Profile for Belle Loudon > Reviews

Content by Belle Loudon

Belle Loudon (London, England)

The Various: The Touchstone Trilogy
The Various: The Touchstone Trilogy
by Steve Augarde

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous book for any age. Adults will love it too, 3 April 2010
I completely lost myself in these wonderful books and was very sad when I closed the final book in the trilogy. The characters felt like they'd become friends and I didn't want to lose them. They've been called 'a modern children's classic' and they are certainly that. But like the best books for children, adults (like me) can enjoy them as much. Vivid characters, an exciting story with warmth and danger. I couldn't put these down. The best books I've read in years.

Frozen in Time
Frozen in Time
by Ali Sparkes

5.0 out of 5 stars a wonderful read, 20 Feb 2010
This review is from: Frozen in Time (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book. It's exciting, mysterious and funny and keeps you guessing to the very last page. Anyone reading it is in for a fantastic adventure. It says on the book for ages 9 and upwards, but adults would enjoy it too.

Salad Leaves for All Seasons: Organic Growing from Pot to Plot
Salad Leaves for All Seasons: Organic Growing from Pot to Plot
by Charles Dowding
Price: 7.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book from an expert grower, 22 May 2009
This is the second book I bought by Charles Dowding, having enjoyed his other titles so much. I love his practical approach, his obvious love of his subject and his wealth of experience - which he freely shares. If you relish salads this is the book for you. You can grow juicy leaves all year round and know that you're doing your bit for the planet as well as your tummy! This has got to be the ONLY way to grow stuff in my opinion. If the garden and wildlife benefit by these tried and trusted methods - it's a no brainer that we do too. Do yourself a favour and do what Charles does. Buy this book and love it.

Organic Gardening: The Natural No-dig Way
Organic Gardening: The Natural No-dig Way
by Charles Dowding

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for organic growers, 22 May 2009
Everything you'll ever need to know about raised beds and no-dig organic gardening. Lots of stuff I've never read before about how important it is to grow the right veg, herb, fruit at the right time. i.e. Spring isn't always the optimum time for sowing certain varieties - which explains why some of my plants - although organically grown and given loads of TLC didn't thrive. Excellent book by someone who absolutely knows his stuff. I want to be let loose in his garden and then cook myself dinner! A must have for anyone who cares about their green footprint, wants to garden 'with' and not 'against' nature, and wants to make the most of a small area to grow the best stuff.

Composting: An Easy Household Guide (Green Books Guides)
Composting: An Easy Household Guide (Green Books Guides)
by Nicky Scott
Price: 4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars It really does make composting easy, 22 May 2009
Full of good practical advice. Easy, at-a-glance information. I found this book great to dip into and a good quick reference to keep to hand. I never realised there were so many different ways to get composting. I've bought a bin from my local council and now I'm hooked with collecting stuff in bags ready to build a quick-heat-up pile and boring everyone who'll listen with amazing facts about compost. It's also amazing how you can reduce what you put in your dustbin or recycle box. An excellent book - buy it!

A Very Special Friend (Magic Kitten)
A Very Special Friend (Magic Kitten)
by Sue Bentley

5.0 out of 5 stars A smashing read, 2 April 2008
Just loved this book! I have 4 children aged 5 - 9 so we had 4 world book day tokens and so 4 books. Magic Kitten is by far the best of the 4 with Where's Wally at No 4! All of the kids loved it, boys and girls - I think it's the magic bits and pieces that Flame ( the Magic Kitten ) uses that had them so enthralled. We even had to play Magic Kitten games after. I've also bought some more Magic Kittens and Magic Kitten Activity Books and will ration them out over the next 2 months to prolong the enjoyment. This is definitely up there with the Rainbow Fairies as a series well worth buying ******