Profile for Russell Hill > Reviews

Nerf Super Soaker: Electrostorm
Offered by Burman
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away! Breaks after a couple of goes..., 7 Sep 2013
My two 7 yr old sons got these for their birthday, as you can imagine they were very thrilled and wanted to try them straight away. At first, they seemed good fun, nice range but very limited water capacity. DO NOT fill the guns up by dunking in a bucket of water like you might do with non-battery ones - we knew this from the outset and where very careful. However after just 3 uses, they BOTH broke. Yes, BOTH of them. This isn't just bad luck with one failed toy, but two of the same, both breaking in the same way. They just literally will not work. Changing the batteries does no good.

These are utter failures as toys and we would NOT recommend them in the least. Stay clear and spend your money elsewhere. Despite coming from a respectable company like Nerf, I'm sad to say these are duds.

We will attempt to get the receipt from the relative who purchased them and return them to a store - sadly, they where not purchased from Amazon.

BattleToad New iPad 2/3/4 Smart Cover Leather Premium Quality Case JISONCASE / Cover For Apple iPad 2nd, iPad 3rd & iPad 4th Generation, With Magnetic Auto Sleep / Wake Function - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this case - superb quality and quick delivery, 27 April 2012
Okay, so I spent a fortune on the new iPad 3, the last thing I wanted to do was spend a fortune on a case. I wanted to protect both the front and back of the iPad, so initially I bought a silicon rear-case protector from ebay, which did the job. However, I really liked the idea of the Apple smart cover, with the ability to protect the glass and act as a stand, as well as switching the iPad on and off - I just didn't like the price Apple wanted for it! Also, even if I had bought it, I'd have had effectively 2 cases attached to the iPad.

I did some research on the internet and saw that Jisoncase (weird name!) had something that protected both the front and back, acted as a smart cover (i.e. switched the iPad on and off) and as a stand. After doing some price checking online, I found this product and thought for the price, I'd give it a go.

I have to say that the speed of the delivery was fantastic - I ordered on Wednesday afternoon and the product arrived on Friday. But what really blew me away was the quality of the case - both in terms of the packaging, which far exceeds the norm for most cheap foreign made items - but also the build quality. It is very, very well made and does all it was advertised to do.

I can confirm that the rear case clips on the ipad firmly, and the front cover is flexible enough to fold into a triangle to act as a stand/support while typing. The magnets in the front cover operate the on/off feature of the iPad perfectly and also serve to hold the cover in a triangle shape, which is a nice surprise. In addition, I was concerned that the cover would not stay closed and would "flop" open when the device was turned over or carried, this is NOT the case. Once again the magnets in the cover do their job well and hold the cover closed.

To finish, I was seriously impressed with this case, it does all it was advertised to do, fits well on the new iPad (3rd gen) and does not add much bulk at all. Delivery was very speedy too.

Lenovo A1 7 inch Multi Touch Tablet (Cortex A8 1GHz, 16Gb Storage, 512Mb RAM, Dual Camera (0.3MP front/3MP rear), Android 2.3.4) - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice device, but disappointing issues, 5 Jan 2012
I've been watching the 7in android "scene" for over a year and have waited until a good, low cost tablet was produced by a well-known manufacturer. Lenovo seemed to fit the bill well and I've been keeping an eye on the A1 since it was first announced.

I researched it before purchase, as I do with everything, and found good reviews on most sites with the odd one or two complaining of physical issues with the machine such as touchscreen problems. There are a number of posts on the Lenovo forums about this and a video review on youtube that demonstrates this particular issue occurring.

However, I was encouraged by the Boxing Day sale price Amazon attached to this device so decided to dive in and try it. The delivery was delayed until 3rd Jan due to all the holidays, but that was expected. However from the moment I opened the box and got the A1 charged up, I had problems with it. The exact same ones as I had seen mentioned - the touchscreen starts to play up, acting as if 2 touches have been made on it rather than one. This made everything from swiping the unlock to switching home screens a problem, as well as typing, oh lord the typing! I have never been so frustrated in my life as when I tried to type ANYTHING on the keyboard. Don't get me wrong the keyboard itself is fine, it was the "ghost touches" causing an issue. Multiple letters would appear, the "focus" would change from one field to another, all seemingly randomly.

There was no guaranteed way to reproduce this problem. Sometimes you'd unlock the device and it would be fine, others it was straight into this nonsense. I called Lenovo support and they had never heard of this issue. I told them to go and read their own forums and they'd soon hear about it. Anyway, thanks to Amazons amazing customer service, I am returning this device for a refund. There is clearly an issue with them if more than one person experiences the same problem, and for the UK support to have no knowledge was a bit of a let down.

So if you buy one of these devices, I hope you don't have this touchscreen problem because there doesn't look like there's any plans for Lenovo to resolve the issue. I am not sure if they could as it's not clear if it's down to software or hardware. Please don't get me wrong, this COULD be a perfect little 7in android device, but it's let down by this particular issue I'm afraid. I didn't have issues with viewing angles on the screen for example, the device is perfectly weighted for holding and reading, the features such as the expansion card slot are welcomed and useful. I would however agree with other commenters about the touch-buttons on the bezel, they should stay illuminated for longer and have brighter labelling as in dim light, it's impossible to see where you are touching in order to get back home or select a menu etc.

I'd end by saying simply: buyer beware.

Vivomounts Adjustable Wall Bracket For Large Plasma And LCD Screens For 36" - 55" Wide Screens With Tilt
Offered by Electro World
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 10 Dec 2007
The bracket does as advertised. I recently purchased one to mount a 46in Sony Bravia LCD weighing 41kg. Delivery was exceptionally quick, item was well packaged.

The instructions where easy enough to follow. Measuring the wall for the ideal location being the only time consuming part.

It's worth noting that accuracy with getting the initial markings level is key, but minor deviations from true-level can be accounted for as the bracket slots are slightly larger than the supplied coach-bolts and so do allow for some post fixing levelling.

The mechanism for tilting works well and the supplied knobs are sufficient to lock the TV in position once the ideal angle is found.

The bracket IS deep as stated elsewhere in other reviews, and the TV does protrude from the wall quite significantly. While this does allow access to the sockets on the back of the TV, some could class this as unsightly.

I would suggest going for a fixed bracket if you absolutely HAVE to have the TV close to the wall (one that does not allow angle adjustment) if you can get the TV to a comfortable viewing angle, and if you plan to channel into the wall for the cabling. I did look into other brackets in order to get the TV closer to the wall, but the inability to angle the unit and the requirement to channel the walls was not appealing to me.

In any case, this is such a good price for a solidly built product, that if you decide later to change, you've not lost a stack of cash.

Do not expect a lot from the supplied bracket bolts. None of the sizes where appropriate for the Bravia and I had to find replacements at a local ironmongers, with the length of the bolt proving the main problem.

Overall, I am very pleased with the bracket and it is definitely excellent value for money.