Profile for Jacky Cowper > Reviews

Content by Jacky Cowper

Jacky Cowper "Jakes" (Edinburgh)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
eBags Kalya Town Square (Eggplant)
eBags Kalya Town Square (Eggplant)
Offered by eBags marketplace

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 9 Feb. 2016
This review is from: eBags Kalya Town Square (Luggage)
Absolutely excellent bag - great size, roomy without being bulky. Takes all my stuff, and for some reason I seem to carry a whole lot of stuff. My only complaint would be the lack of a strengthener for the bottom of the main bag, but that's fairly easily resolved with some stiff card. It's really good. Highly recommended. I will buy more of this type of bag if this is the standard they are.

Andrew James 1100 Watt Digital Filter Coffee Maker With Fully Programmable Function And Reusable Mesh Filter- 15 Cup Capacity
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars You might die of old age waiting for coffee...., 19 Jan. 2016
Maybe I just got a duff one but I followed the instructions, switched on and waited for my coffee. And waited. And waited. 40 minutes later I had about half an inch of coffee in the bottom of the pot. I peeked into the lid and the water was dripping through. I took the filters and the coffee out and still it didn't really come through. I have no idea what's wrong. I was given this at Christmas and threw away the box so can't really return it. It looked so nice that I confess I am disappointed. I plan to let it cool down and really go into it to make sure it's not blocked somewhere but what a let down.

Betron Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable, Sync and Charger for iPhone, iPad, iPod, iPad Mini (Pink)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but...., 12 Jan. 2016
Very pretty and a good quality wire BUT there is one fairly major drawback. My phone is in a hard protective case and for reasons known only to Belkin, they have made the plug wider than the average charger so it won't actually go in past the casing on the phone. If I want to use it, I'll need to take the hard cover off the phone.

False Memory
False Memory

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow to start but enjoyable., 10 Jan. 2016
This review is from: False Memory (Kindle Edition)
Urgh. It seemed to take ages for the story to get going. So much detail about knives and scissors. In the end though it picks up nicely and rattles along.

Bulling Through
Bulling Through
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Having watched the whole series now I just loved it. I'm not a dancer, 27 Nov. 2015
Having watched the whole series now I just loved it. I'm not a dancer, and some of the reviews I've read on other sites from dancers are pretty critical, but I just loved it. There's a real dark edge to it which comes out towards the end of the series, and the lead actress is perhaps the weakest when it comes to expressing emotion, but it kind of suits the character.

The Secret Life and Curious Death of Miss Jean Milne
The Secret Life and Curious Death of Miss Jean Milne

5.0 out of 5 stars Great characters, 19 Oct. 2015
It's too easy nowadays to pick up a book and get a smattering of characters wading through channels of gore. This is a smashing story beautifully imagined. The characters are real enough to reach out and touch the silks and smell the streets. Super ending. How wonderful it is to find a story that you don't see the twist until it has you by the throat.

The Forgotten Girls (Book #1 in The Suburban Murder Series)
The Forgotten Girls (Book #1 in The Suburban Murder Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 25 Sept. 2015
Good strong debut novel without too much gratuitous gore. I was hoping for a bigger twist ending and the obvious references to a well-known UK paedophile case didn't pass me by, but all and all a decent enough read.

EHC 228 x 254 cm 100 Percent Cotton Waffle Extra-Large 3 Seater Sofa or King Bed Throw, Wine

5.0 out of 5 stars Big and beautiful., 9 May 2015
Very large blanket. Feels like a good quality spread and worth the money.

In The Dark
In The Dark

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 30 Mar. 2015
This review is from: In The Dark (Kindle Edition)
An enjoyable read but strangely disassociated. I don't know why but I didn't connect to it completely in the way I normally do. I guess because, frankly, I found the heroine somewhat unlikeable. It was brave though to have a heavily pregnant lead character and braver to not tell us the sex of the baby....

6 mm x 1.2 mm (16g) x 4 mm Rainbow Balls - Tragus Helix Cartilage Earring Bar Barbell Stud - Surgical Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them., 15 Nov. 2014
I use these in my lobes especially when I've been wearing other earrings and I've got a wee infection going. They are perfect. They fit well and though the ball is fiddly if you put something under you to catch it if you drop it you won't lose it. I like them very much.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5