Profile for Alex Aitken > Reviews

Britney Jean
Britney Jean
Offered by b68solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous britney, 11 July 2015
This review is from: Britney Jean (Audio CD)
Great album; my favourite songs are: Alien, work b**ch, perfume, brightest morning star and chilling with you.

OPI Hawaii 2015 Nail Polish Collection - Is Mai Tai Crooked 15ml (NL H68)
OPI Hawaii 2015 Nail Polish Collection - Is Mai Tai Crooked 15ml (NL H68)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good summer colour but stained nails, 28 May 2015
Quite a nice colour but when I took it off it stained my nails yellow. I couldn't get it off so I've just had to keep painting nails.

OPI Nail Lacquer Classics Collection, 15 ml - Pamplona Purple
OPI Nail Lacquer Classics Collection, 15 ml - Pamplona Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for all seasons, 1 Nov. 2014
Gorgeous colour, perfect for all seasons, especially autumn. Lasts for a good week. Looks like shellac after a few coats.

The Little Pink Pill: Perception can be a tricky thing
The Little Pink Pill: Perception can be a tricky thing

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 1 Nov. 2014
The idea is interesting but everything else was terrible. It was poorly written and had many spelling and grammatical errors. It was very unrealistic but also predictable. I thought the twist was silly and that the events that followed were over the top. I didn't like the protagonist. It all just seemed ridiculous. I also get irritated when a published book has so many spelling, punctuation and grammar errors. Doesn't anybody proof read it? I know I'm being a snob but I just don't think it's right that the book is published even though there are mistakes. I think I'm one of the few who thought the book was rubbish. Sorry!

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 30 Aug. 2014
This is a wonderful book to read. I found it both humorous, heartbreaking and heart melting. I thought it was written well, and felt that the vocabulary was truly delivered by a 16 year old girl, albeit a pretty smart one. The development of the characters really worked as I began to feel happy, sad and angry when they were. The book isn't very long, and it is an easy read. I did learn from it, which is a bonus when it comes to reading. The only thing that annoyed me was Hazel's negative response to God and heaven, but obviously that's just my own personal opinion, but if I felt that way, I must have cared about the lead character! Yes, I definitely got "into" the book, which I find rare. I highly recommend it.

In The Lonely Hour
In The Lonely Hour

4.0 out of 5 stars You say I'm crazy, 29 Aug. 2014
This review is from: In The Lonely Hour (Audio CD)
Sam Smith is amazing and the songs are great. The reason why I haven't given it 5 stars is because I expected there to be more upbeat songs, like La La La. There are a lot of warbler songs. Very good ones though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 29 Aug. 2014
I absolutely love this. I have a Kindle Fire that I mostly use for internet and films and TV shows and I was using it for reading but it was pretty useless for that. When it is sunny, the light reflexs on the glass screen which is very annoying and it is also pretty heavy.So I decided tp purchase the paperwhite. It's light, compact and easy to control. The backlight is great, as you can change the depth of light depending on the brightness or lack of in a room and I like that the Kindle tells you how far you are in the book. I just love reading from it. I still read physical books, which I love, but the paperwhite is probably more convenient, plus books are a bit cheaper when you get them on the kindle, so you are saving a few pennies.

Knitty Gritty: Knitting for the Absolute Beginner
Knitty Gritty: Knitting for the Absolute Beginner
by Aneeta Patel

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book for beginners, like myself., 29 Aug. 2014
I have found this book very useful. I have never knitted before but with the instructions and tips, I'm knitting rather well and really enjoying it. There is advice about the best yarn and needles to use, pictures along with the precise written instructions which helps me at every step. It's a very accessible book. I like that there are projects to go through, so that when one is completed I have the feeling of accomplishment, although I think I'll give the knitted ties a miss. My chunky scarf is coming along nicely and overall I am finding knitting really relaxing and enjoyable.

Life Of Pi
Life Of Pi

5.0 out of 5 stars Memorable, 1 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Life Of Pi (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this story and even though I had a break from reading it (as I was very busy) I quickly got back into it. The story of strength and courage and adventure really engaged me throughout. The protagonist is very like-able as is the antagonist. I became so deeply engrossed in Pi' s journey in crossing the Pacific that I just couldn't tear myself away. There are tragedies, but within these tragedies there is a sense of optimism that I will take away with me. Although I enjoyed the first part of the book when Pi talks about the zoo, I did think it was a little too stretched out. This book really does get you thinking: do you really have to see something to believe it? And to believe in the impossibilities because you just never know for certain that they are impossible...

Into the Darkest Corner
Into the Darkest Corner

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 Feb. 2014
I could not put this book down. I real page turner, with thrilling, dark and violent scenes to optimistic, romantic scenes. It really does keep you craving for more.

Page: 1 | 2