Profile for MarkP > Reviews

Neewer® Brown Single-handed Specially Designed For Ukulele Banjo Mandolin Capo
Neewer® Brown Single-handed Specially Designed For Ukulele Banjo Mandolin Capo
Offered by Ultra Sales Global

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect capo for a Uke, 6 Dec. 2014
The perfect capo for a Ukulele. Good quality product that simply does what it should. Easy to fit, not too large and made for the uke it's close to perfect and really good value too. We have not had it long so I can't really say how well it will do over a long period of time before but it is easy to fit appears well made and does what it Should.

TIR
TIR

5.0 out of 5 stars Cerys at her Best, 6 Dec. 2014
This review is from: TIR (Audio CD)
I think this may well be Cerys Mathews finest album and I'm keen on a lot of her material, considering I'm not a Welsh speaker that may seem a bit of a stretch but you can not fail to be intoxicated by the album. Sosban Fach may be the best version of the song anywhere and there is a lot of other great material. Welsh speaking or not your cd collection deserves this to be included.

Everybody Down
Everybody Down

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best release of the past decade, 6 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Everybody Down (Audio CD)
Considering I would consider folk music to be my music genre of choice this is pure brilliance. Maybe it's the fact that there is a story told that makes it so appealing maybe in reality it is the true modern folk song. Whatever, everyone should either listen to this or own it, you need to turn it up loud and listen without disturbance. Just Brilliant

Songs to Change the World
Songs to Change the World

5.0 out of 5 stars Interested in protest songs? Then look no further!, 29 Nov. 2013
From Strange fruit to a Manchester rambler this cd has them all. If you have any interest in protest music then there will be something on here that you will enjoy and secondly you might not have already. Every collection deserves this cd. A few tracks sound quality is at best described as poor but considering what they are they add to the appeal of the album. All in all an excellent cd.

Y Niwl
Y Niwl

4.0 out of 5 stars Welsh surf music, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Y Niwl (Audio CD)
The lack of five stars is probably more of a reflection on my concentration span than the quality of the cd but there are a few tracks towards the end of the cd that I always find myself making a drink or putting wood on the woodburner and maybe if it was playing whilst I was cooking on the BBQ then it would of got five. It is a unique cd and I've not found anything similar and I would recommend it to everyone who enjoys music and don't restrict themselves to one particular genre of music.

The Full English
The Full English

5.0 out of 5 stars Could be the Cream of folk, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Full English (Audio CD)
This combination of musicians creat a gorgeous sound that you can't help but stop what you are doing to listen fully. Exceptional musicianship and addictive vocals just stop you in your tracks.Interesting stories told in song means it's everything that a great folk album should be. It's one of the years must buys

What Men Deserve to Lose
What Men Deserve to Lose

5.0 out of 5 stars For all the Folkies in da house, 29 Nov. 2013
Live you can't help but dance to the peatbog fairies and on cd you find yourself playing it several notches louder than you would normally and you catch yourself having a mini dad dance as you go about whatever it is you are doing, children burst into wild dancing and complain when you turn in down! What's not to like? Even if it's not your thing buy it,it will make a small difference to the enjoyment of life.

Sistrionix
Sistrionix
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it and play it loud, 10 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Sistrionix (Audio CD)
Whilst not being sure that the image they have chosen is wise their music is truly awesome. Simple as that! Good old fashioned rock crossed with the white stripes and delivered loud and proud. Buy it, enjoy it and play it LOUD. There probably isn't a great deal of depth to their lyrics but the same could be said of AcDc so no worries. It really does make a refreshing change.

The Surf Cafe Cookbook: Living the Dream: Cooking and Surfing on the West Coast of Ireland
by Jane Lamberth

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost the perfect coffee table book with some truly excellent recipes., 10 Oct. 2013
I would of give it five stars but I'm just too poor to really share the dream, I'm just being mean as it truly is great. The recipes I've tried have all turned out great and I want both a cafe and more of the outdoors in my life as a result of my reading it. I even want to go back to Ireland so I guess it does everything right. I even want to give it five stars but I can hear my own excuses for not following my own path and not truly living the dream and as a result my revenge is just the four. Buy it whatever your circumstances it might just change your life for the better even if it only means you learn a few simple recipes to make your life a more tasty place to be.

None The Wiser
None The Wiser

4.0 out of 5 stars As miserable as ever, 10 Oct. 2013
This review is from: None The Wiser (Audio CD)
I like the fact that Chris woods lyrics are just so cynical and the fact that he always appears to be miserable! I do wonder if there is a darker side that he really wants to let out and that really would be in my top ten. If you listen to the lyrics he paints a very realistic picture which may not be to everyone's liking as it's easier to forget about how utterly unfair this world we live in is. If you are a politician,banker or power mad businessman please buy this album as this is what the majority of us think even tho it's portrayed in such a mild way. Excellent

Page: 1 | 2 | 3