Profile for drewen > Reviews

drewen

Page: 1 | 2
Full Moon In Cowtown
Full Moon In Cowtown

3.0 out of 5 stars As it stands it sounds like a victim of the "loudness war", 1 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Full Moon In Cowtown (Audio CD)
Tragically it's only the mix.

I missed the boot. Naughty me.

So pre-ordered.

As it stands it sounds like a victim of the "loudness war".

I can remix, but why can't people supposedly running a label do it. Sorry people.

I'll pass on details when I've sorted - well if I can.

Hold off or find boot. London is a half decent alternative, but look abroad. As ever AmazonUK is a joke with prices.

Now I know people call this the "tragic band" but sorry I don't get it.

I've been fortunate, well old enough, to see the late captain and band in many guises.

Hey the first album I picked up was called Plastic Factory. In late Woolworth's, coo that looks neat.

Please don't let the "purists" put you off.

This band and tour was a joyous thing - lots of smiles and dancing (and that was just Mr Vliet) ... Scary eh.

Revisionism says we listened to reviewers. We didn't we enjoyed the music.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2014 10:08 AM BST

Panasonic DMW-BCG10E Lithium-ion Battery Pack
Panasonic DMW-BCG10E Lithium-ion Battery Pack
Offered by magicdiscounts

4.0 out of 5 stars is a battery, 16 Jan. 2014
Sorry I don't mean to be daft, but it is what it is.

Was added to a present for someone.

Appears to do the job, but of course not had it long enough to comment fully.

Photographer's Guide to the Fujifilm X10 (Black and White Edition)
Photographer's Guide to the Fujifilm X10 (Black and White Edition)
by Alexander S. White

4.0 out of 5 stars Still reading, 16 Jan. 2014
Not as, how shall we say, dry as the manual.

But still wading through it.

Keeps me out of mischief though.

Panasonic DMW-PHH58XEK Case for TZ35, TZ40 - Black
Panasonic DMW-PHH58XEK Case for TZ35, TZ40 - Black
Offered by magicdiscounts

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems okay, 16 Jan. 2014
Was a present for someone.

Personally I think it's a bit smelly, in a strange way.

But they seem happy.

My Dog: The Paradox: A Lovable Discourse about Man's Best Friend
My Dog: The Paradox: A Lovable Discourse about Man's Best Friend
by The Oatmeal

5.0 out of 5 stars It was a present, 16 Jan. 2014
So to say I love it wouldn't be true.

But the recipient did and that's all that matters.

If a dog owns you you'll probably like it.

Panasonic DE-A66, DE-A66A, DE-A66AB mains battery charger for Panasonic Battery DMW-BCG10E, DMWBCG10E, BCG10E, DMW BCG10E for Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ6, DMCTZ 6,DMC-TZ7, DMCTZ7, DMC-TZ8, DMCTZ8, DMC-TZ9, DMCTZ9, DMC-TZ10, DMCTZ10, DMC-TZ18, DMCTZ18, DMC-TZ10, DMC-TZ10, DMC-TZ20, DMCTZ20, DMC-TZ22, DMCTZ22, DMC-TZ25, DMCTZ25, DMC-TZ30, DMCTZ30, DMC-TZ65, DMC-ZR1, DMCZR1, DMC-ZR3, DMCZR3, DMC-ZS1, DMCZS1, DMC-ZS3, DMCZS3, DMC-ZS5, DMCZS5, DMC-ZS6, DMCZS6, DMC-ZS7, DMCZS7, DMC-ZS8, DMCZS8, DMC-ZS10, DMCZS10, DMC-ZX1, DMCZX1, DMC-ZX3, DMCZX3
Offered by ExpressPro

3.0 out of 5 stars Review as I said I would, 16 Jan. 2014
Okay I said I couldn't give you 5 stars.

The plug "prongs" were sticking out of the envelope as I told you. It wasn't a retail box product but loose.

It charged battery fine, but as I said it runs hot. Panasonic maybe won't respond to me, but you should carry more clout as a company so please tell them.

That said it does the job. Thank you.

Super Meat Boy - Ultra Edition (PC CD)
Super Meat Boy - Ultra Edition (PC CD)
Offered by Unique_Item_Bazaar

1.0 out of 5 stars perhaps I should have listened, 4 Mar. 2013
One star for fun is probably mean. But there is a proviso.

Okay I have nothing against making sure people don't steal.

(Let's face it, sadly you can see cracks for PvZ. A game I've bought umpteen people. Less than £6 in shops for your own physical copy! Yet still gets thieved. Strewth. How sad is that.)

But have bought this game so my nephew could have a game to play when visiting.

