Profile for Alex Aitken > Reviews

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows - Part 1 (1-disc version) [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Daniel Radcliffe
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, but slow, 8 April 2013
I did enjoy this part of the final films but I did think it dragged a bit. There are scenes of a frightful nature, but I think that is what makes the films so unique as the films become scarier as the audience grow up. Sad ending to this film!

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 [DVD] [2011]
Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Daniel Radcliffe
Offered by SEND IT

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe its all over., 8 April 2013
I love Harry Potter, both the books and the films, though I do prefer the books, as I do with most book to movie adaptations. I enjoyed this final installment of the franchise, although I was a little disappointed at the ending. Though I won't give it away, I thought it could have been better. Watch from year 1 to year 7. You''l be devastated when there aren't anymore films to watch as you become so attatched to the characters. My personal favourite, Ron Weasly!

Red
Red
Offered by MasterDVD

4.0 out of 5 stars Pop and Country, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Red (Audio CD)
I have never bought a Taylor Swift record before, but after hearing a few of her singles from this album I had to buy it. The rest of the album doesn't disappoint. There is both up beat tunes and soft, mellow songs aswell as the odd ballad. Perfect to listen to in the car on a sunny day.

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Extended Edition Box Set) [DVD]
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Extended Edition Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Elijah Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertainment for hours!, 8 April 2013
I ordered this box set after I finished reading the trilogy, and although the movies don't portray the books in all it entirety they were still brilliantly similar. They are long films, so I watched one each week.

Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend
Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun., 8 April 2013
I enjoyed this chick lit. I have read many of Colgan' s novels and I have laughed with most of them. This book was funny at times, but there were few. The protagonist was different to your usual female heroine, because she is a character that you dislike, that is until she finds the revelation that helps her see that money and status does not always provide happiness, a cliche but done with humour and realism. I shall continue to read Colgan' s novels. I recommend Amanda's Wedding.

Safe House
Safe House

3.0 out of 5 stars A simple read, little connection with the characters but exciting at times., 8 April 2013
This review is from: Safe House (Kindle Edition)
This book wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. The truth unveiled towards the end of The Safe House was mediocre and I expected something more shocking. The plot itself is an interesting one, I did feel that I became more curious as I read on. I didn't feel a connection with the characters as much as the reader would be towards the protagonist; I didn't care if they found what they were looking for, as long as I did and I didn't necessarily route for their concerns. The setting of the Isle of Man was different, albeit enjoyable and this really defined the atmosphere and emotion of the book: a dark and murky tale. The language of The Safe House was very manageable, this results in a speedy read and Ewan has a talent in his descriptions of the settings and the gory violence. A simple read that is partly mundane and partly interesting.

Page: 1 | 2