Profile for princessfreesia > Reviews

I Quit Sugar for Life: Your fad-free wholefood wellness code and cookbook
I Quit Sugar for Life: Your fad-free wholefood wellness code and cookbook
by Sarah Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars A vibrant, well-researched, inspiring book!, 12 May 2014
Sarah Wilson strikes again with her inimitable good humour, intelligent discussion, and WONDERFUL recipes for a thoroughly enjoyable 'read 'n' rendezvous' with your kitchen, haha!

I am still sifting through the pages as this is a new addition to my cookbook catalogue, but I am already impressed with her extreme wealth of knowledge and the colourful and BEAUTIFULLY presented recipes that practically dance off the pages in their excited fervour. Even things I wouldn't have considered or could be arsed to try, I am now literally chomping at the bit to give a go and make a regular part of my holistic health routine; trust me, this is an invaluable resource for anyone suffering from autoimmune disease (especially thyroid issues, but autoimmune issues share many of the same problems such as chronic inflammation and low immune system function, skin issues, extreme hormonal ups and downs, toxicity, fatigue - you name it) and indeed anyone with a chronic sugar addiction (guilty, very guilty - like, emergency butter and icing sugar at midnight guilty and sneak eating to avoid embarrassment) will find her guidelines a godsend. Yes, it takes commitment, time, and organisation - but once you get a handle on your issues with sugar (be it psychological or physiological - usually both go hand in hand), the ride is a smoother sail towards greater health and wellness of body and mind. I have been following her for quite some time now, and have been implementing the recipes and guidelines from her first (also excellent) book "I Quit Sugar" which, if you aren't going to be lazy with, will set your journey off equally as well. I must admit though that this book takes it many steps further as Sarah builds upon her prior (and very sound) understanding of the complexities of nutritional healing and incorporates a multi-faceted approach to quitting sugar (or rather, excess fructose consumption - the one that has been proven to be significantly linked to diseases such as cancer for example) in this publication that is truly the "icing on the cake", ha! And you'll certainly be enjoying your less harmful "cream cheese frosting" with rice malt syrup vigour and enthusiasm, I assure you ;)

Buy this book. Live your life free of this insideous addiction. Reclaim your health, your happiness, your self-control, your freedom from being held back by anything weighing you down. No regrets :)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2014 3:01 PM BST

Universal Nut Milk Bag
Universal Nut Milk Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL SELLERS, FABULOUS PRODUCT!, 6 Jun. 2012
Wow, the quality of this beautiful nut milk bag wholeheartedly matches the calibre of the darling people who sold it! The package arrived swiftly and was BEAUTIFULLY presented - there was even the finer detailed touch with a couple of small shiny glitter hearts that sat on their business card, I LOVED that! Much care and consideration was put into this package, and it's things such as this that make shopping online such a pleasurable experience, and a memorable one at that :)

The nut milk bag itself is of the finest quality and sieves/strains without any trouble at all - I made a HUGE pitcher of it a few days after it had arrived and it was the best nut milk I've ever made with optimum straining and minimal fuss. I adore the gorgeous rainbow pull-string attached to it as well, and really appreciated the instructions for preparing and making a good nut milk that were included in the package. Lovely sellers who I'm sure are also LOVELY people, bless you darlings!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2013 4:50 PM BST