Profile for Charmed53444 > Reviews

Content by Charmed53444

Charmed53444 (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
The Final Casebook of Mortimer Grimm (The Harkins Saga 1)
The Final Casebook of Mortimer Grimm (The Harkins Saga 1)
Price: 1.54

4.0 out of 5 stars I need book 2... NOW, 12 Dec 2013
Loved the storyline and the characters. Each chapter is short enough but exciting so it never gets boring. I can't wait for the next book.

Homescapes - White Duck FEATHER AND DOWN Pillow PAIR - Department Store Quality - Anti Dust Mite - Wash at Home Range - Soft firmness

2.0 out of 5 stars Thinnest pillow possible, 22 Dec 2010
Luckily, this pillow is for my toddlers first pillows so I'm pleased that they're not thick. However, you can put your hand under the pillow and practically scratch you face with your nails through the pillow. It's paper thin. If you like thin pillows, it's for you.

True Blood Boxed Set (Sookie Stackhouse Vampire)
True Blood Boxed Set (Sookie Stackhouse Vampire)
by Charlaine Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to put down, 25 April 2010
I started reading these after a recommendation and with a very open mind. I now can't put them down. They're full of action and twists. If you like the vampire theme, these are the books to read. Absolutely brilliant.

Foxtrot Oscar
Foxtrot Oscar
by Charlie Owen
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars True life, 22 Mar 2010
This review is from: Foxtrot Oscar (Paperback)
This book and his others are nothing but fantastic. They are based on real policing way before Life on Mars was even thought of. I would highly recommend these books to anybody who remembers the old policing style.

House of Night Set
House of Night Set
by P C Cast

4.0 out of 5 stars The characters make the book, not the writing, 22 Mar 2010
This review is from: House of Night Set (Paperback)
This set of books have a fantastic story line. The imagination is brilliant and the characters brought to life. It's extremely addictive... however, myself and my friend found we had to get to the 2nd book before we could start enjoying it. The writer completely over describes everything with irrelevant information (ie the make of sunglasses she puts on). It almost has a feel of a teenager writing the story as apposed to a story written for teenagers. There are things repeated so many times through all of the books, that we both skipped over entire paragraphs just to avoid reading the same stuff over and over again. All of that said, I got used to the amateur feel of the writing and am eagerly awaiting the next book.

PillMate Daily Use Pill Box
PillMate Daily Use Pill Box
Offered by Concept4U (UK)
Price: 10.07

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 22 Mar 2010
Very cheaply made and the boxes stuck and wouldn't open... However, it's really useful and hasn't yet fallen apart.

The Angels Trilogy
The Angels Trilogy
by Lurlene McDaniel
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 4.82

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 22 Mar 2010
I was looking forward to reading this but I was really disappointed. She is clearly a good writer and doesn't over or under describe things. However, the book is just full of death but strangely with no story to talk of. I stuck with the books and have to say that the first book was completely uneventful (not that I wanted to read more interesting depressing stuff, I just wanted something to happen). By half way through the second book, you know the characters and want to keep reading but it's my feeling that the writer is just obsessed with death and hasn't made anything good of these books. Shame but I definitely wouldn't read another.

Baby Banz Combo Pack
Baby Banz Combo Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product if you can keep it on!, 13 Feb 2010
This review is from: Baby Banz Combo Pack (Apparel)
I bought these for my twin babies. They look great and do the job... as long as you can get them to keep them on.

XL Bean Bag BROWN Faux Leather Bean Bags - Extra Large Bean Bag Chair
XL Bean Bag BROWN Faux Leather Bean Bags - Extra Large Bean Bag Chair
Offered by Comfort Co
Price: 29.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but not hard wearing, 13 Feb 2010
I have two of these and one split immediately where the seams are sewn at the top. It now blows out the little balls everytime it's sat on. Other than that, they are quite comfortable. I've had to use them for 3 months whilst waiting for my settee to be delivered.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2010 1:02 PM BST

The Soddit (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
The Soddit (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
by Adam Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly funny, 13 Feb 2010
If you have a great sense of humour and know the Lord of the Rings story, you will laugh at this. I couldn't stop laughing at it's stupidity. Brilliant writer. Great book.

Page: 1 | 2