Profile for fivish > Reviews

Thumbs Up Emergency Charger for most Mobile Phones, iPod and BlackBerry
Thumbs Up Emergency Charger for most Mobile Phones, iPod and BlackBerry
Offered by Divalicious Boudoir

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy..., 4 Oct 2011
The device is very iffy. It will charge my iPhone4 but not my daughters and they are both the same model and firmware. Also, after a few minutes it gets very hot. I am afraid the battery will explode! Its going back for a refund. Definitely not of merchantable quality.

Wahl Cordless Kettle Chrome Tinted Glass 3000W 1.6 Litre Capacity ZX743
Wahl Cordless Kettle Chrome Tinted Glass 3000W 1.6 Litre Capacity ZX743

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best kettle we have ever had..., 20 Dec 2010
This is simply the best kettle we have ever had. It looks fabulous, boils quickly and pours well. Some kettles have very poor pouring characteristics, this does not.
Worth every penny. Can be recommended 100%.
Should I ever need another kettle, I would buy another one of these.

Canon FS100 Digital Camcorder (45 x Advanced Zoom With 2.7" Widescreen Colour LCD)

5.0 out of 5 stars My 5th video camera!, 12 Jun 2009
Having started videoing in 1981 with a full size VHS 'portable' Panasonic NV3000 recorder and JVC GX88E video (plumbicon)camera, I can say I have some experience with domestic video! The VHS kit was followed by a Fuji 8mm and then a Canon 8mm. I went digital with a Panasonic Mini DV.
I recently started looking for a fully solid state camcorder. The HDD versions are fragile and have too much storage! I short-listed the Canon FS100 and the Panasonic 26. I bought the Canon as it had the slightly larger CCD! Its a very easy to use video camera. You can change just about every setting manualy, but why bother. The auto settings are perfect nearly all the time.
The only issue is with the video file extension! Why do they use .mod ?
This is not recognised by anything except the video software that is supplied with the camcorder!
In order to play it back on the usual suspects (GOM, VLC, Irfanview etc) you have to rename it to .mpg ! It is after all just mpeg2 (DVD standard).
Complaints about low light performance are generic to devices with such small CCDs. And of course cmos is much worse. The FS100 has a 1/6" CCD.

Finaly, its made in Japan.
Thats much more reasuring than made in China or Korea etc.

New iPod Touch Silicone Skin Case for 2008 2nd generation
New iPod Touch Silicone Skin Case for 2008 2nd generation

3.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you get the right one!, 18 Feb 2009
I ordered the 2nd gen iPod Touch and silicon case. But the case they sent was for a 1st gen iPod Touch. Its taken weeks of emails back and forward and I still dont have the correct case. Why associate the wrong case with the iPod? The case that I have has a lug on the top left where the volume control buttons are. I am waiting impatiently for the correct case to be supplied by VanguardTech.

Nikon D40 with AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II
Nikon D40 with AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II

5.0 out of 5 stars What more do you want?, 27 Mar 2008
I went digital much too soon! Having owned (over 30 years) a Nikkormat FT2, F301 and F601 with 35-70 and 70-210 Nikkors I was used to excellent images every time. Three years ago the Nikon D70 was £1000 so I bought an Olympus C8080WZ for £550. The 8Mp sensor is bigger than on compacts but still suffered noise at 400 asa. It is also very very slow. Press the shutter button and whistle a tune while it works everything out before actually taking the picture. This was very frustrating after 30 years of using very fast SLR's. So, at last there was an affordable Nikon D-SLR.
WOW! The D40 is as fast as my trusty F601 and weights about half! Images are excellent, with almost no noise at 400 asa. The D40 out performs the 40X on noise and the 2MB file size speeds everything up. Who wants 4MB JPG's ? As a 'Nikon Man' I am very very happy with my 40D. Many thanks to Nikon engineers for producing an excellent camera now at an astonishingly low price.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Very, very, very, very slow!, 31 Oct 2006
I bought this camera as I could not at that time aford to pay twice as much for a DSLR. Although on paper the spec. is good, in practice the camera is painfully slow. You press the shutter button and then wait what feels like an eternity for the thing to actually take the picture. I have had three 35mm SLRs before this camera and was used to an instantaneous response. Its impossible to take action shots when you have no idea when the shutter will fire. Now it can take reasonably good pics, not as good as 35mm but then what digital camera can? Has good zoom range and adequate flash. Battery life is also very good. Dont like the loose lens barrel. Handles quite well except when trying to find a dedicated button on the left side. The handbook runs to nearly 300 pages, and for all that has little explanation of the features. After three years with the 8080 I bought a DSLR and wonder why I ever thought the 8080 would satisfy me.