Profile for MarkP > Reviews

Rogue's Gallery:Pirate Ballads
Rogue's Gallery:Pirate Ballads
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Once you press play you can't help but enjoy, 31 Mar 2013
I loved this cd. Whilst not quite what I was expecting ( I expected more traditional sea shanties etc) and its all the better for it. My eight year old son did ask me turn it off due to the language which for Pirate ballads is only to be expected. What ever your taste in music I think you could find something on here to enjoy. I didn't take it out of the CD player for two weeks and its been replaced by its follow up Son of Rogues Gallery. Buy it, Put it on with friends around and enjoy( a drink or two may help also)

HATCHLING
HATCHLING
Price: 9.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 13 Oct 2012
This review is from: HATCHLING (Audio CD)
Somehow I missed the first Emily portman release and so was very surprised to find just how good this album is. It really is magical and I've now purchased the first and looking to catch a gig near me with a little look. Rather than nu folk this is new folk music, new songs about new and old tales alike. Brilliant I play it often. If you like folk you will like this,however if your into death metal it might not be for you but give it a chance and you may well be surprised

Bavarian Cooking (German Cookery Series) (In English)
Bavarian Cooking (German Cookery Series) (In English)
by Olli Leeb
Price: 9.77

4.0 out of 5 stars No tv chefs here but all the better for it, 13 Oct 2012
I have been looking for a Bavarian cook book for a while and this is a very good introduction, I think it helps if you can cook as occasionally the method can seem a little vague but I've enjoyed everything I've tried from it. It arrived quickly and was well packed so try something truly different and surprise your dinner guests

LenogoTM Replacement HP Compaq Laptop Battery for Presario DV4 CQ40 CQ45 CQ50 CQ60 CQ61 CQ70 CQ71 Series HP Pavilion dv4 dv5 dv6 Series, fits 484170-001 484171-001 484170-002 KS524AA HSTNN-CB72 [10.8V 4800mAh/48wh] Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete rubbish, 13 Oct 2012
Product was faulty after I complained they suggested a remedy ( which wasn't a bad idea really) but when that didn't work as a cell was obviously down they stopped replying.
Now Just trying to get my money back via amazon, such a shame because in the hundreds of things I've purchased from amazon this is only the second faulty one and the last was dealt with immediately unlike this( the other was from amazon direct)
Use with extreme caution. On a plus note it did fit and looked to be reasonable quality

Cool Camping Cookbook
Cool Camping Cookbook
by Nadia Shireen
Price: 9.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for BBQs and camping alike, 9 Sep 2012
This review is from: Cool Camping Cookbook (Paperback)
I have loved all of this series of books and this is another excellent addition, after browsing through it you will want to go and cook something from it and ideally in the outdoors and I guess that is what the purpose of the book. Every recipe I've tried has been a success and I'm not the greatest cook and so it gets full marks on that account too. If nothing else buy it for the jerk chicken recipe.

Midnight Flower
Midnight Flower
Price: 22.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs the baebes, 9 Sep 2012
This review is from: Midnight Flower (Audio CD)
As good as the baebes at their best and why wouldn't it be? I struggled with Miranda sex garden but always loved the baebes. Live katherine always used to appear to be the driving force and that is reflected in this excellent album. If your a fan of this genre you will love this album if you are not you may well like it alot. It's worth getting a copy to add to your collection and it makes a good talking point over a meal with friends if nothing else. In fact just buy it and play it to everyone you know.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2013 4:39 PM BST

Banga
Banga
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 6.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply excellent, 9 Sep 2012
This review is from: Banga (Audio CD)
Patti smith is almost back to her best. I love it and it makes an easy album to be introduced to patti's music before exploring her older material yet is substantial enough for existing fans. However I have played it to non patti fans and they have disliked it to be honest but that's the beauty of music I guess.

Adelphi Has To Fly
Adelphi Has To Fly
Price: 9.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh folk, 22 Jun 2012
This review is from: Adelphi Has To Fly (Audio CD)
As folk becomes ever more popular it is refreshing to hear something that stands out from the crowd! I don't play it all the time but every time I return to it I hear something else special. Well worth a listen

England: A Hand-Picked Selection of Exceptional Campsites (Cool Camping)
England: A Hand-Picked Selection of Exceptional Campsites (Cool Camping)
by Jonathan Knight
Price: 11.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply fantastic, 1 Aug 2011
If you like camping buy this book its as simple as that. Every site I have tried has been as good as the description. It will take you away from the big sites but take a chance you will never regret it.

Price: 14.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great offering from the unthanks, 21 April 2011
This review is from: Last (Audio CD)
If you are interested in music you should buy this even if you don't like Folk music
it may just change your mind and therefore your life.
Always interesting to listen too in whatever guise they record,the Unthanks are great to listen too when you don't want to be distracted by anything else. In fact lock the doors and listen to it like your life depended on you knowing it by heart and you may begin to appreciate their amazing sound.

Page: 1 | 2