Profile for stephen garbett > Reviews

Exo Terra Hide Out Cave, Medium
Exo Terra Hide Out Cave, Medium
Offered by The Pet & Outdoor Store

4.0 out of 5 stars I am overall happy with this product, 28 Aug 2014
I am overall happy with this product. It's pretty large, and I think my baby beardy won't outgrow this for a good while. My only gripe with this is that the colour on amazon looks like a yellow sandy colour. When it arrived, it was a brown colour. See the image in this link = http://c3.wag.com/images/products/p/hag/hag-915_1z.jpg . It is exactly like that.

Other than that it is what it is, a cave lol. I like it.

Numatic HVR200A Henry A1 Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner plus Kit A1, Red/Black
Numatic HVR200A Henry A1 Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner plus Kit A1, Red/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall happy: ), 14 Aug 2014
Loads of suction on it, it pulls my carpet up when I use that booster button. I would only not use the booster button if I'm doing my kitchen which is laminate flooring. Overall happy :)

TeckNet® M002 Nano Wireless Mouse,6 Buttons,18 Month Battery Life,2000 DPI 3 Adjustment Levels-Grey
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased!, 14 Aug 2014
Use this at work without a mouse pad on a wooden desk. Lovely and smooth and works just fine. My colleague who sits next to me uses one as well and it doesn't interfere or anything. Can't see how this could ever really get a bad review. There is a button behind the mouse wheel that controls the sensitivity of the mouse. Some people like this, some people don't need it. I don't need it, but it doesn't interfere with my daily activities or mouse movement. Very happy!

3 Pairs Adults Magic Stretch Driving Gloves With Grip Winter Warmer Accessory
3 Pairs Adults Magic Stretch Driving Gloves With Grip Winter Warmer Accessory
Offered by Dress to Impress

4.0 out of 5 stars These are good but they always seem to shred a bit, 14 Aug 2014
These are good but they always seem to shred a bit. Like the material keeps getting loose cotton or whatever you call it just flaking off and getting caught on stuff. I used these for driving into work last year all through the winter. 3 pairs was enough to lose 1 pair and 2 for general wear and tear. I will again purchase this product again in a few months for the winter.

7dayshop F7 High Quality Winter Fleece Snood / Neck Warmer Scarf - BLACK - Improved 220gsm Material!
Offered by My Shoe Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this product, 14 Aug 2014
Best buy I ever made. I use to live in a freezing cold shared accommodation, and they wouldn't let me have the heating on. I brought this and I've never been so warm in my life. This with a pair of long johns sorted me right out. This is so warm and soft. It's really good.

12 PAIRS MENS COTTON ARGYLE SOCKS / SIZE 6 - 11
12 PAIRS MENS COTTON ARGYLE SOCKS / SIZE 6 - 11
Offered by 123 Shop Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit well, lasted long, 14 Aug 2014
Had these 8 months. Started to look a bit faded now, however I don't have any holes or thinness (if that's a word), the socks haven't gone thin anywhere in the material. So yeah. I expect a pair of socks to last 1 year, and these are right on target.

Emma Barclay Lifestyle 25 - 28mm Telescopic Extendable Metal Ball Curtain Pole Set, Chrome, 120 - 210 Cm
Offered by Linens Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to assemble and adjust, 14 Aug 2014
Pole was easy to assemble and fit nicely over my window. I left about 8 inches of pole either side of my window to put my curtains on when they were opened. When the product arrived it had a lot of scratches on, which was a bit annoying. At the end of the day, it's going to get scratched by your circles in the curtain anyway (or the hooks if you use those hooks). It's not as though you can see them unless your up close. So I'm happy with it.

The pole did come with a plastic wrap around it to prevent the scratches, but it didn't really help (in case you were wondering)

Xigmatek Asgard ATX Midi Without Power Supply Black
Xigmatek Asgard ATX Midi Without Power Supply Black
Offered by LambdaTek ComponentShop

2.0 out of 5 stars ok case, 6 Jun 2014
Long story short, I used this for a NAS server. Good amount of bays and expansion slots. But the case is just has bad design. It is bearable though!

Critique:

-Expansion slots at the back are really hard to break off. So it comes with a metal sheet across each of the expansion slots that you have to tear off & then replace with an actual metal spare bracket. Weird design. Problem was that the metal was really hard to tear, I hurt my fingers a few times breaking all these bits of metal off.
-Very awkward to access the front case fan, I don't even know if it's possible. Something was catching on mine (i could hear it), and due to the case design I had a hard time trying to flick whatever it was in there out.
-Cable management holes are available, but everything get's completely crushed in the one corner. As my PSU isn't modular, I have to keep all the cables on it. I will have to spend a lot of time properly tightening cable tie's from the cable to the case, as currently, my motherboard side pannel won't fit back on due to all the cable's clumping together.
-I've used all 6 HDD's bays and the very top bay, for some bizarre reason, they've decided to offset it from the 5 bays beneath it. This made plugging in the HDD power and Sata connector very very awkward
-HDD bay's are old fashioned in terms of design. It faces the motherboard as opposed to the back of the case, which leads to worser use of cable management & makes it messy looking.
-Motherboard standoff's were a little off. I had a problem where a few of the standoff's didn't appear to use the correct thread.

Pro's:
-Good Expansion port capacity
-Good quantity HDD bay's
-Fan at front of case

MENS THERMAL T SHIRT SHORT SLEEVED WARM VEST UNDERWEAR WHITE OR CHARCOAL S M L XL XXL (MEDIUM - 38/40", WHITE)
Offered by TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars So warm, 28 May 2014
I love this thermal T-shirt. It never gets cold with it on. As soon as i come home from work i put this on with my housecoat & it's job done. Get some long johns for your legs & you are set for the winter. Honestly, it's really warm!

Plug-In Power and Energy Monitor
Plug-In Power and Energy Monitor
Offered by EnergyMonitorWorld

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome, 28 May 2014
I spent like 2 hours testing stuff with this. I love it. Here are some of my outputs:

//Main PC
SAMSUNG SSD 830 Series
1TB Western Digital HDD
3TB Western Digital HDD
3TB Western Digital HDD
Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 7870 OC Windforce 3X 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Atheros AR5005G Wireless Network Adapter
Mouse - Razer DeathAdder 2013 6400 DPI
Microsoft Wired Keyboard 200
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO AMD Intel Processor Cooler
CPU FANs - 2x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm 1850 RPM
Coolermaster HAF922 Case with 2x 200mm fans
2 x G.Skill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RipjawsX Memory Kit CL9 (9-9-9-24)

Test results when checking the Watts used in different scenarios

computer idle = avg 70Watts, max 95Watts
bf3 = avg 200Watts, max 215Watts
planetary annihilation avg 190Watts, max 201Watts
tf2 = avg 160Watts max 174Watts
tf2 & planetary annihilation avg 190Watts max 199Watts
compressing a large file = avg 130Watts

So turns out this machine could probably get away with a 300Watt PSU pretty easily. Suprised me!
I wonder how efficient the PSU would be if I did actually get a gold 300 Watt PSU. I will buy one and find out!

//Old LCD monitor (Samsung T220 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor)
avg around 41 Watts

//Cisco 3550
turned off 0 Watts
avg around 45 Watts

//Freenas server
turned off around 1.5Watts
avg 120watts, max 141Watts

//Light in attik (Flourescent)
turned off = 0 Watts
turned on = avg 10 Watts

//2 desk pc speakers
off = 3.8Watts
on = 4.8Watts

//Main Monitor (BenQ XL2420T)
off = 0 Watts