Profile for Mikes > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Skullcandy Lowrider New 2014 On-Ear Headphones with Mic - Black
Skullcandy Lowrider New 2014 On-Ear Headphones with Mic - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable for £15 !, 11 July 2015
I wanted something for the train as I find ear buds uncomfortable. I wanted good sound quality at a reasonable price. I started looking around the £50-60 range at various brands like akg and sennheiser. At home I use sennheiser HD595 phones through a NAD Amplifier and for loudspeakers I use Quad 11L's so I have a fair idea about good quality sound. These lowrider headphones aren't the last word in any area for sure ...but they are absolutely great all rounders and I can't believe what they deliver for just £15 quid !

They are fairly punchy, detailed and always in control even with some of my 'difficult' 70s prog rock stuff (eg Yes - Going for the one). I can chuck these in my rucksack without worrying. Honestly - for £15 give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

Basil Tour Rear Briefcase Double Pannier Bag Heavy Duty Black 26L
Basil Tour Rear Briefcase Double Pannier Bag Heavy Duty Black 26L

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with these panniers., 19 Jan. 2015
Firstly, I was attracted to these pannier's because I couldn't use a set I already had due to 'heel strike' when I tried to transfer them from my hybrid bike to my recently purchased road/touring bike. I noticed the curved front edge of the Basil Tour Panniers and hoped this would solve the problem. I'm pleased to say it did indeed!

I found that the strap/buckle (top) fasteners didn't suit my Tortec Tour Ultralite rack as the width of the rack meant that the metal part of each buckle sat directly on the rack. Unlucky as had the rack been 1cm wider or narrower the straps would have sat either side correctly. I simply cut them off and used some mini bungee cords. Please note, this is no big deal and I'm still giving them 5 stars as I reckon my method is as good if not better than the intended fit. If your rack width is such that you can use the straps/buckles then give it a go, otherwise I can't envisage anyone not being able to easily secure these to pretty much any rack using my method or similar.

For me the lower (side) Velcro fasteners work fine as luckily they line up perfectly with one of the racks side supports. I don't want to use cable ties as some suggest as I want to be able to easily remove the panniers which I can when these and my mini bungee's are used.

The value for money of these panniers is pretty good at £31 as they are pretty good quality. The inserts work well and do their job keeping the shape. During my first outing it rained for 1 hour and the contents remained dry. The plastic 'snap' buckles appear robust and work well. Perhaps the best point of these panniers is how smart they look!

The two side pockets are not much use for anything other than cards or I manage to just about get a small set of keys in one side.

At 26l (2x13) these are ideal for my 'full day out explore the countryside' tours. If you want more I believe there is an XL version.

If anyone is interested I weighed the panniers on some very accurate scales and can tell you that they are exactly 1.43kg - which is pretty good.

In summary I think these panniers are great.

Kärcher K2 Compact Air-Cooled Pressure Washer
Kärcher K2 Compact Air-Cooled Pressure Washer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good basic jet washer, 13 Jun. 2013
I bought this to replace a similar basic Karcher model which served me well for 11 years before packing up.

Power wise its absolutely fine for normal domestic requirements like patio, decking & car washing etc.

Pretty much a bargain for £74 delivered.

Sennheiser MM 30i Ear-Canal Headset
Sennheiser MM 30i Ear-Canal Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 6 Jun. 2013
A great set of ear phones to replace standard iphone / android sets.

I have played around a dozen tracks back to back swapping the phones with the originals to test.

The difference on both my android phone and my wifes iphone is amazing over the standard buds. Better bass, treble, clarity & overall punch - without the "boxiness" of the standard junk.

On the android the +/- volume doesn't work as they are designed for the iphone (so what!) but the pause/answer and the MIC work as they should.

highly recommended!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2014 7:29 PM BST

Nimbus 7" Universal Anti-Shock Tablet PC Sleeve/Case - Protective Cover For Nexus 7 1 & 2(2012/2013), iPad Mini, & Other Devices (Black Green)
Offered by inno-in

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, 6 Nov. 2012
This is an absolutely great little case for the Google (Asus) Nexus 7.

Its just the right size, appears well made and offers good protection with the bubble padding interior system.

There is also a handy little zip pouch for your headphones.

Great value at just £14, you would be convinced it was £20 -£30. I would reccommend without question.

Invero ® Black Universal USB Mains Charger ideal for Iphone 4, 4S Ipad 2, 3, Touch 4, Kindles, Samsung Galaxy S3, S2, Note, Nexus, HTC One X, Speakers, Tablets, Camera etc
Offered by technoplay ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job very well, 5 Oct. 2012
Item received looks slightly different to the picture but thats irrelevant really.

Works very well. Charges my Samsung Android phone and my wifes Iphone perfectly. It appears reasonably well made also.

CTEK MXS 3.6 4-Stage Car Battery Charger 3.8 A 12 V Multi-Functional - discontinued by manufacturer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good conditioner, 21 Sept. 2012
Ok as a conditioner that can be left attached to the battery but a bit too low on power (only 3.6amps) to be a proper charger for average size leisure batteries. It takes a few days to charge my 80ah leisure battery fully from flat. I wish I had bought the 10amp version.

Karrimor Men's Bodmin Ii Low Weathertite Walking Shoe
Karrimor Men's Bodmin Ii Low Weathertite Walking Shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value walking shoes, 14 Sept. 2011
These shoes appear to excellent value for money. They are really comfortable,waterproof and have a good grip sole.

I wanted a pair of lightweight shoes rather than the hassle of boots just for trail & general walking and these fit the bill perfectly.

16" Ultra Slim LED Digital Freeview USB Record TV DVD. Caravan HGV Boat. 12 / 24 VOLT DC 12V + 240
Offered by The PC Customiser

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little Caravan tv, 6 April 2011
I bought this for the Caravan as it is both 12v & 240v and at lot less than others such as 'Avtex'

Viewing angles are good as is the picture (once adjusted as the defaults are no use).

It comes with all the plugs, adapters & leads you need for both voltages.

The built in DVD works well as does the USB feature.

Very pleased with it!

VoIP skype IP USB speakerphone telephone SK-04
VoIP skype IP USB speakerphone telephone SK-04

4.0 out of 5 stars SK-04, 12 Sept. 2005
"Does what is says on the tin" .A professional looking office phone with good quality sound. Once volume levels are set the speaker phone works very well.
Good value, and nicer to use than a headset.

Page: 1 | 2