Profile for Mom > Reviews

Content by Mom

Mom

Page: 1 | 2
The Brainiest, Insaniest, Ultimate Puzzle Book! (Puzzle Book)
The Brainiest, Insaniest, Ultimate Puzzle Book! (Puzzle Book)
by Robert Leighton

5.0 out of 5 stars The language is clear and easy, and the book has various sections with different ..., 11 May 2015
My child loves this book! He can't get enough of it. The language is clear and easy, and the book has various sections with different types of puzzles.

The Magic Of The Faraway Tree [DVD]
The Magic Of The Faraway Tree [DVD]
Dvd ~ Enid Blyton
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars My kids like it fine, 11 May 2015
This DVD does not follow the book; it has stories told in small shows rather than being one long movie. My kids like it fine, but it is not what we expected, and we would not have gotten it if we'd realized what it really was.

The Adventures Of The Wishing Chair [DVD]
The Adventures Of The Wishing Chair [DVD]
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars My kids like it fine, 11 May 2015

Children's Bedtime Treasury
Children's Bedtime Treasury
by Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally worth the money!, 11 May 2015
Wonderful, wonderful book...each story is about three pages, i.e. five minutes, and they are all written in easy, clear language with colorful illustrations. Both my five-year-old and eight-year-old enjoy this book!

English-French: v. 3 (Bilingual Songs)
English-French: v. 3 (Bilingual Songs)
by Marie-France Marcie
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars Get Volume 4 instead, 11 May 2015
Not as good as volume 4 in this CD series--volume 3 has songs geared toward much younger children, i.e. a bit too childish even for an eight-year-old.

Things I've Learned about God from Parenting My Kids: Life Lessons for God's Children
by TL Valluy

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Oct. 2014
easy to read, interesting, not preachy, a good book for anyone trying to get in touch with God

Cat's Cradle: A Book of String Figures (Klutz)
Cat's Cradle: A Book of String Figures (Klutz)
by Anne Akers Johnson
Edition: Spiral-bound

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy it new or be very careful, 15 Mar. 2013
Cat's Cradle itself is great, but buyer beware. I bought mine used from Awesome Books, which sadly, I found out the hard way, is far from awesome. I was told it was in 'very good' condition and a 'complete' purchase; however, Cat's Cradle apparently comes with a color-coded string, which is referred to in enormous detail all throughout the book. The book is useable without this string, but it is much more difficult, particularly for a younger child who is trying to follow the color-coded directions. If you're going to get this, either buy it new or make sure the string is with it...and don't go through Awesome Books!

Lego Star Wars Mini Republic Attack Cruiser 30053 Bagged
Lego Star Wars Mini Republic Attack Cruiser 30053 Bagged
Offered by Game-Front

2.0 out of 5 stars A big price for a very small product, 15 Mar. 2013
A big price for a very small product...if I'd read the sizing more carefully, I'd have spent my money elsewhere. Still, it does come as advertised.

What's in the Bible Vol.2 [DVD]
What's in the Bible Vol.2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Phil Vischer
Offered by iconnectdirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wonderful!, 15 Mar. 2013
What's in the Bible is super fun, incredibly interesting and full of Bible truths. We have both the first and second DVDs. Apparently, the DVDs go in order of the Bible, teaching kids book by book. My three-year-old and six-year-old both love this series. It keeps their interests, even though some of the information is above my three-year-old's head. This is a DVD that we will be using for a long time; I'd wager a ten-to-twelve-year-old would appreciate it just as much. If you want your kids to get good basic Bible knowledge, and some non-basic facts thrown in as well, this is the DVD for you. I can't stress enough how wonderful it is. It's made by the Veggie Tales creators, but unlike Veggie Tales, it does not 'kiddify' facts (like in Veggie Tales Jonah where the people in Ninevah slap others with fish, which can confuse kids who don't really know the story). If you want your kids to learn Bible basics and enjoy doing it, invest in this DVD. And no, I have no contact with the company and get nothing from writing this review except the fact that maybe someone else will be able to use it to spread God's Word.

English-French: v. 4 (Bilingual Songs)
English-French: v. 4 (Bilingual Songs)
by Marie-France Marcie
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly wonderful, 16 Aug. 2012
At first, I was disappointed with this CD, thinking the songs were a bit lame. However, my children, who are being raised bilingual, absolutely adore the songs, which are all grammar-related. One of their favorites is called 'Adverbs of Frequency,' which is both catchy and educational. If you have an English-speaking child who is learning French, I highly recommend this CD!

Page: 1 | 2