Then:

Load. Steam. Enter number. Steam. Start up. Steam. Try to shut down. Steam. Try to contact them.... Why do I bother.

Okay the game seemingly works. But there's something hidden and I don't like that. I can now see why people complain.

Off it comes. It'll go to charity shop down road. They can have the poster and booklet too.

I'll physically mark disk with warning. Probably just landfill after I'd got that far mind.

Sad I know, but never again.

Once the company have the code in a database what is the problem. I can shunt millions of individual ones at work. Is awful honest.

What a shame. He'd have loved it I reckon.

Me I happily parted with my money. But when I unwrapped the disk I really did't expect to be treated that way.

Enjoy if you can live with it all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2014 3:11 AM BST

Windows 8 Pro Upgrade Edition - Upgrade from Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8, 1 Nov. 2012
Okay I liked the way windows 7 hid its disasters and was an evolution in some ways from xp. But this.

On a phone maybe or on a tablet maybe. They're touch screen. But that's a different demographic. On an ordinary computer...

Then I wan't to do real things.

And no, not twit, face and so on. And no disrespects. But all that power under the hood.

Screen features? First thing I do on mobile is turn off time, I have a watch, and weather, I look outside.

Seems to be aimed as a "social" product first and foremost.

Then using a mouse or touchpad. Sheesh.

I was going to say I'm not sure what they were thinking of, but of course I do. The crock of gold. But how elusive is that.

I can still be childlike, but treated as a child?

At home an awkward distraction at best. At work, sorry don't think so.

Oh dear.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2012 9:41 PM GMT

Bad Santa [DVD] [2003] [2005]
Bad Santa [DVD] [2003] [2005]
Dvd ~ Billy Bob Thornton
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars spare everyone, 21 Jan. 2012
Well its strange....

Then sadly not any more.

You buy a "Christmas" film advertised as funny. It isn't.

Then wouldn't be funny no matter what.

Adult? Nope.

"Strong" language. Yep. Really it's called swearing - feeble language.

Any redeeming features. Nope. Script. Where?

Save your money.

It's dreadful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2012 4:42 PM GMT

Motorola Gleam black mobile phone sim-free unlocked
Motorola Gleam black mobile phone sim-free unlocked

4.0 out of 5 stars drewen, 18 Nov. 2011
First things first.

As far as I knew the phone wasn't available in black, only a "grey" colour.

Though this phone is truly black.

Yes when powered up it was in German. But as soon as you insert your sim (brought over all details), it defaults to that language. I can see some might have a problem. Apologies, but it's, just personally, one of those things that makes the world a richer place.

(There are 3 guides - German, French and Italian. English can be downloaded as a pdf. Personally I'm working on catching up, for shame I've forgotten. But, to be honest as with all tech, once you fire something up, who reads the instructions - well apart from when we get really desperate. That's a man thing.)

Have had a couple of "smart phones", well known shall we say, but not the fruity variety. Gave them away. I've no need for weather - I can see it when I'm out and about. Email/web - sorry I need a break. Then finger and pocket size. But worse, for me, there's the charge time.

Had no problem with key lag.

Don't want as music player, radio fine though - might use, but then maybe not. Camera might be handy if I see "flying saucer" when going to work, otherwise I have a camera. Lets face it you'd get a "smart phone" for these features.

Chuck in microSD if needed. Funny you don't always get one though they're dirt cheap now.

Real cons. Well...

Grieves me big time to leave my V3. (In no way is this, or that said many other much more expensive phones, a quality match for that.) But after all these years two most used top keys fracturing. But, biggest problem is finding a decent replacement battery. As I said charge time is king to me.

The Gleam is a bit bigger. Yet that suits my fingers. And because it opens out it means I have a proper size phone. Not subjecting anyone to "I'm on the bus"/"Been to clap clinic for bits rot". Spare us all please.

Yet it also seems a bit heavier. Not sure why because it's plastic.

Biggest gripe, sad or what, it's a finger magnet. Why does it have to be so shiny? Can't be the "retro" outer screen.

And there Motorola you should be ashamed. (Remember the Jewel?) It's a tad, how shall we say, naff. It doesn't say who's calling. (Maybe I need to swot a bit more - mmm...)

But thankfully if you open the phone it does - but doesn't immediately answer. Not being funny that's a key part of a "clam" design. Maybe it's just me though and people want to be "always on demand".

If you have 'phone tools' beyond 4. Well tough as far as I can see (though it does flag up as a mass storage device). Why does a company make a phone, or anything else for that matter, that can't use/understand its own software?

Final word - praise for the supplier.

I've knocked a star of for the quirks. But if you don't want all singing/all dancing/all "interweb" it's recommended.

Page: 1 | 2