Profile for K. Jackson > Reviews

Wagamama: Ways With Noodles
by Hugo Arnold
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-changing!, 5 April 2010
I love this recipe book, I borrowed it off a friend a few months ago but have now bought my own. Admittedly I haven't made any of the more complicated recipes, I am a busy working Mum who often eats dinner late at night. The great thing about this book is that there is a whole section of quick, simple recipes that take around 15 minutes at the most and only need a handful of ingredients. Once you have bought the basics (rice vinegar, fish sauce, sauce sauce and noodles) you only ever need a couple of extra things (usually spring onions, the meat and coriander/basil/spinach). Instead of eating fresh pasta and frozen pizzas every night, I can make healthier and tastier noodle dishes instead. There is also a kid's section at the back and even my fussy toddler likes some of the recipes. I probably make about 3 dishes a week from this book so it has been well worth the money and I'm glad I discovered it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars cute, 15 Jan 2010
Nice quality babygrow, I cant comment on how accurate the sizing is as it was gift but it lovely to find a girl's babygrow that wasn't boring pink!

Orchard Toys Who's on the Farm?
Orchard Toys Who's on the Farm?
Price: 5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality jigsaw, 30 Oct 2009
Nice jigsaw, my two year old loves it. The pieces are nice and thick so he doesn't bend/chew them!

Crayola - 8 Broadline Washable Markers
Crayola - 8 Broadline Washable Markers
Price: 3.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 30 Oct 2009
I can't comment on whether these are washable or not because luckily my 2 year old has only drawn on paper or his own skin so far! These pens are the best quality felt tips I've bought. The cheaper ones' nibs seem to disappear into the pen with him whacking them onto the paper, but these ones seem to be resistant to his force!

Fireman Sam - Triple Pack [DVD]
Fireman Sam - Triple Pack [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fireman Sam
Offered by AGJ1965
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps a toddler quiet!, 30 Oct 2009
My son loves these, they were great value for money. The DVD episodes play on loop and he doesn't seem to notice that he has seen the same one 10 times!

Orchard Toys Rescue Squad
Orchard Toys Rescue Squad
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality jigsaw, 3 Aug 2009
This review is from: Orchard Toys Rescue Squad (Toy)
My little boy got this for his second birthday, I think it was a bit easy for him so I wouldn't buy it for an older child, but he enjoys making it. It is realy good quality and will probably last a while.

The Last Noo-noo
The Last Noo-noo
by Jill Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 3 Aug 2009
This review is from: The Last Noo-noo (Paperback)
..okay so its not meant to be for Mums, but its us who reads them so it helps if we like the story right?! Its a really well written story, very funny. The only problem is my son is two, I'm trying to take his dummy away and every time he sees this book he asks for one!

Where is Jess?: On the Farm (Postman Pat Lift the Flap Book)
Where is Jess?: On the Farm (Postman Pat Lift the Flap Book)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for Pat fans and little people, 3 Aug 2009
This is a great book for babies and toddlers, my little boy is a Pat fanatic, but even if he wasn't its a good book for learning farm animals and their noises.

The Truth About Melody Browne
The Truth About Melody Browne
by Lisa Jewell
Price: 10.64

3.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner, 9 Jun 2009
I'm a big Lisa Jewell fan. I found this book hard to put down, it has a bit of a mystery to it and I wanted to know what would happen next. The only downside to this book compared to other Lisa jewell books is that I didn't really get to know the characters well enough to care about them. It lacked an extra bit of warmth.

Santogold
Santogold
Offered by jim-exselecky
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Jun 2009
This review is from: Santogold (Audio CD)
I love this CD, its been playing continuously in my car for about a month!

Page: 1 | 2