Profile for L. Delfin-Borromeo > Reviews

Content by L. Delfin-Borromeo

L. Delfin-Borromeo "monstris" (London, UK)

Olympus WS-100 Digital Recorder
Olympus WS-100 Digital Recorder

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic, 4 Dec 2007
Picked this up at an airport as I needed a digital voice recorder immediately. And the idea of an on-board USB intrigued me. The filing system is simple and easy to learn. And the recording function is fine as you can always edit audio files after they load on the computer. The microphone is adequate though I plugged in a directional mic when appropriate.
My main criticism is this -- if you're planning to take this anywhere vaguely harsh, wet or inclement DON'T. It will break. It will cease operation. It will die. It's not as hardy as I like my tech gadgets to be...I tend to put them through a lot so giving this dvr a lacklustre assessment is probably unfair. But it failed to meet my demands. Now I'm shopping for a hardier dvr.

Xan Valleys
Xan Valleys
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars New Cross, Nu-Rave, 3 Feb 2007
This review is from: Xan Valleys (Audio CD)
This trio are unashamed about their wish to sell millions and billions of records. From their days knocking around New Cross, SE London to their current gruelling tour schedule their brand of electro, punk and rave noise never failed to capture the imagination of their fans.

The catchiness of Atlantis to Interzone begs you to goose-step your way to the nearest record store -- fist in the air, floppy haircut wafting in the wind. Gravity's Rainbow made me wet my skinny jeans.

However I'm rather upset by the fact there's nothing on here that I haven't heard on their MySpace. They do so much more live, I was expecting more. Still...this is part one of three prog fans. There's more to come and I can't wait.

Tower Of Love
Tower Of Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy This and Love It...or Else, 29 May 2006
This review is from: Tower Of Love (Audio CD)
When I rec'd a preview copy of this CD, I played it to a friend who told me Jim Noir sounds just like ELO and is nothing special. We now call my friend Jawless Jack.

This is a fantastic break from all the 'edgy' retro-punk bands that all try to sound like the New York Dolls. If you know what fresh air smells like, this is pretty close.