got to listen at their keyholes.

This book makes the reader uncomfortable. Rowling doesn't shy away from the realities of poverty, infidelity, teen angst or politics. I couldn't get this story out of my head. It shaped my dreams. It's like a belated coming-of-age story for grown ups, for whom some serious life lessons were long overdue. Masterfully crafted storytelling very much worthy of 5 stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2012 1:27 AM BST

Jamie's Ministry of Food: Anyone Can Learn to Cook in 24 Hours
Jamie's Ministry of Food: Anyone Can Learn to Cook in 24 Hours
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Jamie is my curry guru, 26 Mar. 2012
I'm originally from America and decided to try out Jamie's "Ministry of Food" book so that I could learn some British recipes. My British fiance loves curries but I'd always found greasy curry takeaways disgusting and the idea of making a complicated, unfamiliar dish daunting. Jamie's chicken tikka masala got my hubby and me cooking together for the first time, and now I love curries! Jamie uses fresh, tasty ingredients and gives simple directions. That recipe will always have a special place in my heart. I'd recommend the book for the chicken tikka alone, but there are many other good ones like his basic stew done four ways, crunchy garlic chicken (now a staple in our home) and super good lasagne (also new to me as lasagne is different in the USA). Thank you Jamie for helping this American learn to cook British food!

Welch's Concord Grape Jelly squeezable 567g pack of 1
Welch's Concord Grape Jelly squeezable 567g pack of 1
Offered by SOUTH AFRICAN FOODS

2.0 out of 5 stars Brand listed not what received, 14 May 2011
I ordered this item and was very impressed by the lightening fast shipping! However, the brand listed (Welch's) was not what I received. My parcel contained Smuckers squeezable grape jelly (known as jam here in the UK). Smuckers is a respected brand in the USA and they make a fine product but it's not Welch's and Welch's is what was posted for sale here.

Also, I ordered three items from the same seller and was charged separate shipping on each, despite the fact that they all arrived in the same box.

If these problems get sorted, this seller has the potential to provide a really good business.