Profile for Julian Williams > Reviews

Content by Julian Williams

Julian Williams (Stourport -on-Severn UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Confessions of a Ghostwriter (Confessions Series)
Confessions of a Ghostwriter (Confessions Series)
Price: 2.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating to know it goes on (ghost writing) but this ..., 4 Aug 2014
Fascinating to know it goes on (ghost writing) but this has a lawyer's fingerprint all over it. Well written but pedestrian. I suppose I was seeking the revelations that the author concocted for his clients, about his clients. Not here. But still an interesting read.

Mug Punting
Mug Punting
Price: 2.63

5.0 out of 5 stars The book I could have written, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Mug Punting (Kindle Edition)
Love the gentle skulduggery of it all. Reminds me of me and my experiences at about the same period of time.

A very enjoyable read.

Donzo Leather Flip Case Wallet Structure for Nokia Lumia 820
Donzo Leather Flip Case Wallet Structure for Nokia Lumia 820
Offered by Avanto GmbH
Price: 18.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 4 Jun 2014
This real leather case is a genuine treat. Fits, of course, and the bendy back thingy is superb for using my phone as an alarm clock at night (I use the Night Stand Clock app) or for viewing TV and video.

Smart.

One little daft niggle that applies to all flip cases. The magnet in the strap plays games with the in-built compass.It's not a problem for me. And if I was stuck in wilderness I'd simply take the phone out of the case.

BTW: I've had this case bought me via Amazon which is why I don't appear as a verified purchaser. But I am a verifiable user.

Sales Commando (Financial Services): Unleash Your Potential
Sales Commando (Financial Services): Unleash Your Potential
by Doug Tucker
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential read for all in sales, 1 Jun 2014
I've been fortunate enough to have gone through Doug Tucker's incredible on-line video training series. This book adds a new dimension to that - and together they work harmoniously.

The book is lucidly written, with not a wasted line or paragraph. Real world examples back up the text in what must be the most comprehensive and hard hitting sales training guide in print.

Think you know everything about sales? Read this to find out you don't - and to learn not only how to be better but be best at what you strive to do.

The Circle
The Circle
Price: 5.98

4.0 out of 5 stars The Circle V Big Brother, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Circle (Kindle Edition)
I've been itching to write a review of this book. To share my opinion. And yet the core content of this book makes me cautious.

The Circe (a company) is like Google on slightly more acid.

The concept is inclusion. No secrets, no lies. The objective of the Circle is, until the last few pages,to close the circle. Transparency rules over privacy.

David Eggers raises many very interesting points and it is a good read well written.

It made me recall George Orwell's Big Brother (1984). The thing about The Circle is that there's always an opt out clause from monitoring - bathroom time, bedtime, location etc. In 1984 you've no choice, you're just in it.

Read both books. But for me, for the sheer frightening possibilities of technology, 1984 just shades it. Even though it was written in 1948.

Nokia BP-5T Battery for Lumia 820 - Black
Nokia BP-5T Battery for Lumia 820 - Black
Offered by TheSlickZone UK (Ships From USA)
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Blowing hot and cold, 9 May 2014
This charges okay apart from a few times when the battery has run hot on charging and then discharged at the same charging rate. On its own - with no help from me using the phone.

I don't understand how batteries work but I know that fakes sometimes overheat. I'm not suggesting this is a fake but the overheating (albeit only on the rare occasion) is worrying.

Perhaps I just have an original that is faulty. Will give it another week before making a decision about returns.

This in no way reflects the seller who provided the battery at lightening delivery speed. I guess they'll be as interested in whether this battery is faulty or not as I am.

Freud on Course: The Racing Lives of Clement Freud
Freud on Course: The Racing Lives of Clement Freud
Price: 6.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle, incisive read, 9 May 2014
The book we all wanted publishing following Clement Freud's desk bound departure and it doesn't disappoint.

A terrific read within which the great man lives on.

The Wolf of Wall Street
The Wolf of Wall Street
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars No drizzle, 9 May 2014
I found this an excellent read. Very well written - a high speed thrill seeking journey that had to crash . Now to watch the film.

Microsoft Office 365 Home - 5 Users - 1yr Subscription  [Download]
Microsoft Office 365 Home - 5 Users - 1yr Subscription [Download]
Price: 61.14

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not download, 27 Mar 2014
Do not, under any circumstance download this appalling attempt at Google Chrome. It is fundamentally flawed.

But, there again, if you like software that is viral, sluggish and sloven then give it a go. There's a fix it tool at Microsoft - [...] - that is designed to help you get rid of the program.

That's right. Microsoft have made a special uninstall prog - because the fuddling program, by the time you've come to uninstall it, will have infected every part of your computer.

I've gone back to Office 2007. Safe, functional and sound. And if I did ever upgrade to Office 2013 in the future, I'll buy it on disk.

Maybe as soon as I get my money back for this crock of...

Tomb Raider (PC DVD)
Tomb Raider (PC DVD)
Offered by PNA247
Price: 12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A cinematic triumph, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Tomb Raider (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Tomb Raider meets Wolfenstein (game) meets Apocalypse Now (film) meets Crash Bandicoot (crates, although you can't break them by jumping on them). With a crafted storyline worthy of any adventure film it's a real treat. I was bought this game (from Amazon) and you should get someone to buy it for you too :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5