Profile for Laughing man > Reviews

Content by Laughing man

Laughing man "Musician" (Ireland)

HTC Desire HD Sim Free Mobile Phone - Mocha
HTC Desire HD Sim Free Mobile Phone - Mocha

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart phone?, 11 Nov 2010
I waited a long time to get this every since it was rumoured to be released before the summer. I moved from my Blackberry Bold to this and it is fantastic. If you want a more technical spec then read the other reviews.
This phone sucks for battery life though. Expect to be charging it every night and maybe twice a day with heavy usage.

X-Force/Cable: Messiah War HC (Oversized)
X-Force/Cable: Messiah War HC (Oversized)
by Ariel Olivetti

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh., 15 Sep 2009
So this book involves a crossover of two of the current X-books dealing with the events of Messiah Complex which is an excellent title on its own.
Cable is still in his role protecting Hope and the X-force is pulled from their mission and sent forward in time to help Cable.
Ive been really looking forward to this book but I was quite disappointed. The art actually changes mid issue at some points and being a cross over has some very varied artwork from issue to issue making it visually hard to follow. Story wise was pretty much the same. It seemed like a mish-mash of various groups and plots but never actually came across as very engaging. It was like they wanted to tell everyone's story but only had a limited amount of time/space for each plot.
The x-force issues are excellent though and I cant wait to follow them further. Deadpool was a good addition also and provided some minor humour at times.
Nothing really changes the status-quo of the X-Universe after this book though. Its not really a great read for new comers who will have no idea whats going on. Its a decent story though for any X-fan. Get it if you like the X-force/Cable books. Dont get it if you are looking for a ground breaking stand alone story.
One thing I will say about this edition though is that it is FULL of content. Its a good buy for your buck and contains more than the listed issues on the amazon summary.

Astonishing X-Men: Ghost Box Premiere HC
Astonishing X-Men: Ghost Box Premiere HC
by Simone Bianchi

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing, 30 Aug 2009
Ive been eagerly awaiting this edition and it doesn't disappoint. It was always going to be hard taking over from Joss Whedon but this is an excellent story. It seems quite a bit darker and shows the x-men and Cyclops heading down a dark path.
The artwork took me a few pages to get used to but it really adds to the mood of the story.
Definitely worth a purchase for any x-men fan.

New X-Men By Grant Morrison Ultimate Collection Book 1 TPB (Graphic Novel Pb)
New X-Men By Grant Morrison Ultimate Collection Book 1 TPB (Graphic Novel Pb)
by Frank Quitely

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., 20 April 2009
All through the current x-men history I have been reading sections about what happens to Genosha and the mutant race. I got this volume to fill in the blanks I have been missing only to be shown 4-5 pages of what happens. It was a bit of a let down.
I cannot fault the writing at all. The stories are quite compelling and I eventually read the whole thing in one sitting. The dialogue and story feel a bit rushed towards the end and can seem a bit muddled but with so much going on in the story it is forgivable.
The art style on the other hand leaves alot to be desired. The beginning volumes are decent and take a turn away from conventional x-men, even if Wolverine looks Mexican, but towards the end Igor Kordey draws 2 or 3 issues and are the most disgusting drawings I have ever seen in a marvel comic. They look rushed and incomplete and I had to struggle to continue reading with only the fantastic writings of Grant Morrison to pull me through.
An essential read for any xmen fan but falls a bit short in art style.

Skullcandy SC-FMJ9 Headphones,Wired
Skullcandy SC-FMJ9 Headphones,Wired

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont bother, 24 July 2008
Just dont bother. I bought these to replace my earphones on my Archos 605. They sound like im listening to my music being played on a really old radio through a wall. Very muffled and very bassy (even with the equalisers bass turned down). The larger Headphone version are alot better.